Clown Show At Academy Awards

I doubt that you know them well enough, to have a very informed opinion.

As for what type of "music", shall we say >
None of which impresses me one iota.

Then don't listen to it. No problem.

But plenty of people do enjoy it. Your taste in music is not the sole determination of what is music.

Meanwhile everyone from Elvis to Eminem copy what black people are doing. Or Chuck Berry.

Look at us silly honkeys when we were trying to break dance. We try to wear ghetto clothes and try to talk street. Black people should see we soooo want to be cool like they are.
You're talking about the imbecile young generation of today. Guess what. They don't HAVE any music. American music was back in the 60's and 70's with Bob Dylan, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, James Taylor, Neil Young, C, S, & N, Fleetwood Mack, Led Zepplin, the Doors, the Eagles, America, all the Bluegrass bands, etc.They didn't copy Blacks, they didn't do silly dancing (except Mick Jagger maybe).

I can't think of anything more pathetic than White people lowering themselves to imitate the trash culture of Blacks. Music, clothes, talk, or whatever. What's the matter with White kids today ? Have you no brains ? You ought to be imitating the classic rock people I just mentioned.

PS - Chuck Berry and Jimi Hendrix were imitators of White music.

I thought you said you knew those musicians? Several of the ones you named have said that they were heavily influenced by R&B music of the time. I guess playing a solid body electric and an acoustic guitar didn't teach you much about where the music came from, did it?

When Chuck Berry (whom I admire immensely) first started out, he played to all-Black audiences, who thought of him as a bit of a clown, because of his White style music (Rockabilly). Eventually, they accepted him, because White or not, his songs and guitar playing were impressive. Later he became a big star.

What about Little Richard? Was he playing "white music" too? Because both the Beatles and the Rolling Stones have stated he was a huge influence on their music.

John Legend, just by way of educating you, is not a rap artist.

And John Lennon would applaud both Legend's music and his political statements. I doubt the rest of the musicians you listed would have anything bad to say about him.

But plenty of people do enjoy it. Your taste in music is not the sole determination of what is music.

Meanwhile everyone from Elvis to Eminem copy what black people are doing. Or Chuck Berry.

Look at us silly honkeys when we were trying to break dance. We try to wear ghetto clothes and try to talk street. Black people should see we soooo want to be cool like they are.
You're talking about the imbecile young generation of today. Guess what. They don't HAVE any music. American music was back in the 60's and 70's with Bob Dylan, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, James Taylor, Neil Young, C, S, & N, Fleetwood Mack, Led Zepplin, the Doors, the Eagles, America, all the Bluegrass bands, etc.They didn't copy Blacks, they didn't do silly dancing (except Mick Jagger maybe).

I can't think of anything more pathetic than White people lowering themselves to imitate the trash culture of Blacks. Music, clothes, talk, or whatever. What's the matter with White kids today ? Have you no brains ? You ought to be imitating the classic rock people I just mentioned.

R&B is a genre of popular African-American music that originated in the 1940s

Without R&B none of the people above exist. Or they would be singing like the Everly Brothers

Would you like me to teach you how to play a Rock or Bluegrass guitar ? I could also teach you the mandolin, acoustic folk guitar, fiddle and harmonica. But first it's necessary to establish the ranks. You're the student. I'm the teacher.

John Legend not only makes a complete fool of himself by pretending that the experiences of the older Black generation at Selma, Alabama (1965) are still with us today, but he also pretends to be a musical talent of some sort.

EARTH To LEGEND and ALL OTHER RAP "ARTISTS" - Nothing in the RAP genre (if it can even be called that) has any worth musically. It is all a silly joke. The really notable thing about this TOPIC, is that lost causes like John Legend, have to run to the grievance bar in order to keep themselves in competition with everyone else.

They know full well that without their Affirmative Action Black privilege, they're just another been nowhere, done nothing, know nothing idiot, and being a rapper is all the more proof. What a disgrace. And how anyone with the kind of trash that he produces can call it "music" ,,and go accept an award for it is beyond incredible. John Lennon must be turning in his grave. Real musical talents like Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, etc just laugh at this clown show.

And John Lennon would applaud both Legend's music and his political statements. I doubt the rest of the musicians you listed would have anything bad to say about him.

R&B contributed to the development of rock and roll. These are facts dummy.

The migration of African Americans to the urban industrial centers of Chicago, Detroit, New York, Los Angelesand elsewhere in the 1920s and 1930s created a new market for jazz, blues, and related genres of music, often performed by full-time musicians, either working alone or in small groups. The precursors of rhythm and blues came from jazz and blues, which overlapped in the Late-1920s,1930s through the work of musicians such as theHarlem Hamfats, with their 1936 hit "Oh Red", as well as Lonnie Johnson, Leroy Carr, Cab Calloway, Count Basie, and T-Bone Walker.

Listen shit head. I remember how lame white music was before the black influence. The 50's and the 40's and before that. Pathetic lame white people. Think Lawrence Welk. That's all I need to say.

Without R&B none of the people above exist. Or they would be singing like the Everly Brothers

Would you like me to teach you how to play a Rock or Bluegrass guitar ? I could also teach you the mandolin, acoustic folk guitar, fiddle and harmonica. But first it's necessary to establish the ranks. You're the student. I'm the teacher.

Get on track, would you please ?

Sure, now that you were influenced by some white artists who were first influenced by black artists.

Actually I play the guitar and sing. I ran a music school for 3 years.

And I'm sure you play very white with no soul.

I thought you said you knew those musicians? Several of the ones you named have said that they were heavily influenced by R&B music of the time. I guess playing a solid body electric and an acoustic guitar didn't teach you much about where the music came from, did it?

When Chuck Berry (whom I admire immensely) first started out, he played to all-Black audiences, who thought of him as a bit of a clown, because of his White style music (Rockabilly). Eventually, they accepted him, because White or not, his songs and guitar playing were impressive. Later he became a big star.

What about Little Richard? Was he playing "white music" too? Because both the Beatles and the Rolling Stones have stated he was a huge influence on their music.
A lot of what they said was just trying to be friendly with everyone, including Blacks. I'm not downing classic Black musicians. I respect them a lot. I play 150 Bluegrass songs, the style of which, is slightly influenced by southern black gospel formats (es. call & response) But the stuff passing for "music" today. HA HA. I just laugh at it.

Just so that the issue is clear. Some old white geezer doesn't like Black People, the Civil Rights movement and is trying to deny the historical influence of Black people on virtually every genre of music played in the U.S.????

A lot of what they said was just trying to be friendly with everyone, including Blacks. I'm not downing classic Black musicians. I respect them a lot. I play 150 Bluegrass songs, the style of which, is slightly influenced by southern black gospel formats (es. call & response) But the stuff passing for "music" today. HA HA. I just laugh at it.

Feel free to laugh. I am betting the artists who created it would not mind you laughing. In fact, they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Just so that the issue is clear. Some old white geezer doesn't like Black People, the Civil Rights movement and is trying to deny the historical influence of Black people on virtually every genre of music played in the U.S.????

Yep, that is about it.

John Legend not only makes a complete fool of himself by pretending that the experiences of the older Black generation at Selma, Alabama (1965) are still with us today, but he also pretends to be a musical talent of some sort.

EARTH To LEGEND and ALL OTHER RAP "ARTISTS" - Nothing in the RAP genre (if it can even be called that) has any worth musically. It is all a silly joke. The really notable thing about this TOPIC, is that lost causes like John Legend, have to run to the grievance bar in order to keep themselves in competition with everyone else.

They know full well that without their Affirmative Action Black privilege, they're just another been nowhere, done nothing, know nothing idiot, and being a rapper is all the more proof. What a disgrace. And how anyone with the kind of trash that he produces can call it "music" ,,and go accept an award for it is beyond incredible. John Lennon must be turning in his grave. Real musical talents like Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, etc just laugh at this clown show.

John Lennon was a musically talented political illiterate.

Lennon was not politically illiterate. I don't agree with his politics, but he was certainly knowledgeable about it.
When Lennon was cutting records back in the 60s, like him, I was a far-left radical. Now, I'm more of a conservative, and I think if John was alive today, he would be too. And not all those 60s guys were so liberal. When the Rolling Stones appear live they have to change the words of Brown Sugar (as I do too when I play it), because of the racist level of it. Mick Jagger said if he wrote the song now , he would never have wrote it as he did. (very offensive to Blacks)

If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 60 You Have No Brain

"There are more black men incarcerated then there were enslaved in 1850."

clap

:)

No, what he said was that there are more black men under the control of corrections than were slaves in 1850.
His point was that Blacks are unfairly being incarcerated. I know what he said. I know exactly what he said. He's wrong.

There's nothing unfair about it at all. They're incarcerated because they committed crimes. Stop committing so many crimes, and they'll be less Blacks in prison.

John Lennon was a musically talented political illiterate.

Lennon was not politically illiterate. I don't agree with his politics, but he was certainly knowledgeable about it.
When Lennon was cutting records back in the 60s, like him, I was a far-left radical. Now, I'm more of a conservative, and I think if John was alive today, he would be too. And not all those 60s guys were so liberal. When the Rolling Stones appear live they have to change the words of Brown Sugar (as I do too when I play it), because of the racist level of it. Mick Jagger said if he wrote the song now , he would never have wrote it as he did. (very offensive to Blacks)

If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 60 You Have No Brain
I would tend to agree with that.

clap

No, what he said was that there are more black men under the control of corrections than were slaves in 1850.
His point was that Blacks are unfairly being incarcerated. I know what he said. I know exactly what he said. He's wrong.

There's nothing unfair about it at all. They're incarcerated because they committed crimes. Stop committing so many crimes, and they'll be less Blacks in prison.

I didn't say anything about fairness. I simply corrected what Americano stated.

But then, you claimed that what the artists in question produced was not music and that they only were able to make their music because of affirmative action. Neither of those two things is factual.

Yep, that is about it.
No that's NOT about it. I have nothing against the civil rights movement. I do have something against the racism of Affirmative Action, and the way Legend ignores that, and tries to paint 2015 as still being in the Jim Crow era, after millions of White families have been harmed by Affirmative action, for 51 years, while it has been served to JL on a silver platter.

clap

I didn't say anything about fairness. I simply corrected what Americano stated.

But then, you claimed that what the artists in question produced was not music and that they only were able to make their music because of affirmative action. Neither of those two things is factual.
I might have been mistaken. Did I call their stuff "music" ? :laugh:

Yep, that is about it.
No that's NOT about it. I have nothing against the civil rights movement. I do have something against the racism of Affirmative Action, and the way Legend ignores that, and tries to paint 2015 as still being in the Jim Crow era, after millions of White families have been harmed by Affirmative action, for 51 years, while it has been served to JL on a silver platter.
Sure...sure...have that cup of warm milk now...sshhh...

Yep, that is about it.

And yet, your OP had only one sentence about what Legend said as he accepted his award, and far more about music.

From the OP that you claim is strictly about his statement that Selma is Now, here is what you posted that was not about that but about his music:

"…but he also pretends to be a musical talent of some sort.

They know full well that without their Affirmative Action Black privilege, they're just another been nowhere, done nothing, know nothing idiot, and being a rapper is all the more proof. What a disgrace. And how anyone with the kind of trash that he produces can call it "music" ,,and go accept an award for it is beyond incredible. John Lennon must be turning in his grave. Real musical talents like Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, etc just laugh at this clown show."

Out of the 188 words in the OP, 159 of them were about his music. You posted 29 words about his statement while receiving his award, and 159 about his music. Get back on track, please.

Forum List

Back