College Football Playoff picture

So what have you guys got to say now that Auburn has beaten the No. 1 team in the country TWICE in a 14 day span?

If Auburn wins out, they’re in, as is Clemson, Oklahoma and Wisky.

But in this season, hell, who knows.

I could not argue with that....but 1-loss team(s) will be sitting. An undefeated could be sitting? But 2-loss AUB goes in? I think AUB is great.......always great when they play ALA.

Any other 2-loss teams get in? WASH? Ohio State? TCU?

If OSU beats Wisconsin, I'd say they have a chance of getting in.

So what have you guys got to say now that Auburn has beaten the No. 1 team in the country TWICE in a 14 day span?

If Auburn beats Georgia, Auburn should play in the championship playoffs

What with all the "if's"?

"If" Alabama lost to Mercer..maybe Mercer should have been considered. See how that works?

If's are part of the game. Who expected Pitt to beat Miami? And we already saw Auburn crush Georgia so maybe we can get rid of that if and say Auburn will be a two loss team playing for the championship. The biggest "if" for me is not knowing how the selection committee makes it's decisions on the four teams.

"If" Alabama lost to Mercer..maybe Mercer should have been considered. See how that works?

"If" is part of looking ahead. Since we don't know who will win, we look at different scenarios.

As for your example, "If" Alabama had lost to Mercer it would depend on Mercer's season whether they would be considered. Pitt knocked off the #2 team in the country, but are not being considered. Because they have 4 losses. But keep trying.

"If" is part of looking ahead. Since we don't know who will win, we look at different scenarios.

As for your example, "If" Alabama had lost to Mercer it would depend on Mercer's season whether they would be considered. Pitt knocked off the #2 team in the country, but are not being considered. Because they have 4 losses. But keep trying.

Obviously the number 1 and number 2 teams in last week polls weren't as good as some people thought they were as Miami was beaten by a nobody and Alabama was smacked down by Auburn...Wait they all in the Southern part of the country so I guess they were...kind of good.

Obviously the number 1 and number 2 teams in last week polls weren't as good as some people thought they were as Miami was beaten by a nobody and Alabama was smacked down by Auburn...Wait they all in the Southern part of the country so I guess they were...kind of good.

Oh, so the fact that both were in the southern part of the US means something? LMAO! That is hilarious.

Of course, that would never happen anywhere else in the country, huh? Like Ohio State getting spanked by an unranked Iowa?

The reason I would put auburn in is because they beat the number one team in the nation twice within three weeks. Anyone else come close to accomplishing that?

I would suspect Alabama fans would after beating a power house in Mercer.

Unlike other teams, we start the season with a major team. But you keep talking about Mercer. No worries. I'll take Bama's record (this year or over the last 5 or 6 years) over pretty much anyone else's. When you beat people like we have, and win titles like we have, you bring out the haters in droves.

How well a team has done in the past is no guarantee that the team will be that good or bad for the next game. Otherwise there would be no need to play the game.

Also, if a pair football teams were able to play each other multiple times like in baseball or basketball, there would probably be some series in which the two teams split wins and losses.....just like in baseball and basketball.

Oh, so the fact that both were in the southern part of the US means something? LMAO! That is hilarious.

Of course, that would never happen anywhere else in the country, huh? Like Ohio State getting spanked by an unranked Iowa?

No its not...you and I know most of the sports writers and those in power over who is in and who is out favors the SEC and ACC. Fact of life. For example west coast teams (and I don't necessarily favor them one way or the other) play when most of the east coast is fast asleep. Fact of life.

The reason I would put auburn in is because they beat the number one team in the nation twice within three weeks. Anyone else come close to accomplishing that?

Unlike other teams, we start the season with a major team. But you keep talking about Mercer. No worries. I'll take Bama's record (this year or over the last 5 or 6 years) over pretty much anyone else's. When you beat people like we have, and win titles like we have, you bring out the haters in droves.

You keep talking about Alabama first game of the season against Florida State who happens to be unranked and 5-6 for the season, hardly major...

Yes you hit right on the head...I dislike the Alabama program with a passion and will continue until they play that 'big' game with a home and home schedule against someone beside Mercer or Chattanooga.

How well a team has done in the past is no guarantee that the team will be that good or bad for the next game. Otherwise there would be no need to play the game.

Also, if a pair football teams were able to play each other multiple times like in baseball or basketball, there would probably be some series in which the two teams split wins and losses.....just like in baseball and basketball.

No its not. Football can not be compared to baseball or a basketball schedule.

No its not. Football can not be compared to baseball or a basketball schedule.
It can be compared.....I know because I did it.

Last edited:

No its not...you and I know most of the sports writers and those in power over who is in and who is out favors the SEC and ACC. Fact of life. For example west coast teams (and I don't necessarily favor them one way or the other) play when most of the east coast is fast asleep. Fact of life.

Well, there is that, but when west coast teams play teams from the east, they usually get spanked very badly!

The last time west coast team won the national championship, it was stripped of the title in 2004.

Excluding that,it was 1972!

If they favor the SEC it is because of their dominance in the last 20 years. They beat almost every one they played in the BCS championships. Often by considerable margins.

I can't help that the west coast teams play that late. They still get considerable love from writers and the powers. USC keeps getting ranked high, just because they are USC. And the PAC-12 had a team in the playoffs last year, when the Big12 did not.

You keep talking about Alabama first game of the season against Florida State who happens to be unranked and 5-6 for the season, hardly major...

Yes you hit right on the head...I dislike the Alabama program with a passion and will continue until they play that 'big' game with a home and home schedule against someone beside Mercer or Chattanooga.

When we played FSU, their QB was a top level player. The fact that he got hurt is what killed their season. He threw for something like 3,300 yards last year, and they were highly ranked.

And Bama didn't just do that this year. We try to schedule a power school to open the season every year.

Since Saban arrived, we have opened the season with Clemson, VATech, Michigan, USC, Wisconsin, and WVA.

Yeah, we schedule some cupcakes. But those can be dangerous as well.

But please tell me what team you favor so much, and that doesn't schedule cupcakes?

Well, there is that, but when west coast teams play teams from the east, they usually get spanked very badly!

The last time west coast team won the national championship, it was stripped of the title in 2004.

Excluding that,it was 1972!

Yep, look what happened to USC and Washington when they played Alabama last year. Both got beaten.

Many 1-loss (or unbeaten) teams could get shut out while 2-loss AUB and 1-loss ALA go on? So all other DIV-1 schools are "kinda eligible" (but not really) depending how some drunken sportswriter stacks up his ratings? Which booster brings the most hookers and whiskey?

Why not make bowl eligible teams list only? The rest don't need to play games. Just wait for your Peach bowl vs. a 6 loss KSU and shut up now. After all WISC beat NorthWestern! They should be automatic. CBS wants ALA, the regular season really does not mean anything. Carry on TCU UCF MEM etc.

Forum List

Back