Clowns WTF?

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
Does anyone actually like clowns? I think they appear evil and there's just something wrong about them.

So I've commented several times about my phobia of clowns, I can handle a picture of clowns, but physical clowns are not good, of course I've always avoided any situation where I might happen upon a clown.

I've had this phobia since I was about 4 years-old.

I've met other people who hate clowns, does anyone actually like clowns?

Does anyone actually like clowns? I think they appear evil and there's just something wrong about them.

So I've commented several times about my phobia of clowns, I can handle a picture of clowns, but physical clowns are not good, of course I've always avoided any situation where I might happen upon a clown.

I don't like clowns either. In fact, I never liked the circus, my family found it funny that I never wanted to go.

Look harmless to me

download.jpg

I don't like clowns either. In fact, I never liked the circus, my family found it funny that I never wanted to go.

download.jpg

• Banned

I was reading a while ago, that dislike of clowns is very common, this means the people who like clowns are in the minority.

I'm indifferent. I get that they're supposed to be funny, and I guess at times they can be, but rarely. I don't really care. :dunno:

Look harmless to me

View attachment 74107

Is this your mission, to find the scariest clown picture? You need to up your game :smoke:

I'm indifferent. I get that they're supposed to be funny, and I guess at times they can be, but rarely. I don't really care. :dunno:

Maybe my actual phobia of them means my approach to this is different....this is my only phobia.

I don't know if I have any "phobias".

I dislike large crowds, and get very uncomfortable if the mobility of my arms or legs is impeded. Can't sleep in a bed with the sheets tucked in.

Maybe I'm claustrophobic.

Maybe my actual phobia of them means my approach to this is different....this is my only phobia.

To me when somebody tries to be funny, they either succeed and it's enjoyable, or they fail and it's just annoying, if not pathetic. But I can't imagine it being scary.

I've heard of this phobia though -- I dunno, perhaps your earliest exposure came as image-only without context, and you saw it as a scary monster?

Never had a problem with clowns, enjoy some of their routines.

Liked Emmett Kelly the best, tho I never saw him in person.

I was reading a while ago, that dislike of clowns is very common, this means the people who like clowns are in the minority.

This reminds of something

Bozo the Clown Rumor

One of the prevailing urban myths among '60s Southern California youth was that, on one televised Bozo show, things got out of hand. A child playing Bozo Buckets reputedly accompanied a missed shot with a choice swear word. To which Bozo replied, "That's a BozoNo-no." To which the child then reportedly responded, "Aw, cram it, Clownie!"

That John Wayne Gacy chose to dress-up as a clown and also paint pictures of clowns, this reinforces my belief that there's something sinister about clowns as a whole.

I don't know if I have any "phobias".

I dislike large crowds, and get very uncomfortable if the mobility of my arms or legs is impeded. Can't sleep in a bed with the sheets tucked in.

Maybe I'm claustrophobic.

I've got strong acrophobia, but I remember the event that probably gave it to me.

Doesn't affect me on a plane or in a high building but I can't go more than a couple of rungs up a ladder.

Forum List

Back