CM PUNK returns to AEW

Just watched classic from when I was young and a regular fan at the live matches. Murdoch vs. Cyclone Negro two heels in a taped fist match. Here in Florida ''pro rassling '' is governed by the same government board that covers boxing, MMA and other combat sports. Its referred to as exhibition sport.

Just watched classic from when I was young and a regular fan at the live matches. Murdoch vs. Cyclone Negro two heels in a taped fist match. Here in Florida ''pro rassling '' is governed by the same government board that covers boxing, MMA and other combat sports. Its referred to as exhibition sport.
It's not a sport at all.

It's not a sport at all.
There was a move in our state years ago to move it to the regulatory board that covers traveling carnivals, circuses, and fairs but it is now covered by those who regulate combat sports. Those promoters of ''pro rasslin'' have pull.

There's no Pro Wrestling Board on this page.. so I guess this is where this thread goes.

Anyone else see CM Punk's epic return to the ring after 7 years gone?
I didn’t know him before. He’s okay now. Sort of the same Schtick week after week but he’s okay.

There is so much great talent in AEW. Way better than WWE. I like both but AEW is better.

Im sick of ray mysterio and his son every week.

My favorite is MJF. I haven’t enjoyed listening to a wrestler talk since the rock left. He was the best at talking shit. MJF is now.

I also love Brit Baker. DMD

It was the perfect storm. AEW was in Chicago for their All Out PPV in September. They signed Punk secretly, and while they had previously only booked 5,000-10,000 seat arenas, they booked a much larger arena, the United Center, on August 20th, and drew 15,000 people to set an AEW record. They heavily hinted that Punk would be delivered. They didn't overthink it. The fans showed up, they chanted his name, and the show began with Punk arriving.

This is a game changer for pro wrestling.
Why? Did it really bring in fans who weren’t already watching? So Punk fans weren’t watching AEW until he showed up?

And do people love him that much? I wasn watching when him and John Cana were good but I’ve heard Cana talk shit and I get him. But punk is kind of dry. Why do people love him so much?

Pro-wrestling, boxing and MMA fighting are under the umbrella of "sports" and there is a Sports Board. In the case of pro-wrestling though, its just fake entertainment, hence the reason the "face" (good guy) wins most of the time and the bad guy/rulebreaker loses most of the time.
In a case that went to court many years ago, the truth came out about how it was all staged.
No shit? Do you think any of us think it’s real?

There was a move in our state years ago to move it to the regulatory board that covers traveling carnivals, circuses, and fairs but it is now covered by those who regulate combat sports. Those promoters of ''pro rasslin'' have pull.
Like Scientology. Is it really a religion? Or should it be moved to a different board?

Probably because they get hurt just like pro athletes. They are pro athletes. But what they are doing is technically not playing a sport.

Why? Did it really bring in fans who weren’t already watching? So Punk fans weren’t watching AEW until he showed up?

And do people love him that much? I wasn watching when him and John Cana were good but I’ve heard Cana talk shit and I get him. But punk is kind of dry. Why do people love him so much?
The “pipe bomb” speech was epic.

I have since changed my mind about CM Punk. He's great. And yes, fans of his who weren't watching AEW started when they heard he joined. I didn't know how good he was. Why he was so popular. Now I know. Good on the mic.

John Morrison is now Johnnie Elite on AEW.

A lot of WWE stars have joined AEW.

The “pipe bomb” speech was epic.
My friends keep arguing the WWE is still better. I remind them of all the meaningless boring story lines. They need to do a better job setting up the fight. Charlotte and Ronda do a good job hyping up their fights. And I love good talkers. CM Punk is good at going at it with even the best, MJF.

I love both leagues and glad there are both. Hope they both stick around.

I feel AEW is somewhat of a parody of WWE.

an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.

1652973610516.png

And I love it. Plus they have the best bad guy MJF.

Forum List

Back