Climate Change Solution that Everyone Will Hate

During World War II, when the U.S. faced a mortal threat to its very existence, the government imposed rationing -- in particular, gasoline rationing. I believe that the time has come again for gasoline rationing.

Gasoline rationing would accomplish a number of things:
  1. It would emphasize the seriousness of the situation.
  2. It would reduce the amount of greenhouse gases being released into the atmosphere.
  3. It would encourage the use of public transit.
  4. It would encourage the development of alternative forms of transportation and power sources.
  5. It would make almost everyone a participant in the fight against climate change.
I hope that you will support my proposal.

There is no "situation." The man made global warming hoax/religion is simply a power grab by asshats...and you fell for it. The high priests...so concerned with the hoax by homes on the ocean, and fly around the world in private jets....

So sorry......you need to be deprogrammed from your cult.

Simple solution - build more nuclear power plants. Molten Salt Reactors.

It's not a simple solution, but it may be a necessary one. Nuclear power might be a bridge between fossil fuels and renewable energy.

Simple solution - build more nuclear power plants. Molten Salt Reactors.

It's not a simple solution, but it may be a necessary one. Nuclear power might be a bridge between fossil fuels and renewable energy.

Learn about Molten Salt Reactors, you might change your mind. The problem with wind and solar is they do not produce energy 24/7/365. Nuclear does.

During World War II, when the U.S. faced a mortal threat to its very existence, the government imposed rationing -- in particular, gasoline rationing. I believe that the time has come again for gasoline rationing.

2. It would reduce the amount of greenhouse gases being released into the atmosphere.
  4. It would encourage the development of alternative forms of transportation and power sources.
  5. It would make almost everyone a participant in the fight against climate change.

There is no "situation." The man made global warming hoax/religion is simply a power grab by asshats...and you fell for it. The high priests...so concerned with the hoax by homes on the ocean, and fly around the world in private jets....

Have you noticed any difference in the weather patterns in your own life? I grew up in Minnesota, and I sure have. In my youth, in the 1960s, we got a LOT more snow than we do now. I can remember when I first noticed that something was wrong: I was walking across a bridge in January, and it wasn't very cold. It was January in Minnesota, and it wasn't very cold. That didn't make any sense.

That leaves more carbon for elitists like Al Gore and Leonardo and the rest to drive and fly and go on their yachts and eat their freesh meats and food that we will be denied someday because of you nutjobs. Of course a Hitler will be elected as being more palatable to get rid of you.

Have you noticed any difference in the weather patterns in your own life? I grew up in Minnesota, and I sure have. In my youth, in the 1960s, we got a LOT more snow than we do now. I can remember when I first noticed that something was wrong: I was walking across a bridge in January, and it wasn't very cold. It was January in Minnesota, and it wasn't very cold. That didn't make any sense.

Where I live in Illinois? We used to have mile high glaciers.......and they melted...long before man ever existed.......climate changes due to the sun, not due to men. We have had ice ages before and we will have them again, as well as warming........man made global warming is a hoax, designed to take your money and your freedom.

How much must we lower CO2 to keep Minnesota an ice box all winter long?

Go blow a goat hippie.

Well, that certainly is an incisive response. What's YOUR solution?

Non existent problems only require non existent solutions.

And ostriches bury their heads in the sand...
Your complete ignorance of science is astounding. Here on Earth, where we are currently experiencing an ice age, ostriches do NOT bury their heads in the sand, because they would fucking suffocate, you scientifically illiterate imbecile!

Hmmm...maybe you really are on a different planet, figuratively speaking of course :cuckoo:

The ostrich reference was metaphorical, moron. But please present your evidence for the current Ice Age, since this is the first that I've heard of it.
That's because, like most global warming doomsday cult dupes, you don't even know the very basics of climate science. You only know what political activists and leftist academics pretending to be scientific authorities have brainwashed you into believing via repeated messaging.

ice_ages1.gif

The major ice age we are currently experiencing is referred to by us scientists as the Quaternary Glaciation.

Last edited:

Ask, and the internet answers......your very question answered...

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/01/warming_and_the_snows_of_yesteryear.html

I was recently reminded of one of the most common misconceptions about our changing climate that is often accepted as fact by climate skeptics and true believers alike. Last week a commentary written by a fellow geologist and colleague lamented the less snow and cold in recent winters compared to the winters of his youth in Kentucky in the 1950s and 60s. He also related a talk he had with an octogenarian in Europe over the holidays who told him that he also recalled common snow during Christmas in Germany but alas, no longer.

This nearly universally held belief that even the most skeptical of us tend to believe is “warming by recollection.” Virtually every person from snowy climes claims that winters today are nothing like they were when they were a child.
------
My research into snowfall records for my hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, showed that my memory of snowfalls past was quite flawed. Snowfall here had been on the rise, rather than in decline.

-----

My colleague’s recollection was equally flawed and records indicate that five of the top ten snowiest Februarys in his hometown of Lexington, Kentucky, had occurred since 1975!

This notion is not a new one. In 1801, Thomas Jefferson expressed similar opinions about the moderating temperature and lack of snowfall.

Both heats and cold are becoming much more moderate within the memory even of the middle-aged. Snows are less frequent and less deep…. The rivers which then seldom failed to freeze over in the course of the winter, scearcely (sic) ever do now.

-- Thomas Jefferson 1801

Just like Thomas Jefferson in 1801, we remember those times that are remarkable, while forgetting the unremarkable. Our memories are filled with the times of extreme weather conditions as opposed to the moderate.

Big snowfalls periodically happen. Just like the picture below of me and my siblings in the snow in 1961, a six or eight-inch snowfall may come well past your knees when you are only five years old and three feet tall. It is a memory indelibly etched in your brain because it was so awesomely fun. (The odd-looking fellow in the bowler hat is my younger brother).

Increasing snow is not isolated to random sites in the United States but confirmed using data from the Rutgers Global Snow Lab (GSL) that reveal snow cover both in North America and across the northern hemisphere have been increasing.

Where I live in Illinois? We used to have mile high glaciers.......and they melted...long before man ever existed.......climate changes due to the sun, not due to men. We have had ice ages before and we will have them again, as well as warming........man made global warming is a hoax, designed to take your money and your freedom.
I realize it's completely futile to respond to someone like you, but I will anyway. Yes, there used to be glaciers in Illinois (although the last time it wasn't before man existed). And climate change in the past was due to the interaction between the sun and the earth's atmosphere. But humans have introduced a new element. Do you really think that pumping BILLIONS OF TONS of carbon and other shit into the atmosphere would have absolutely NO effect?

I realize it's completely futile to respond to someone like you, but I will anyway. Yes, there used to be glaciers in Illinois (although the last time it wasn't before man existed). And climate change in the past was due to the interaction between the sun and the earth's atmosphere. But humans have introduced a new element. Do you really think that pumping BILLIONS OF TONS of carbon and other shit into the atmosphere would have absolutely NO effect?

Sorry, it isn't even a tiny part of it. They want your money, they want you to give them power......don't believe their crap. Again...the ones pushing man made global warming buy homes on the ocean and fly in gas guzzling private jets...........this is the new snake oil salesman.......don't fall for it.

Well, that certainly is an incisive response. What's YOUR solution?

Your complete ignorance of science is astounding. Here on Earth, where we are currently experiencing an ice age, ostriches do NOT bury their heads in the sand, because they would fucking suffocate, you scientifically illiterate imbecile!

Hmmm...maybe you really are on a different planet, figuratively speaking of course :cuckoo:

The ostrich reference was metaphorical, moron. But please present your evidence for the current Ice Age, since this is the first that I've heard of it.
That's because, like most global warming doomsday cult dupes, you don't even know the very basics of climate science. You only know what political activists and leftist academics pretending to be scientific authorities have brainwashed you into believing via repeated messaging.

ice_ages1.gif
Yes, but the difference now is that humans are pumping billions of tons of carbon and other crap into the atmosphere, which we weren't before the Industrial Revolution. So you need to extend your "Today" line a little longer, and with a little more detail.

Common sense gun laws to disarm law abiding citizens and a Green New Deal to seize control of the economy.

ice_ages1.gif
Yes, but the difference now is that humans are pumping billions of tons of carbon and other crap into the atmosphere, which we weren't before the Industrial Revolution. So you need to extend your "Today" line a little longer, and with a little more detail.

If the high priests of the man made global warming hoax/cult were serious.....and actually believed the snake oil they are selling.....they would embrace nuclear energy....they don't.......

And again, the effect of man on the global environment is tiny.....tiny. You are being lied to by those who want your money and your freedom. Notice how the solution is always more money from you, better living for them....less freedom for you, more control for them....

Sorry, it isn't even a tiny part of it. They want your money, they want you to give them power......don't believe their crap. Again...the ones pushing man made global warming buy homes on the ocean and fly in gas guzzling private jets...........this is the new snake oil salesman.......don't fall for it.
"They" want your money? Who is "they"? They apparently want power and your money, but how do they get it? By buying homes on the ocean? Huh? I can tell you that I am not buying homes on the ocean, that's for sure. I get about $1,000 a month from Social Security, and that's about it. Let my accusers reveal how much money they make.

"They" want your money? Who is "they"? They apparently want power and your money, but how do they get it? By buying homes on the ocean? Huh? I can tell you that I am not buying homes on the ocean, that's for sure. I get about $1,000 a month from Social Security, and that's about it. Let my accusers reveal how much money they make.

They, being politicians. They get your money through raising taxes....in particular on energy....energy consumption....you know, the thing you just posted about. You may not be buying homes on the ocean, but the people telling you that man made climate change is real are.........and they are flying on private jets, and consuming energy at rates that dwarf yours.....

ice_ages1.gif

If the high priests of the man made global warming hoax/cult were serious.....and actually believed the snake oil they are selling.....they would embrace nuclear energy....they don't.......

And again, the effect of man on the global environment is tiny.....tiny. You are being lied to by those who want your money and your freedom. Notice how the solution is always more money from you, better living for them....less freedom for you, more control for them....
The effect of ONE person on the environment is tiny. The effect of seven and a half BILLION people is somewhat larger. Is that difficult to understand? And the rest of your argument doesn't even make much sense.

They, being politicians. They get your money through raising taxes....in particular on energy....energy consumption....you know, the thing you just posted about. You may not be buying homes on the ocean, but the people telling you that man made climate change is real are.........and they are flying on private jets, and consuming energy at rates that dwarf yours.....
So, you say that climate change isn't real? It's just a scam by politicians to get nice homes?

The effect of ONE person on the environment is tiny. The effect of seven and a half BILLION people is somewhat larger. Is that difficult to understand? And the rest of your argument doesn't even make much sense.

Complaining about too many people in the world while you're still in it is more than a little hypocritical.

Are you volunteering to take one for the team?

Forum List

Back