Clown Show At Academy Awards

I didn't see it. Did he demand that the winners give their awards to black people like they do at the Grammys?
I don't know about that, but he yammered on some kind of sob story about how tough Blacks have it, when it is hundreds of millions of Whites who have been discriminated against by Affirmative Action in America, over the past 51 years, and whose lives have been ruined or reduced drastically, because of it.

And it is people of his Black race who have been the primary beneficiaries of all this massive racism and Black privilege. NO! Selma is NOT NOW. Voting rights are perfectly intact, and are not in any danger for people who are American citizens, and have the right to vote. It's only non citizens who are being weeded out, as they should be.
As for the number of Blacks in prisons, it's simple. Don't do the crime, and you won't do the time. To try to use being Black (where you're getting all kinds of special privileges and preferences, at the expense of other races), as an excuse, is absolutely ASSININE.
geez.gif
So if you could, you would trade places with a black person so you could have all of those "special privileges and preferences"?

Thank you.

I didn't see it. Did he demand that the winners give their awards to black people like they do at the Grammys?
I don't know about that, but he yammered on some kind of sob story about how tough Blacks have it, when it is hundreds of millions of Whites who have been discriminated against by Affirmative Action in America, over the past 51 years, and whose lives have been ruined or reduced drastically, because of it.

And it is people of his Black race who have been the primary beneficiaries of all this massive racism and Black privilege. NO! Selma is NOT NOW. Voting rights are perfectly intact, and are not in any danger for people who are American citizens, and have the right to vote. It's only non citizens who are being weeded out, as they should be.
As for the number of Blacks in prisons, it's simple. Don't do the crime, and you won't do the time. To try to use being Black (where you're getting all kinds of special privileges and preferences, at the expense of other races), as an excuse, is absolutely ASSININE.
geez.gif
So if you could, you would trade places with a black person so you could have all of those "special privileges and preferences"?
I don't have to trade places to get affirmative action. I am a minority eligible for AA. I'm 50% Hispanic, and I speak Spanish fluently. And in 50 years in the workforce, despite having worked in over 200 companies, I am proud to say that I have never filled out an AA questionairre. I wouldn't lower myself to that level. It's a disgrace.

You must be the worst employee if you've had 200 different jobs. And I just got a job! My last name is real Greek. Do you think it helps me or hurts me? We are not considered a minority even though we are only 1% of the population.

John Legend not only makes a complete fool of himself by pretending that the experiences of the older Black generation at Selma, Alabama (1965) are still with us today, but he also pretends to be a musical talent of some sort.

EARTH To LEGEND and ALL OTHER RAP "ARTISTS" - Nothing in the RAP genre (if it can even be called that) has any worth musically. It is all a silly joke. The really notable thing about this TOPIC, is that lost causes like John Legend, have to run to the grievance bar in order to keep themselves in competition with everyone else.

They know full well that without their Affirmative Action Black privilege, they're just another been nowhere, done nothing, know nothing idiot, and being a rapper is all the more proof. What a disgrace. And how anyone with the kind of trash that he produces can call it "music" ,,and go accept an award for it is beyond incredible. John Lennon must be turning in his grave. Real musical talents like Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, etc just laugh at this clown show.

John Legend, just by way of educating you, is not a rap artist.

And John Lennon would applaud both Legend's music and his political statements. I doubt the rest of the musicians you listed would have anything bad to say about him.
John Lennon was a musically talented political illiterate.

John Legend not only makes a complete fool of himself by pretending that the experiences of the older Black generation at Selma, Alabama (1965) are still with us today, but he also pretends to be a musical talent of some sort.

EARTH To LEGEND and ALL OTHER RAP "ARTISTS" - Nothing in the RAP genre (if it can even be called that) has any worth musically. It is all a silly joke. The really notable thing about this TOPIC, is that lost causes like John Legend, have to run to the grievance bar in order to keep themselves in competition with everyone else.

They know full well that without their Affirmative Action Black privilege, they're just another been nowhere, done nothing, know nothing idiot, and being a rapper is all the more proof. What a disgrace. And how anyone with the kind of trash that he produces can call it "music" ,,and go accept an award for it is beyond incredible. John Lennon must be turning in his grave. Real musical talents like Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, etc just laugh at this clown show.

And John Lennon would applaud both Legend's music and his political statements. I doubt the rest of the musicians you listed would have anything bad to say about him.
I doubt that you know them well enough, to have a very informed opinion.

As for what type of "music", shall we say >
None of which impresses me one iota.

Then don't listen to it. No problem.

But plenty of people do enjoy it. Your taste in music is not the sole determination of what is music.

Meanwhile everyone from Elvis to Eminem copy what black people are doing. Or Chuck Berry.

Look at us silly honkeys when we were trying to break dance. We try to wear ghetto clothes and try to talk street. Black people should see we soooo want to be cool like they are.
You're talking about the imbecile young generation of today. Guess what. They don't HAVE any music. American music was back in the 60's and 70's with Bob Dylan, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, James Taylor, Neil Young, C, S, & N, Fleetwood Mack, Led Zepplin, the Doors, the Eagles, America, all the Bluegrass bands, etc.They didn't copy Blacks, they didn't do silly dancing (except Mick Jagger maybe).

I can't think of anything more pathetic than White people lowering themselves to imitate the trash culture of Blacks. Music, clothes, talk, or whatever. What's the matter with White kids today ? Have you no brains ? You ought to be imitating the classic rock people I just mentioned.

PS - Chuck Berry and Jimi Hendrix were imitators of White music.

Lennon was not politically illiterate. I don't agree with his politics, but he was certainly knowledgeable about it.

Yeah, we're sure you could have schooled him with your world experiences...lol!!

Lost control of the last thread so you started a new one? lol

Race in the entertainment industry is an odd topic. But those who won the awards were not part of any affirmative action. If they made movies or music for blacks it is because there is money to be made there. That is all.
You nailed it...lol!!!!
No he didn't. John Legend was talking about Blacks having it tough NOW in 2015. Tha'ts why he said the words "Selma is NOW". Try to keep up.

But plenty of people do enjoy it. Your taste in music is not the sole determination of what is music.

Meanwhile everyone from Elvis to Eminem copy what black people are doing. Or Chuck Berry.

Look at us silly honkeys when we were trying to break dance. We try to wear ghetto clothes and try to talk street. Black people should see we soooo want to be cool like they are.
You're talking about the imbecile young generation of today. Guess what. They don't HAVE any music. American music was back in the 60's and 70's with Bob Dylan, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, James Taylor, Neil Young, C, S, & N, Fleetwood Mack, Led Zepplin, the Doors, the Eagles, America, all the Bluegrass bands, etc.They didn't copy Blacks, they didn't do silly dancing (except Mick Jagger maybe).

I can't think of anything more pathetic than White people lowering themselves to imitate the trash culture of Blacks. Music, clothes, talk, or whatever. What's the matter with White kids today ? Have you no brains ? You ought to be imitating the classic rock people I just mentioned.

AKA...my old ass is constipated and I'm mad at Black people...

I thought you said you knew those musicians? Several of the ones you named have said that they were heavily influenced by R&B music of the time. I guess playing a solid body electric and an acoustic guitar didn't teach you much about where the music came from, did it?

Your taste in music is fine for you. But this nonsense that it is the only music that is worthwhile is ridiculous.

Race in the entertainment industry is an odd topic. But those who won the awards were not part of any affirmative action. If they made movies or music for blacks it is because there is money to be made there. That is all.
You nailed it...lol!!!!
No he didn't. John Legend was talking about Blacks having it tough NOW in 2015. Tha'ts why he said the words "Selma is NOW". Try to keep up.

Legend made a statement about what he believes. You create top level music and you can make statements too. Otherwise, you are just another racist spewing hate and lies.

And what I said stands. The music and movies that get made are about profits. If the producers think it won't make money, they won't produce it. It is not the same thing as affirmative action.

Lennon was not politically illiterate. I don't agree with his politics, but he was certainly knowledgeable about it.
When Lennon was cutting records back in the 60s, like him, I was a far-left radical. Now, I'm more of a conservative, and I think if John was alive today, he would be too. And not all those 60s guys were so liberal. When the Rolling Stones appear live they have to change the words of Brown Sugar (as I do too when I play it), because of the racist level of it. Mick Jagger said if he wrote the song now , he would never have wrote it as he did. (very offensive to Blacks)

You nailed it...lol!!!!

Legend made a statement about what he believes. You create top level music and you can make statements too. Otherwise, you are just another racist spewing hate and lies.

And what I said stands. The music and movies that get made are about profits. If the producers think it won't make money, they won't produce it. It is not the same thing as affirmative action.
I'm talking about what Legend said about Selma being now. Get on track, would you please ?

I thought you said you knew those musicians? Several of the ones you named have said that they were heavily influenced by R&B music of the time. I guess playing a solid body electric and an acoustic guitar didn't teach you much about where the music came from, did it?

Your taste in music is fine for you. But this nonsense that it is the only music that is worthwhile is ridiculous.
Listen to whatever you like. And play it too (if you're capable)

When Lennon was cutting records back in the 60s, like him, I was a far-left radical. Now, I'm more of a conservative, and I think if John was alive today, he would be too. And not all those 60s guys were so liberal. When the Rolling Stones appear live they have to change the words of Brown Sugar (as I do too when I play it), because of the racist level of it. Mick Jagger said if he wrote the song now , he would never have wrote it as he did. (very offensive to Blacks)

Lennon was still a radical leftist when he was murdered in 1980. Not all of them soldout.

I doubt Lennon would have become a conservative. But I bet he would have been able to tell the difference between Rap music and R&B.

You nailed it...lol!!!!

I'm talking about what Legend said about Selma being now. Get on track, would you please ?

I am on track. I am correcting your statements. Stop posting stupid shit and I will stop having to correct you. Your OP did more than talk about Legend's statements about Selma being now. You made disparaging remarks about talented musicians, incorrectly called one a rap artist, and claimed that other greats would laugh at the music of John Legend. If I am off track, it is because you went there.

Listen to whatever you like. And play it too (if you're capable)

Indeed I will. And the music I do not like is still music, even if it is not to my taste. I, unlike you, am not so egotistical as to think my tastes in music are the only ones that should be called music.

R&B is a genre of popular African-American music that originated in the 1940s

Without R&B none of the people above exist. Or they would be singing like the Everly Brothers

When Chuck Berry (whom I admire immensely) first started out, he played to all-Black audiences, who thought of him as a bit of a clown, because of his White style music (Rockabilly). Eventually, they accepted him, because White or not, his songs and guitar playing were impressive. Later he became a big star.

Forum List

Back