Clint Eastwood for President (?)

To old?

Yes.

Frail?
Yes... nature and time are cruel levelers... 85 year-olds tend to break easily, yes?

Clint break something recently?

(Of his own)
No, not as far as I am aware. But that's irrelevant to the more fragile condition of 85-year-olds.

Again, what sign of frailty has he shown?
Again, it was a generic observation... 85-year-olds are stereotypically frail. Enough already.

When did Clint ever fit a stereotype?

Yes... nature and time are cruel levelers... 85 year-olds tend to break easily, yes?

(Of his own)
No, not as far as I am aware. But that's irrelevant to the more fragile condition of 85-year-olds.

Again, it was a generic observation... 85-year-olds are stereotypically frail. Enough already.

To put it bluntly, he could kick the bucket at any day now.

(Of his own)

(Of his own)

Are you suffering from an over-abundance of hero-worship, by any chance? Something seems to be interfering with your sense of Reality in this context.

(Of his own)

I hate saying that, because I love Clint Eastwood, but it's true. It will be a truly sad day when his time comes to an end though. :(

To old?

Yes.

Frail?

(Of his own)

I think an 85 year old would not have the stamina for such a job, US President. Just look at every man who has held the position and how much it ages them, especially those who have done 2 terms. It is not just an issue of growing older, they age pretty hard in those 8 years. Obama looks a lot older than he did 8 years ago, more so than is normal or average aging.

An 85 year old may be intelligent enough for the job and sharp with it, but it also requires stamina, too much for most 85 year olds.

(Of his own)

So could anyone else in the world, from age 1-100.

Doesn't mean he is 'frail'.

He's probably in better physical shape than most 40-50 year olds

Oh, let it go...

Are you his doctor? :D

(Of his own)

(Of his own)

Are you suffering from an over-abundance of hero-worship, by any chance? Something seems to be interfering with your sense of Reality in this context.

Nope, no hero worship.

You yourself said your observation was 'generic'.

One size does NOT fit all.

I'd say Clint is in better shape than you are now, or will be in the foreseeable future.

No

I'm not blind either.

Nope, no hero worship.

I'd say Clint is in better shape than you are now, or will be in the foreseeable future.

Okay, we get it. You love Clint, but he is still a very elderly man. He is approaching 90 years old now, right? I'm sorry but you just cannot count on him for 4 years into the future. The chances of him dying are FAR greater than a person in their 50s or even 60s, sorry to say.

Oh, let it go...

Why?

You and ChrisL don't seem to be able to.

No

I'm not blind either.

That has nothing to do with anything. Completely irrelevant comment. He has lived a full life, but it is coming to an end now. It would be kind of stupid to vote for him to be president, unless you like his VP just as much.

Oh, let it go...

Why?

Because you're being silly. He is too old to run for president. Look at what it does to men much younger than him after only 4 years. Look at how they age. I'm willing to bet his doctor would advise against it.

Movies are not real life. He is not a big tough guy, except in the movies. I was in an LA nightclub once, many years ago when Eastwood was middle aged. I was with some people who were friends with the bartender. It was a pricey, go to place in LA, on the top floor of a highrise building. We were talking with the bartender and it came up that Eastwood came in often and was usually wasted and high on drugs, plus doing heavy drinking. He is not a strong, smart, tough guy. He's an actor who has abused his mind and body. And he is too far over the hill be be considered a reasonable presidential candidate. You guys see someone playing a role in a movie and think that is the real person. It isn't. Grow up.

No

I'm not blind either.

That has nothing to do with anything. Completely irrelevant comment. He has lived a full life, but it is coming to an end now. It would be kind of stupid to vote for him to be president, unless you like his VP just as much.

My first comment on this thread was that he was too old for the job.

I questioned the comments on his frailty.

Why do you people think I want him for president, after I specifically stated I didn't?

Nope, no hero worship.

The consensus in the real world - and on this forum - is that an 85-year-old is too frail, to begin a brutally-demanding 4- or 8-year tenure as the President of the United States.

I'll let it rest there.

Oh, let it go...

Why?

Because you're being silly. He is too old to run for president. Look at what it does to men much younger than him after only 4 years. Look at how they age. I'm willing to bet his doctor would advise against it.

No

I'm not blind either.

Why do you people think I want him for president, after I specifically stated I didn't?

With age comes frailty. That is just a fact. He might be in very good shape for his age. I don't know, but even if he is in good shape for his age, he is still more frail than most people 20 or 30 years younger than him unless they are suffering from a serious disease.

Oh, let it go...

Why?

No

I'm not blind either.

With age comes frailty. That is just a fact. He might be in very good shape for his age. I don't know, but even if he is in good shape for his age, he is still more frail than most people 20 or 30 years younger than him unless they are suffering from a serious disease.

I thought you were finished with this thread about an hour ago.

Oh, let it go...

Why?

No

I'm not blind either.

I thought you were finished with this thread about an hour ago.

Who told you that? :D Certainly not me. I'm here to waste a few hours. Lucky you guys!

Forum List

Back