Clown Show At Academy Awards

Just to bring this thread back to what it's TOPIC properly is, NO, there is no modern day Selma for Black people. Not with their nice, shiny new cars, their hot, latest model smart phones and MP3 players, and $200 shoes. And to get on the stage on the Academy Awards and lay some sloppy sob story BS on the audience (when the real "Selma" is happening to White people), was beyond sickening..

Maybe some Democrat politician (Obama maybe) paid this tweety bird off, so he could sing some sobby song about Black "hardship", to keep Blacks sad or mad (the old victim mentality), so they could keep on voting Democrat. That's what all this make -believe BS that's going on about Blacks is all about. Everything out of Al Sharpton's big, loud mouth, the Zimmerman ordeal, Michael thug boy Brown, Eric Garner, alleged police brutality (where there isn't any), etc etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Then again it could be Legend and the boys are really dumb enough to be snowed by the whole rabid ruse, and are caught up in it.
geez.gif

Last edited:
No that's NOT about it. I have nothing against the civil rights movement. I do have something against the racism of Affirmative Action, and the way Legend ignores that, and tries to paint 2015 as still being in the Jim Crow era, after millions of White families have been harmed by Affirmative action, for 51 years, while it has been served to JL on a silver platter.

And yet, your OP had only one sentence about what Legend said as he accepted his award, and far more about music.

From the OP that you claim is strictly about his statement that Selma is Now, here is what you posted that was not about that but about his music:

"…but he also pretends to be a musical talent of some sort.

EARTH To LEGEND and ALL OTHER RAP "ARTISTS" - Nothing in the RAP genre (if it can even be called that) has any worth musically. It is all a silly joke. The really notable thing about this TOPIC, is that lost causes like John Legend, have to run to the grievance bar in order to keep themselves in competition with everyone else.

They know full well that without their Affirmative Action Black privilege, they're just another been nowhere, done nothing, know nothing idiot, and being a rapper is all the more proof. What a disgrace. And how anyone with the kind of trash that he produces can call it "music" ,,and go accept an award for it is beyond incredible. John Lennon must be turning in his grave. Real musical talents like Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, etc just laugh at this clown show."

Out of the 188 words in the OP, 159 of them were about his music. You posted 29 words about his statement while receiving his award, and 159 about his music. Get back on track, please.
I must at this time rebuke you WinterBorn.
I usually can post over the top and be savage in what I say, although factual.
I usually can depend upon your posts to have a calming effect and tone down the savagery of my posts.

So I have to rebuke you by stating with reservation...
You should not bitch slap the OP so savagely over the internet...he did ask for your phone number to make things more personal...lol.
Neither you or he have bitched slapped anyone or anything. You got a bitch slap in post # 56, and you showed off your laughable NO ANSWER in post # 59.

I have made you look like a fool where the music was concerned. That has been an amusing bit of my day.

Maybe you can throw a tantrum and get this thread closed too? At least in this one you didn't claim you would have smashed John Legend's teeth with the Oscar, if you had been there. That was MOST amusing.
When you can pick up a guitar and even just tune it, you will have taken the first step to even being able to compete with me on anything concerning music. But to be on an even plane, would take you many years, and you probably never would get halfway there. I doubt if you even know that my mandolin and violin/fiddle are both tuned the same way. In musical ability and knowledge, next to me, you're just being born.

I'll have to figure out a way to get my playing into some videos so I can show you what REAL music is supposed to sound like, while you can put in your videos of your tambourine playing, or beating on some dopey drum. :laugh: As for Lippy Legend boy, no, maybe I would have just walked on stage with a large plastic, trash bag, put him in it, and hauled him off the stage. That's another option.
laugh.gif

Whether you can play an instrument or not has no relevance here. What IS relevant is that you dismiss R&B, Soul, and Gospel music as worthless. They are somehow less valuable, and so those who produce, create, or play them are less valuable as well. And if one of those who create such music, as opposed to simply playing someone else's music, wins an award, you have the gall to call it a "phony award", simply because you disagree with the statement he made when he accepted the award.

You spend far more time, effort, and words trying to demean the artist and his art than you did rebuking what he said.

I didn't say anything about fairness. I simply corrected what Americano stated.

But then, you claimed that what the artists in question produced was not music and that they only were able to make their music because of affirmative action. Neither of those two things is factual.
I might have been mistaken. Did I call their stuff "music" ? :laugh:

You can dance around it all you want. But what I said stands. And yes, it is music. Good enough to earn him a nice career, accolades and awards. While you spent your time playing other people's music.

And I still do, because it's what I like to do. I don't need phony "awards". In the meantime, the John Legends of America continue to roll along, hoisting their flag of bullshit, about Blacks still being victims.
bsflag.gif

Phony awards? So you think his award was phony just because of the statement he made when he accepted it? That is simply ridiculous.
None of these clowns are playing any real music. And what instrument do they play ? The piano ? HA HA. Maybe they could be useful for insomniacs.

Right, because playing the piano is certainly not what a musician would do, is it? LMAO!! You really are stretching for more and more heights of stupidity.

Remember the people you said were laughing or rolling over in their graves? Both McCartney and Lennon played piano. The overwhelming majority of song writers play piano. Some of the greatest musicians in the history of the world have played piano. And yet you try to make it sound as though that is somehow second rate.

Truly sad. You disagree with what the man said. But you repeatedly attack his art instead. The upside is that you make a bigger fool of yourself every time you do.

"There are more black men incarcerated then there were enslaved in 1850."

clap

:)

No, what he said was that there are more black men under the control of corrections than were slaves in 1850.

Your correction of my "quote" is right.

What he said is factually wrong. Quick Google check says: Source for Blacks in jail 2,297,500 and Source for slaves in 1850, 3,204,313.

What he said was that there are more black men under the control of the corrections system than there were slaves in 1850.

So, if you count all those men on parole or whatever, but still under the control of the corrections system, he is right.

watch

You can dance around it all you want. But what I said stands. And yes, it is music. Good enough to earn him a nice career, accolades and awards. While you spent your time playing other people's music.

And I still do, because it's what I like to do. I don't need phony "awards". In the meantime, the John Legends of America continue to roll along, hoisting their flag of bullshit, about Blacks still being victims.
bsflag.gif

Phony awards? So you think his award was phony just because of the statement he made when he accepted it? That is simply ridiculous.
He's getting desperate now...a meltdown from his previous failed thread.

The site of all those Black performers has him riled up...

I'll throw him something to help calm him down...

Lawrence Welk Pennsylvania Polka - YouTube
That word is spelled "SIGHT", grammar school flunk out.
geez.gif

What word? What the hell are you talking about?

Just to bring this thread back to what it's TOPIC properly is, NO, there is no modern day Selma for Black people. Not with their nice, shiny new cars, their hot, latest model smart phones and MP3 players, and $200 shoes. And to get on the stage on the Academy Awards and lay some sloppy sob story BS on the audience (when the real "Selma" is happening to White people), was beyond sickening..

Maybe some Democrat politician (Obama maybe) paid this tweety bird off, so he could sing some sobby song about Black "hardship", to keep Blacks sad or mad (the old victim mentality), so they could keep on voting Democrat. That's what all this make -believe BS that's going on about Blacks is all about. Everything out of Al Sharpton's big, loud mouth, the Zimmerman ordeal, Michael thug boy Brown, Eric Garner, alleged police brutality (where there isn't any), etc etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Then again it could be Legend and the boys are really dumb enough to be snowed by the whole rabid ruse, and are caught up in it.
geez.gif

The topic is the music. That was what the majority of your OP was focused on. Remember?

geez.gif

The topic is the music. That was what the majority of your OP was focused on. Remember?
That is absolutely NOT THE TOPIC. Music is a minor side issue of least significance. The TOPIC is the first part of the first sentence of the OP > "John Legend not only makes a complete fool of himself by pretending that the experiences of the older Black generation at Selma, Alabama (1965) are still with us today..."

And >> "The really notable thing about this TOPIC, is that lost causes like John Legend, have to run to the grievance bar..."

watch

bsflag.gif

He's getting desperate now...a meltdown from his previous failed thread.

The site of all those Black performers has him riled up...

I'll throw him something to help calm him down...

Lawrence Welk Pennsylvania Polka - YouTube
That word is spelled "SIGHT", grammar school flunk out.
geez.gif

What word? What the hell are you talking about?
I would guess not many others reading this thread had any trouble discerning what I was talking about.

I was talking about reconmark's misspelling of the word "sight" (talking about me seeing Black performers and getting riled up) Here's what he wrote > "The site of all those Black performers has him riled up..." Got it now ?

And yet, your OP had only one sentence about what Legend said as he accepted his award, and far more about music.

From the OP that you claim is strictly about his statement that Selma is Now, here is what you posted that was not about that but about his music:

"…but he also pretends to be a musical talent of some sort.

EARTH To LEGEND and ALL OTHER RAP "ARTISTS" - Nothing in the RAP genre (if it can even be called that) has any worth musically. It is all a silly joke. The really notable thing about this TOPIC, is that lost causes like John Legend, have to run to the grievance bar in order to keep themselves in competition with everyone else.

They know full well that without their Affirmative Action Black privilege, they're just another been nowhere, done nothing, know nothing idiot, and being a rapper is all the more proof. What a disgrace. And how anyone with the kind of trash that he produces can call it "music" ,,and go accept an award for it is beyond incredible. John Lennon must be turning in his grave. Real musical talents like Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, etc just laugh at this clown show."

Out of the 188 words in the OP, 159 of them were about his music. You posted 29 words about his statement while receiving his award, and 159 about his music. Get back on track, please.
I must at this time rebuke you WinterBorn.
I usually can post over the top and be savage in what I say, although factual.
I usually can depend upon your posts to have a calming effect and tone down the savagery of my posts.

So I have to rebuke you by stating with reservation...
You should not bitch slap the OP so savagely over the internet...he did ask for your phone number to make things more personal...lol.
Neither you or he have bitched slapped anyone or anything. You got a bitch slap in post # 56, and you showed off your laughable NO ANSWER in post # 59.

I have made you look like a fool where the music was concerned. That has been an amusing bit of my day.

Maybe you can throw a tantrum and get this thread closed too? At least in this one you didn't claim you would have smashed John Legend's teeth with the Oscar, if you had been there. That was MOST amusing.
When you can pick up a guitar and even just tune it, you will have taken the first step to even being able to compete with me on anything concerning music. But to be on an even plane, would take you many years, and you probably never would get halfway there. I doubt if you even know that my mandolin and violin/fiddle are both tuned the same way. In musical ability and knowledge, next to me, you're just being born.

I'll have to figure out a way to get my playing into some videos so I can show you what REAL music is supposed to sound like, while you can put in your videos of your tambourine playing, or beating on some dopey drum. :laugh: As for Lippy Legend boy, no, maybe I would have just walked on stage with a large plastic, trash bag, put him in it, and hauled him off the stage. That's another option.
laugh.gif

Whether you can play an instrument or not has no relevance here. What IS relevant is that you dismiss R&B, Soul, and Gospel music as worthless. They are somehow less valuable, and so those who produce, create, or play them are less valuable as well. And if one of those who create such music, as opposed to simply playing someone else's music, wins an award, you have the gall to call it a "phony award", simply because you disagree with the statement he made when he accepted the award.

You spend far more time, effort, and words trying to demean the artist and his art than you did rebuking what he said.
FALSE! I spent a lot of time rebuking what he said in that other thread before the closed me out of it, and I had plenty more to say about it. I only added the music component, so this thread wouldn't look like an exact duplicate of other. still, Legend's BS about Selma is still the primary focus of this, dspite the sidetracking in to music talk.

clap

No, what he said was that there are more black men under the control of corrections than were slaves in 1850.

What he said is factually wrong. Quick Google check says: Source for Blacks in jail 2,297,500 and Source for slaves in 1850, 3,204,313.

What he said was that there are more black men under the control of the corrections system than there were slaves in 1850.

So, if you count all those men on parole or whatever, but still under the control of the corrections system, he is right.
Whether he is right or not, who the hell cares ? His point that somehow all this is a result of unfairness to Blacks, is idiocy, which is about what his dumb appearance on that show amounted to.

John Legend not only makes a complete fool of himself by pretending that the experiences of the older Black generation at Selma, Alabama (1965) are still with us today, but he also pretends to be a musical talent of some sort.

They know full well that without their Affirmative Action Black privilege, they're just another been nowhere, done nothing, know nothing idiot, and being a rapper is all the more proof. What a disgrace. And how anyone with the kind of trash that he produces can call it "music" ,,and go accept an award for it is beyond incredible. John Lennon must be turning in his grave. Real musical talents like Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, etc just laugh at this clown show.
Black people invented every style of music you listen to today btw. I wish you many wigger grandkids whose favorite music is hip hop.

bsflag.gif

None of these clowns are playing any real music. And what instrument do they play ? The piano ? HA HA. Maybe they could be useful for insomniacs.

Right, because playing the piano is certainly not what a musician would do, is it? LMAO!! You really are stretching for more and more heights of stupidity.

Remember the people you said were laughing or rolling over in their graves? Both McCartney and Lennon played piano. The overwhelming majority of song writers play piano. Some of the greatest musicians in the history of the world have played piano. And yet you try to make it sound as though that is somehow second rate.

Truly sad. You disagree with what the man said. But you repeatedly attack his art instead. The upside is that you make a bigger fool of yourself every time you do.
I don't care who plays the piano, and many musicians I admire play it (Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Chopin, etc)
I have my taste in musical instruments and keyboards just doesn't rate too high in my preferences. Ad I do think the guitar, mandolin, and violin, all of which I play, are superior instruments to the piano, which is not able to do many of the things that these other instrument can do. One can play much more music on a guitar, for instance, than on a piano, and in my judgement, it sounds much better. for those people who like hearing a piano, go for it. It's like auto racing. i hate it, but if it somehow makes some people happy to watch it, more power to them.,

John Legend not only makes a complete fool of himself by pretending that the experiences of the older Black generation at Selma, Alabama (1965) are still with us today, but he also pretends to be a musical talent of some sort.

They know full well that without their Affirmative Action Black privilege, they're just another been nowhere, done nothing, know nothing idiot, and being a rapper is all the more proof. What a disgrace. And how anyone with the kind of trash that he produces can call it "music" ,,and go accept an award for it is beyond incredible. John Lennon must be turning in his grave. Real musical talents like Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, etc just laugh at this clown show.
Black people invented every style of music you listen to today btw. I wish you many wigger grandkids whose favorite music is hip hop.
Bullshit. Blacks did not invent rock and roll, and even one of the first Black rock guitar players of major note, Chuck Berry, was castigated by his own Black audiences in his early years, for playing white people's (Rockabilly) music.
Also, some music I listen to (and play on 3 different instruments), American fiddle tunes, are 100% White European music derived from European countries (mostly British). The Black guy in the TV series roots, named "Fiddler" played these same tunes, and it is these same tunes, and Bluegrass (a 99% White American music) that my grandkids play on the guitar and mandolin right now.

images

Last edited:

Bullshit. Blacks did not invent rock and roll, and even one of the first Black rock guitar players of major note, Chuck Berry, was castigated by his own Black audiences in his early years, for playing white people's (Rockabilly) music.
Also, some music I listen to (and play on 3 different instruments), American fiddle tunes, are 100% White European music derived from European countries (mostly British). The Black guy in the TV series roots, named "Fiddler" played these same tunes, and it is these same tunes, and Bluegrass (a 99% White American music) that my grandkids play on the guitar and mandolin right now.
They invented AND perfected it ya dumb mothafucka!

No they didn't ,asshole. And what do you know about Jimi Hendrix ? I play his songs on the guitar. Like Purple Haze, Hey Joe, and Foxey Lady. You want throw Jimi Hindrix at me ? Let's see if you can tell me what the Jimi Hendrix chord is, Mr. smart ass. Hint: it's in the E family (but you don't know what I'm talking about, DO YOU ?

And Jimi Hendrix is only one Rock guitarist who has "perfected" the instrument. Plenty of others have too, like Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Jeff Beck, Eddie Van Halen,etc

Last edited:

No they didn't ,asshole. And what do you know about Jimi Hendrix ? I play his songs on the guitar. Like Purple Haze, Hey Joe, and Foxey Lady. You want throw Jimi Hindrix at me ? Let;'s see you can tell me what the Jimi Hendrix chord is, Mr. smart ass. Hint: it's in the E family (but you don't know what I'm talking about, DO YOU ?

Fuckin A punk! I've been playing guitar since 12! E7#9 ya mothafuckaaa! Dominant E7 and a shaaaarp assss 9!

I actually like the music he and Common make. Their art is enjoyable.

But their political beliefs suck.

He actually compared modern day prison inmates (who are there voluntarily) to slaves.
The prison inmates are there because they broke the law. Do the crime ; do the time. Don't do the crime : don't do the time.

I believe in "Do the crime, don't do the time".​

clap

Maybe we should also count all the babies that are not born because potential parents are in jail.

No they didn't ,asshole. And what do you know about Jimi Hendrix ? I play his songs on the guitar. Like Purple Haze, Hey Joe, and Foxey Lady. You want throw Jimi Hindrix at me ? Let;'s see you can tell me what the Jimi Hendrix chord is, Mr. smart ass. Hint: it's in the E family (but you don't know what I'm talking about, DO YOU ?

Fuckin A punk! I've been playing guitar since 12! E7#9 ya mothafuckaaa! Dominant E7 and a shaaaarp assss 9!

Damn, would I love to go one on one with you and smoke your ass to cinders. I'd have you running down the street before I'd even have put pick up my mandolin, fiddle, and harmonica, to teach you have undiverse you are.
Just a few bars of Hendrix, Brown Sugar in G tuning, Gimme Shelter in e tuning, Crossroads, Separation Blues (Patrick Sky), Payday (Mississippi John Hurt), Cocaine Blues (Dave Von Ronk), Black Mountain Rag (Tony Rice), Home in Louisiana (Country Gentlemen), and awaaaaay you go, puppy.

And the guitar (modern 6 string was invented by Spanish maker Antonio Torres, a White guy in Spain.He increased the size of the body, altered its proportions, and introduced the revolutionary "fan" top bracing pattern, in around 1850. His design radically improved the volume, tone and projection of the instrument, and very soon became the accepted construction standard. It has remained essentially unchanged, and unchallenged, to this day.

Forum List

Back