College says 9/11 memorial posters offensive to Muslim students

I was going to defend the posters until I saw the posters, they are in no way a memorial to 9/11. just more hate, something OUR country is swimming in.

In what way are they not 9/11 memorials?

I suppose they are...in the same way as...anti-Jewish neo-nazi propeganda is a WW2 memorial.

You said that "in no way" is the poster a 9/11 memorial. So again, how is it not a 9/11 memorial?

Let me ask you: Are you suggesting that, contrary to what the poster advises us to do, we forget these terrorist acts?

Is the poster interested in remembering (memorializing) the attacks or in fueling hatred towards a large group of people who had nothing to do with it?

I choose to believe they are interested in remembering the idealogical hatred behind the attacks and that we must strive to put an end to it. Why do you believe otherwise?

The difference is important. One is a memorial. The other is the use of a tragedy to promote an agenda.

What agenda might that be, ending terrorism perhaps?

Note: I posted a number of posters that clearly did NOT advocate forgetting. Why would you think that I am suggesting we "forget" it?

Because while you have no problem not forgetting, you seem to have a problem with conservatives not forgetting. If you advocate not forgetting, it is a righteous crusade against hate. If a conservative advocates not forgetting, it's Islamaphobia and racism.

In fact...I'll also ask this - how is all THIS related to 9/11? You have multiple unrelated events which had differing causes...war and a failed state in Libya, ISIS, 9/11, and the Orlando nightclub bombing. It's a serious of images that have in common one thing - Muslims, with none of the complexities behind each event. USS Cole, that's Al Queda. But the Iranian revolution? They overthrew the government that the US had put in place because it didn't like the government the Iranaians had elected. What does THAT have to do with 9/11?

What is the purpose of the poster?

terror-poster.jpg

It identifies the enemy. The same way our military identifies the enemy. It's a RELATED WAR that that US and other countries INCLUDING ARAB muslim countries have been fighting since 9-11. You should think about it again -- because it DOES answer your issue about how to define Islamic Fundamentalism Terrorism as the "enemy". And how to counter the idiots who THINK this is a broader war..

It is ENTIRELY related. I could have the President of Egypt or Iraq explain that to you...

ISIS in fact is a DIRECT derivative of Al Queda in Iraq following our involvement there. Al Baghdadi was in US custody in Iraq at one time with his top henchmen for BEING Al Queda.
You dont convince me. All I see is a dogwhistle poster that is focussed on muslim atrocities. There is no context,there is no rider, its just a call to hatred.
The hatred is in the terrorism, not the memorial, dumbass :rolleyes:
It’s interesting that you want Islamic terrorism buried just as you tried to deny that the vast majority of the U.K. paedo rape gangs are comprised of Pakistani and Bangladeshi Muslims.
Why are you always trying to cover up Islamist atrocities???
Do you try to cover up Nazi atrocities too?
(Rhetorical - of course).

In fact...I'll also ask this - how is all THIS related to 9/11? You have multiple unrelated events which had differing causes...war and a failed state in Libya, ISIS, 9/11, and the Orlando nightclub bombing. It's a serious of images that have in common one thing - Muslims, with none of the complexities behind each event. USS Cole, that's Al Queda. But the Iranian revolution? They overthrew the government that the US had put in place because it didn't like the government the Iranaians had elected. What does THAT have to do with 9/11?

terror-poster.jpg

It identifies the enemy. The same way our military identifies the enemy. It's a RELATED WAR that that US and other countries INCLUDING ARAB muslim countries have been fighting since 9-11. You should think about it again -- because it DOES answer your issue about how to define Islamic Fundamentalism Terrorism as the "enemy". And how to counter the idiots who THINK this is a broader war..

It is ENTIRELY related. I could have the President of Egypt or Iraq explain that to you...

ISIS in fact is a DIRECT derivative of Al Queda in Iraq following our involvement there. Al Baghdadi was in US custody in Iraq at one time with his top henchmen for BEING Al Queda.
It identifies the enemy. The same way our military identifies the enemy.
Yes. What purpose does that serve on a college campus, with the admonition, Never Forget? Have we got an active draft? Desperate for recruits? But it is not an Uncle Sam poster, is it?

On the wall in the barracks at Parris Island, sure. Let the military CONTINUE to fight the terrorists for their despicable acts. Let the intelligence agencies continue to be up their ass protecting us from more attacks in this country.

terror-poster.jpg

Yes. What purpose does that serve on a college campus, with the admonition, Never Forget? Have we got an active draft? Desperate for recruits? But it is not an Uncle Sam poster, is it?

On the wall in the barracks at Parris Island, sure. Let the military CONTINUE to fight the terrorists for their despicable acts. Let the intelligence agencies continue to be up their ass protecting us from more attacks in this country.

Colleges are not intended to be snowflake safe spaces

terror-poster.jpg

Why shouldn’t college students remember the dead and who murdered them?

terror-poster.jpg

LOL a tad off topic but goes to the mindset.

The India Supreme Court tells the Muslims to get over themselves

Court Dismisses Case Against Actress Whose Wink Went Viral

terror-poster.jpg

LOL a tad off topic but goes to the mindset.

The India Supreme Court tells the Muslims to get over themselves

Ha ha ha. Let’s hope it doesn’t inspire them to go on a rampage!

terror-poster.jpg

Are they supposed to be a space where haters are free to beat up on those who wish to treat people fairly?

terror-poster.jpg

Are they supposed to be a space where haters are free to beat up on those who wish to treat people fairly?
Who are the haters? Who are they beating up?

terror-poster.jpg

Who got beat up? ANIFTA show up?

terror-poster.jpg

What's interesting is that no Muslim students seem to have said a word about this. And as you pointed out, the poster was not removed. So what was the point in the OP, except to generate more derision toward people who don't want to unnecessarily offend others?

I was going to defend the posters until I saw the posters, they are in no way a memorial to 9/11. just more hate, something OUR country is swimming in.

In what way are they not 9/11 memorials?

I suppose they are...in the same way as...anti-Jewish neo-nazi propeganda is a WW2 memorial.

You said that "in no way" is the poster a 9/11 memorial. So again, how is it not a 9/11 memorial?

Let me ask you: Are you suggesting that, contrary to what the poster advises us to do, we forget these terrorist acts?

Is the poster interested in remembering (memorializing) the attacks or in fueling hatred towards a large group of people who had nothing to do with it?

I choose to believe they are interested in remembering the idealogical hatred behind the attacks and that we must strive to put an end to it. Why do you believe otherwise?

You can choose to believe it. It is your right.

There are times when memorials hide agendas. What is the purpose? To gin up hate against Muslims? Or to to inform the public on Islamic terrorism? Why just Islamic terrorism? I think those are good questions to ask don’t you?

How do posters like that help to put an end to ideological hatred?

The difference is important. One is a memorial. The other is the use of a tragedy to promote an agenda.

What agenda might that be, ending terrorism perhaps?

How would it end terrorism? How does it it address the many complex factors around the world driving terrorism? What solutions does it propose or hint at?

Note: I posted a number of posters that clearly did NOT advocate forgetting. Why would you think that I am suggesting we "forget" it?

Because while you have no problem not forgetting, you seem to have a problem with conservatives not forgetting. If you advocate not forgetting, it is a righteous crusade against hate. If a conservative advocates not forgetting, it's Islamaphobia and racism.

What does this have to do with conservatives and liberals?

You are essentially stating that a campaign of hate is itself a “righteous” crusade against hate. Historically, those things usually result in violence against innocent people. Are you ok with that? Or are there better ways of sending out a message...one that sends a united message against Terrorism...or addresses terrorism of all kinds. I remember Oklahoma City. Do you?

George Bush was a conservative. He advocated not forgetting. He wasn’t accused of Islamaphobia. Maybe it has more to do with the message than the messenger.

In the meantime, rightwing media is in a frenzy of news stories claiming Ripon banned YAF’s posters when in fact, they did not.

What's interesting is that no Muslim students seem to have said a word about this. And as you pointed out, the poster was not removed. So what was the point in the OP, except to generate more derision toward people who don't want to unnecessarily offend others?
I imagine the OP posted the story because tards are again trying to shut people down, as do you, when they don’t like the subject or think someone, somewhere might be offended by something.

We don’t know who brought it to the attention of the thought police, AFAIK.

It might have been a Muslim (s), it might have been SJWs who so enjoy getting offended on behalf of others they are busy being patronisingly paternal over.

Why do you even require the basics of why a thread exists explained to you! Lol.

I imagine the OP posted the story because tards are again trying to shut people down, as do you, when they don’t like the subject or think someone, somewhere might be offended by something.

It might have been a Muslim (s), it might have been SJWs who so enjoy getting offended on behalf of others they are busy being patronisingly paternal over.

Why do you even require the basics of why a thread exists explained to you! Lol.
Because why this thread was started is the same as why the poster was hung.
As Coyote pointed out, the college did not remove the poster. The committee that reviews material for bias commented, AS WAS THEIR RIGHT, that it might be offensive to others. You obviously don't want them their exercising THEIR rights, do you?
Same old, same old arm twisting and bawling that people are disagreeing with you.

The Iranian connection is that there are different sect of Islamic Fundies. And the proxies from Hesbolah who are Iranian backed and destroying ENTIRE CITIES in Syria are no different in terms of violence and conquest and terrorism from the Sunni forms of the same disease...

Shame on the US for interfering. We SUCK at Mid-East Foreign Policy. But the rise of the Ayatollahs and their nuclear program and their $Bills in support for proxy wars and proxy terrorism and KILLING OUR TROOPS in Iraq -- is part of the issue.

Take the news from an Arab source.

Iran's 'proxy armies' must stop: US
How does it “clearly” identify “the enemy”? If...by some bizarre turn of events...you woke up from a 50 year coma...and saw it...what would you make of it?

What would college kids make of it? And who would some of them target?

As Coyote pointed out, the college did not remove the poster. The committee that reviews material for bias commented, AS WAS THEIR RIGHT, that it might be offensive to others. You obviously don't want them their exercising THEIR rights, do you?
Same old, same old arm twisting and bawling that people are disagreeing with you.
What on earth are you wittering on about? I accept that people have the right to whine about the poster and to draw imaginary conclusions as to the motivation of those who create them, after all, that’s all the Left is good for.

I also reserve my right to say you are wrong, IMO.

It’s actually you who has a problem with people telling you they disagree with your view, and with people telling you your fantasies about why people choose to remember the murdered are just nasty speculation on your part and nothing more, and that you don’t have the right or ability to tell those people what to do.

It’s been you who’s attempting to lay down the law regarding how other people memorialise the victims, and it’s you who took credit like a 5 year old when you thought the poster had been removed.

You need to get a grip, OL, because you really do seem to be very confused on the whole matter.

Now it seems you are objecting that the thread even exists - on the basis of motivations YOU are ascribing to the OP.
Fascism by prognostication, courtesy of OL :rolleyes:

I pointed out to you that the poster had not been removed OL, when you were gloating like a 5 year old that you’d ‘won’ - as you thought the poster had been removed. Forgotten that already???:poke:

BYW, you mentioned there would be ‘consequences’ for putting up the poster, so I’m still waiting for you to tell me what you’d like those consequences to be.
TIA.

I pointed out to you that the poster had not been removed OL, when you were gloating like a 5 year old that you’d ‘won’ - as you thought the poster had been removed. Forgotten that already???:poke:

BYW, you mentioned there would be ‘consequences’ for putting up the poster, so I’m still waiting for you to tell me what you’d like those consequences to be.
TIA.
Yes, you did, I should have credited you :up:

What on earth are you wittering on about? I accept that people have the right to whine about the poster and to draw imaginary conclusions as to the motivation of those who create them, after all, that’s all the Left is good for.

It’s actually you who has a problem with people telling you they disagree with your view, and with people telling you your fantasies about why people choose to remember the murdered are just nasty speculation on your part and nothing more, and that you don’t have the right or ability to tell those people what to do.

It’s been you who’s attempting to lay down the law regarding how other people memorialise the victims, and it’s you who took credit like a 5 year old when you thought the poster had been removed.

You need to get a grip, OL, because you really do seem to be very confused on the whole matter.

Now it seems you are objecting that the thread even exists - on the basis of motivations YOU are ascribing to the OP.
Once again, this has become your rant against me personally, Tilly. Every thread winds up the same way. I'm sure it bores everyone else who has something relevant to say as it does me.

Once again, this has become your rant against me personally, Tilly. Every thread winds up the same way. I'm sure it bores everyone else who has something relevant to say as it does me.
I’m not ranting, my dear, I’m simply responding to your gems - and to your assertions that you know what people are thinking and therefore they need to be prevented from memorialising the victims of terrorism cos you don’t like it - based upon your powers of telepathy.

You’ve even asserted that the thread and OP are islamophobic because they’ve reported the story and you can read their mind as to why they’ve reported the story :uhoh3:

If you don’t like me addressing your authoritarianism, try being more reasonable.
Other than the fact you’re a fascist, I’m sure you’re great :wink_2: lol.

Forum List

Back