CNN reporter asks Biden if Navalny's blood is 'on the hands of House Republicans' for blocking Ukraine aid

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is what the world has to handle. Is the CNN pension heavily weighted in defense stocks or something? This is offensive. Even Biden had the sense to reject her characterization.

THIS is CNN.

A reporter for CNN suggested that House Republicans have blood on their hands following the death of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny, a notion that even President Biden didn't agree with.

While taking questions from reporters on Monday, Biden was confronted by CNN correspondent MJ Lee, who insinuated that GOP lawmakers bear responsibility for Navalny's death for not greenlighting more aid to Ukraine.

"Mr. President, would you go so far as to say that Alexei Navalny’s blood is on the hands of House Republicans right now?" Lee asked.

"I wouldn’t use that term," Biden said. "They're making a big mistake not responding."

"Look, the way they’re walking away from the threat of Russia, the way they’re walking away from NATO, the way they’re walking away from meeting our obligations — it’s just stunning. I mean, for awhile — I’ve never seen anything like this," Biden added.

Lee then asked whether he believed Navalny's death will "nudge" Republicans towards passing Ukraine aid, to which Biden expressed hope as well as doubt that anything would change.

Republicans are not responsible for Navalny, that is Putin

Republicans ARE responsible for abandoning Ukraine

This is what the world has to handle. Is the CNN pension heavily weighted in defense stocks or something? This is offensive. Even Biden had the sense to reject her characterization.

THIS is CNN.

A reporter for CNN suggested that House Republicans have blood on their hands following the death of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny, a notion that even President Biden didn't agree with.

While taking questions from reporters on Monday, Biden was confronted by CNN correspondent MJ Lee, who insinuated that GOP lawmakers bear responsibility for Navalny's death for not greenlighting more aid to Ukraine.

"Mr. President, would you go so far as to say that Alexei Navalny’s blood is on the hands of House Republicans right now?" Lee asked.

"I wouldn’t use that term," Biden said. "They're making a big mistake not responding."

"Look, the way they’re walking away from the threat of Russia, the way they’re walking away from NATO, the way they’re walking away from meeting our obligations — it’s just stunning. I mean, for awhile — I’ve never seen anything like this," Biden added.

Lee then asked whether he believed Navalny's death will "nudge" Republicans towards passing Ukraine aid, to which Biden expressed hope as well as doubt that anything would change.
Good answer by the Prez.

THIS is CNN.

This is what passes for "journalism" in 2024. Sad, sad, sad.

THIS is CNN.

Biden made Ukraine turn down 2 Peace deals.

Forum List

Back