Coal Miners Union Urges Manchin To Reconsider Opposition To Bidens Bill

What a stupid lie.. Incredibly stupid.. Trump didn't save a single coal mining job.

Over 11,000 Coal Miners Lost Their Jobs In The Last Year ...
Apr 01, 2016 · Bureau of Labor Statistics reports there were around 56,700 coal miners employed across the U.S. as of March 2016, which is down about 11,200 jobs from March 2015 when some
What does 2016 have to do with Trump and coal mining jobs?

Last edited:
You want magic.

R.3ce259b386de81d8a00c3f1cc86c9e25

I want coal.

The coal mining union means the top echelon that stands to get even richer. I'd be interested to hear a vote from the rank and file.

I'm pretty sure they don't want him to reconsider.
They are the sick ones. So, flush your entire post, rewrite it to make sense.

Wow....a Union pushing the Dimwinger agenda.

Whodathunkit?
Big unions are in the back pocket of democrat politicians.

It would be interesting to see what the rank and file thinks and I say this as a former union official
in another big Teamster government affiliated union that was frequently at odds with the union mainstream.

Of course the true believers were always there to tramp down the average worker.

The United Mine Workers of America (UMWA), which represents West Virginia coal miners, urged Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) on Monday to revisit his opposition to President Biden's Build Back Better plan.

The labor union noted that the bill includes an extension of a fund that provides benefits to coal miners suffering from black lung disease, which expires at the end of the year. The UMWA also touted tax incentives that encourage manufacturers to build facilities in coalfields that would employ thousands of miners who lost their jobs.

“For those and other reasons, we are disappointed that the bill will not pass,” Cecil Roberts, the union’s president, said in a statement. “We urge Senator Manchin to revisit his opposition to this legislation and work with his colleagues to pass something that will help keep coal miners working, and have a meaningful impact on our members, their families, and their communities.”

This isn't over yet.
Oh but its stalled

BIG SHIPS BURN BIG COAL​

renderTimingPixel.png

THATS CALLED NUT COAL, BIG SHIPS BURN BIG COAL. THATS THE SIZE YOU BURN IN A KITCHEN COAL STOVE. I BURN BIGGER COAL THEN THAT IN OUR PARLOR STOVE. OF COURSE THEY MIGHT HAVE HAD BIG LUMPS AND CRACKED THEM INTO 4 PIECES FOR PROFIT . THE BIG SHIPS AND FOUNDRYS BURN EGG COAL. COAL IS SOLD BY THE SIZE RICE, BUCK, PEA, NUT, STOVE, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST EGG. I LIVE RIGHT IN THE HEART OF THE COAL REGION AND ALWAYS HAVE. IF I WASNT SO TIRED I WOULD GO TAKE PICTURES OF BUCK (I BURN THAT IN A STOKER) AND SOME STOVE COAL (I BURN IN THE PARLOR STOVE)

;)

The rank and file should hold out, go on strike until they get double their wage. That would be fair.

Amen! And also...

For 35 million families with 65 million kids that have relied on monthly child tax credit payments, the new year might not be a happy one.

Without the passage of President Joe Biden's $1.75 trillion economic plan, Build Back Better, the monthly payments will expire, and the child tax credit will revert to its much smaller pre-pandemic form. The enhanced payment due families on Dec. 15 may be the last.

Monthly child tax credit payments set to expire at the end of the year

Since when is the governments responsibility

Fuck the coal miners and their black lung disease! Our billionaires need their tax cuts!

The labor union noted that the bill includes an extension of a fund that provides benefits to coal miners suffering from black lung disease, which expires at the end of the year. The UMWA also touted tax incentives that encourage manufacturers to build facilities in coalfields that would employ thousands of miners who lost their jobs.
Is there a particular reason Manchin can't introduce legislation specifically for that purpose?

Forum List

Back