Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
It's hard to see Trump winning if he can't win seniors. He's underperforming Romney amongst seniors by over 10%.

DELRAY BEACH, Fla.— Ruth Mary Baudhuin watched Lawrence Welk as a young girl, listened to fellow Philadelphian Chubby Checker on the radio and eventually grew into her parents’ Republicanism, an Irish-Catholic conservatism that idealized the nuclear family.

But the 68-year-old retiree, like many older voters, no longer recognizes her party.

The soft-edged promise she recalls of previous nominees—Ronald Reagan’s sunny disposition, John McCain’s undisputed patriotism—have been replaced with what she views as insults and bombast.

So she’s backing Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, ending her streak of supporting every Republican presidential nominee since Gerald Ford.

“The main thing is I really don’t like the person,” said Mrs. Baudhuin, now a Florida voter, barely able to speak GOP nominee Donald Trump’s name and relying instead on pronouns. “His attitudes, all the negative things he puts out, I really don’t want a racist to be president,” she said.

NA-CL794_SENIOR_9U_20161001131809.jpg

Mrs. Clinton appears to be luring them back to her party’s fold. She was winning among older voters, 44% to 42%, among registered voters in the latest Wall Street Journal poll.

She was also ahead in this age group, 52% to 44%, in a Washington Post/ABC poll published Sept. 20. Mr. Trump had a three percentage point advantage among older voters in the New York Times/CBS poll on Sept. 11, but that lagged well behind Mr. Romney’s lead of 15 percentage points in the same poll at this point in the race four years ago.​

Among Seniors, Clinton Grows More Appealing

It's hard to see Trump winning if he can't win seniors. He's underperforming Romney amongst seniors by over 10%.

DELRAY BEACH, Fla.— Ruth Mary Baudhuin watched Lawrence Welk as a young girl, listened to fellow Philadelphian Chubby Checker on the radio and eventually grew into her parents’ Republicanism, an Irish-Catholic conservatism that idealized the nuclear family.

But the 68-year-old retiree, like many older voters, no longer recognizes her party.

The soft-edged promise she recalls of previous nominees—Ronald Reagan’s sunny disposition, John McCain’s undisputed patriotism—have been replaced with what she views as insults and bombast.

So she’s backing Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, ending her streak of supporting every Republican presidential nominee since Gerald Ford.

“The main thing is I really don’t like the person,” said Mrs. Baudhuin, now a Florida voter, barely able to speak GOP nominee Donald Trump’s name and relying instead on pronouns. “His attitudes, all the negative things he puts out, I really don’t want a racist to be president,” she said.

NA-CL794_SENIOR_9U_20161001131809.jpg

Mrs. Clinton appears to be luring them back to her party’s fold. She was winning among older voters, 44% to 42%, among registered voters in the latest Wall Street Journal poll.

She was also ahead in this age group, 52% to 44%, in a Washington Post/ABC poll published Sept. 20. Mr. Trump had a three percentage point advantage among older voters in the New York Times/CBS poll on Sept. 11, but that lagged well behind Mr. Romney’s lead of 15 percentage points in the same poll at this point in the race four years ago.​

Among Seniors, Clinton Grows More Appealing

Damn Baby Boomers and Generation X have yet to be sent to that cliff where they can be shoved off of!

I will write that Clinton will grow stronger ( as she embraces the dark side of life ) and Donald will wither away because of the Senior, Minority, Gay and Female vote!

Forum List

Back