Cold Winter Night Recipes

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Been finding some really good stuff on Pinterest so I thought it might make a good thread so we can post recipes to share. Nothing feels or smells better on a cold winter day than to keep the house warm with the stove on..or the crockpot...or the oven, right?

With that said, share recipes!

Gonna make this one tomorrow night (but in the crock pot) :

3a159dc63e9d98e5582def20b0d10e04.jpg

YIELD: 4-6 SERVINGS
20-MINUTE CHEESY CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
This delicious chicken enchilada soup is thick, cheesy, and ready to go (once your ingredients are prepped!) in just 20 minutes!

PREP: 5 MIN COOK: 15 MIN TOTAL: 20 MIN
INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 cup diced white onion (about 1 small white onion)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup masa harina (corn flour)
  • 3 cups chicken stock
  • 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
  • 1 1/4 cups (or 1 10-ounce can) red enchilada sauce, homemade or store-bought*
  • 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juices (I prefer fire-roasted)
  • 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
  • 1 teaspoon salt, or more/less to taste
  • optional toppings: tortilla chips/strips, diced/sliced avocado, grated cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, and/or pico de gallo
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Heat the oil in a large stock over medium-high heat. (To save time, peel and dice the onion for the minute or so that the oil heats.) Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, or until cooked and translucent. Add the garilc and saute for an additional minute until fragrant. Stir in the masa harina and cook for an additional minute.
  2. Pour in half of the chicken stock, and stir until completely combined. Add in the remainder of the chicken stock, and stir to combine. Immediately add in the chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans, tomatoes, green chiles, salt and cumin, and stir until combined. Continue stirring occasionally until the mixture reaches a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the soup does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Then stir in the cheese, one handful at a time, until combined. Taste, and season the soup to taste with salt.
  3. Serve the soup warm with desired toppings.

Last edited:
For another night. Soon.

melt-in-your-mouth-chicken-breast_6418.jpg

Ingredients Serves 4

4 boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup mayonnaise
1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
1 1⁄2 tsp seasoning salt
1⁄2 tsp black pepper ground
1 tsp garlic powder
Directions
  • Prep 10 min
  • Cook 45 min
  • Ready 55 min
  1. Mix mayonnaise, cheese and seasonings.
  2. Spread mixture over chicken breast and place in baking dish.
  3. Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.

Aye carumba I'm doing my yearly fall painting and I have all our fave recipes that we've tried and true on in boxes that I don't have a clue where they are but I know what I do.

When I get the second room painted I'll give the recipes and the ingredients.

Now to my favorite fall dinners. Borscht. Perogies. I do old style potato but my favorite forever saurekraut.

Forum List

Back