College Football Playoff picture

1. Bama
2. Miami
3. Clemson
4?
Oklahoma
Why? What's their record and who'd they beat? And can they beat bama?

They are 9-1, with a win over Ohio State, and have a QB considered the leading Heisman contender, So I say yes, they could beat Alabama.

I would bet on Alabama in that game. Yes, OU is a top level team. And Mayfield is an excellent QB. But Oklahoma's defends isn't that great. While Alabama has some issues on defense (having lost 4 starters to injury), they are still very good against the pass and at getting to the QB.

Plus, the smashmouth run game not only eats up the clock, it wears the defense down.

I agree with you about Alabama. I think they would beat Oklahoma. But it is hard to predict what will happen. I did not see Auburn crushing Georgia this past weekend, or Miami dominating Notre dame. But as an old SEC guy, I have to stick with the Tide.

That is one of the reasons I love college football. YOu never know.

Wisconsin still has to play Michigan and probably Ohio State. Given their previous schedule, those might be really tough.

Wisconsin still has to play Michigan and probably Ohio State. Given their previous schedule, those might be really tough.
Michigan is not very good this year. I am pretty sure Wisconsin can take care of them. The buckeyes, it depends which team shows up, they are capable of being a very good team but are aslo capable of being a bad team. The bucks this year are inconsistant. Tough to tell what happens there. On defense the buckeyes are most suseptable against the pass. Wisconsin is a running team. I personally would take the bucks in this game, they show up more often than not.

Michigan is not very good this year. I am pretty sure Wisconsin can take care of them. The buckeyes, it depends which team shows up, they are capable of being a very good team but are aslo capable of being a bad team. The bucks this year are inconsistant. Tough to tell what happens there. On defense the buckeyes are most suseptable against the pass. Wisconsin is a running team. I personally would take the bucks in this game, they show up more often than not.

Good luck with that.

We will wait to see how your Buckeyes do in Ann Arbor next weekend.

Good luck with that.

We will wait to see how your Buckeyes do in Ann Arbor next weekend.
If Michigan were a little better in the passing game I would be worried. How ever they are not, and they returned less starters than anybody in the FBS. Buckeyes win this game.

I'm staying with Bama, Clemson (winning over Miami), Wisconsin (winning over Ohio State) and Oklahoma

And here are two programs fallen on hard times that won't even get to a bowl

Darkness in the Sunshine State: Noles, Gators to Duel Amid Alarming Down Years

Florida has been having trouble for a few years (since Tebow & Urban Meyer left).

But FSU is only having trouble because they were thin at QB. They had a top level QB, but he was injured in the first game.

The last 5 years they have gone 59-9. Most teams would love to have that kind of record. And just 4 years ago they won the Natty.

I'm staying with Bama, Clemson (winning over Miami), Wisconsin (winning over Ohio State) and Oklahoma

Florida has been having trouble for a few years (since Tebow & Urban Meyer left).

But FSU is only having trouble because they were thin at QB. They had a top level QB, but he was injured in the first game.

The last 5 years they have gone 59-9. Most teams would love to have that kind of record. And just 4 years ago they won the Natty.

Agree with you about FSU. And the Gators would probably have had a better year if they hadn't had a bunch of players suspended for being involved in some kind of credit card scam. And yeah, they have been pretty lame since Urban Meyer left. Time to rebuild.

Agree with you about FSU. And the Gators would probably have had a better year if they hadn't had a bunch of players suspended for being involved in some kind of credit card scam. And yeah, they have been pretty lame since Urban Meyer left. Time to rebuild.
Could unthinkable happen? Could Bama be left out in the cold with loss to Auburn? Play off picture is still pretty interesting. Some losses will be experienced in top six in last couple of weeks.. Could a two loss team make playoff this year? Riviting couple of weeks cominjg!!!!!!!!!!

What I think is a hoot is that there are only two undefeated teams, Bama and Wisconsin, however, Wisconsin is raked 5th.

Hilarious!

It just goes to show the disrespect to the little 10, more than likely Ohio State will beat them as they probably should so that Clemson can get back in there for another shot.

Could unthinkable happen? Could Bama be left out in the cold with loss to Auburn? Play off picture is still pretty interesting. Some losses will be experienced in top six in last couple of weeks.. Could a two loss team make playoff this year? Riviting couple of weeks cominjg!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how desperate college football is to get Bama out of the NCG, after all, they have lived there for a decade.

Winterborn said this earlier, and it is one reason that keeps people interested in CFB, anything can, and probably will happen.

I don't think there is another sport that folks debate the worthiness of the eventual champion more than CFB.

It's one of the reasons I dislike the playoffs, I loved the arguments that followed EVERY SEASON.

What I think is a hoot is that there are only two undefeated teams, Bama and Wisconsin, however, Wisconsin is raked 5th.

Hilarious!

It just goes to show the disrespect to the little 10, more than likely Ohio State will beat them as they probably should so that Clemson can get back in there for another shot.
More parady this year? I am not sure! I have watched some good teams sleep walk through some games. What the hell causes that I do not know, you would think millions watching would get ya up for a game!! As far as wisconsin goes some of that is the big tens fault they did not balance the divisions very well. You are forgetting Miami as an undefeted.

I don't know how the formula works to pick the four teams, but I do think it is still a crap shoot. I really don't think Alabama will lose, but Ohio State could very well beat Wisconsin and make it in. It is fun to watch.

I don't know how the formula works to pick the four teams, but I do think it is still a crap shoot. I really don't think Alabama will lose, but Ohio State could very well beat Wisconsin and make it in. It is fun to watch.
All I have to say is that I am glad it is so interesting. I am getting fucking sick of talking about sexual harrasment, that seems to be the only other thing people want to discuss these days. Glad to have some thing else to talk about!!!!

If auburn beats Alabama, the only hope Bama has is that auburn wins the SEC Championship. That would mean both GA & AU have 2 losses. They would put Bama in the top 4.

I don't know how desperate college football is to get Bama out of the NCG, after all, they have lived there for a decade.

All it takes is beating us. Ohio State did it. Clemson did it. Hell, Ole Miss did it twice.

But Alabama bring a fan base that spends tons of money.

Forum List

Back