cnn report says, U.S. general messing up since vietnam according to a...

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
privately owned military journal..

Same mistakes being made in iraq, that were made in vietnam, and that general have not trained them for the unconventional combat.

I forgot the name of the journal, but it was a general who is NOT retired, and who has served 2 tours in iraq. I saw it this morning on cnn.

I don't think that a general wrote that article but an active duty lieutenant colonel.

here is the actual article, cnn reported on. I have no bias here other then the truth.

here it is.

http://www.afji.com/2007/05/2635198

A failure in generalship
By Lt. Col. Paul Yingling
"You officers amuse yourselves with God knows what buffooneries and never dream in the least of serious service. This is a source of stupidity which would become most dangerous in case of a serious conflict."
- Frederick the Great

For the second time in a generation, the United States faces the prospect of defeat at the hands of an insurgency. In April 1975, the U.S. fled the Republic of Vietnam, abandoning our allies to their fate at the hands of North Vietnamese communists. In 2007, Iraq's grave and deteriorating condition offers diminishing hope for an American victory and portends risk of an even wider and more destructive regional war.

These debacles are not attributable to individual failures, but rather to a crisis in an entire institution: America's general officer corps. America's generals have failed to prepare our armed forces for war and advise civilian authorities on the application of force to achieve the aims of policy. The argument that follows consists of three elements. First, generals have a responsibility to society to provide policymakers with a correct estimate of strategic probabilities. Second, America's generals in Vietnam and Iraq failed to perform this responsibility. Third, remedying the crisis in American generalship requires the intervention of Congress.

here is the actual article, cnn reported on. I have no bias here other then the truth.

here it is.

http://www.afji.com/2007/05/2635198

A failure in generalship
By Lt. Col. Paul Yingling
"You officers amuse yourselves with God knows what buffooneries and never dream in the least of serious service. This is a source of stupidity which would become most dangerous in case of a serious conflict."
- Frederick the Great

For the second time in a generation, the United States faces the prospect of defeat at the hands of an insurgency. In April 1975, the U.S. fled the Republic of Vietnam, abandoning our allies to their fate at the hands of North Vietnamese communists. In 2007, Iraq's grave and deteriorating condition offers diminishing hope for an American victory and portends risk of an even wider and more destructive regional war.

These debacles are not attributable to individual failures, but rather to a crisis in an entire institution: America's general officer corps. America's generals have failed to prepare our armed forces for war and advise civilian authorities on the application of force to achieve the aims of policy. The argument that follows consists of three elements. First, generals have a responsibility to society to provide policymakers with a correct estimate of strategic probabilities. Second, America's generals in Vietnam and Iraq failed to perform this responsibility. Third, remedying the crisis in American generalship requires the intervention of Congress.

Martin,

I fixed your article for you this time. In the future, please observe the copyright laws. Post the first one or two paragraphs of the article followed by the link, and ensure you give credit to the author/releasing agency.

Appreciate it.

Gunny

Forum List

Back