Claimed value of sleepy NY estate could come to haunt Trump

More shenanigans...

Trump opted for a strategy that would allow him to keep the property but reduce his taxes. He granted an easement to a conservation land trust to preserve 158 acres (60 hectares) of meadows and mature forest.
Trump received a $21 million income tax deduction, equal to the value of the conserved land, according to property and court records. The amount was based on a professional appraisal that valued the full Seven Springs property at $56.5 million as of Dec. 1, 2015.
That was a much higher amount that the evaluation by local government assessors, who said the entire estate was worth $20 million.
Michael Colangelo, a lawyer in the New York attorney general's office, outlined the central question involving the Seven Springs easement at a hearing last year regarding a dispute over evidence.
“If the value of the easement was improperly inflated, who obtained the benefit from that improper inflation and in what amounts?” Colangelo said. “It goes without saying that the attorney general needs to see the records that would reflect the value of that deduction, as it flowed up to intermediate entities, and ultimately to Mr. Trump, personally.”
A message seeking comment was left with Trump’s spokesperson. In the past, the Republican ex-president has decried the investigations as part of a “witch hunt.”
Seven Springs caught investigators’ attention after Trump’s longtime personal lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen told a congressional committee in 2019 that Trump had a habit of manipulating property values — inflating them in some cases and minimizing them in others to gain favorable loan terms and tax benefits.
Cohen testified that Trump had financial statements saying Seven Springs was worth $291 million as of 2012. He gave copies of three of Trump's financial statements to the House Committee on Oversight and Reform during his testimony.
Cohen said the statements, from 2011, 2012 and 2013, were ones Trump gave to his main lender, Deutsche Bank, to inquire about a loan to buy the NFL's Buffalo Bills and to Forbes magazine to substantiate his claim to a place on its list of the world's wealthiest people.

Trump, on his annual financial disclosure forms while president, said the property was worth between $25 million and $50 million.

Rent free! LOL

NY State prosecutors just got Trumps tax returns. They are pouring over them with a fine toothed comb.

This is just the beginning of what is to come
Trump will claim ignorance and avoid jail. But the TRUMP empire is in jeopardy. The TRUMP House of Cards is ready to tumble

All they need to do to nail Rump is to flip Allen Weisselberg :)
He has been full cooperating with the investigation since 2018....even given immunity...and you still got nothing...

Your propagandist are simply recycling the same stories over and over again, getting your clicks...and feeding the trolls

NY State prosecutors just got Trumps tax returns. They are pouring over them with a fine toothed comb.

Trump will claim ignorance and avoid jail. But the TRUMP empire is in jeopardy. The TRUMP House of Cards is ready to tumble

Well, if the hard hitting serious journalists at Vanity Fair say so it must be true. Might want to check with Lady's Home Journal just to be sure.

Well, if the hard hitting serious journalists at Vanity Fair say so it must be true. Might want to check with Lady's Home Journal just to be sure.

Don't like Vanity? Fine - Choose your own source!

allen weisselberg

Maybe Biden will pardon him
But he can’t because Trump doesn’t accept him as President

He has been full cooperating with the investigation since 2018....even given immunity...and you still got nothing...

Your propagandist are simply recycling the same stories over and over again, getting your clicks...and feeding the trolls

OoOpS!! :D

The person briefed on the deal said that it was narrow in scope, protecting Mr. Weisselberg from self-incrimination in sharing information with prosecutors about Mr. Cohen, Mr. Trump’s former personal lawyer, who pleaded guilty on Tuesday to tax and campaign finance charges. The latter charges stemmed from payments during the campaign to two women who said they had affairs with Mr. Trump. It was not, the person said, a blanket immunity extending beyond the information he shared, and Mr. Weisselberg remains in his job at the Trump Organization.

The person briefed on the deal said that it was narrow in scope, protecting Mr. Weisselberg from self-incrimination in sharing information with prosecutors about Mr. Cohen, Mr. Trump’s former personal lawyer, who pleaded guilty on Tuesday to tax and campaign finance charges. The latter charges stemmed from payments during the campaign to two women who said they had affairs with Mr. Trump. It was not, the person said, a blanket immunity extending beyond the information he shared, and Mr. Weisselberg remains in his job at the Trump Organization.
Yep, it wasn't full immunity, which is rare, but he has been working with the investigators since 2018....and you all got nothing....nada....just another recycled story you fell for

yah, but he'd need a big reason to flip on the hand that fed him, and he goes back to Trump's daddy and roy cohn. The guy's in his 70s. It's true that Trump NEVER protects anyone beyond Stone, and even Stone did time. Like Flynn, the guy's kids are his weak spot. But they don't seem obviously dirty.

I never expected Vance to actually get Trump in jail. But tax penalties going back as far as possible, will put a dent in him. The best outcome would of course just be Trump taking his retirement like all other ex-presidents, but that's not gonna happen.

yah, but he'd need a big reason to flip on the hand that fed him, and he goes back to Trump's daddy and roy cohn. The guy's in his 70s. It's true that Trump NEVER protects anyone beyond Stone, and even Stone did time. Like Flynn, the guy's kids are his weak spot. But they don't seem obviously dirty.

I never expected Vance to actually get Trump in jail. But tax penalties going back as far as possible, will put a dent in him. The best outcome would of course just be Trump taking his retirement like all other ex-presidents, but that's not gonna happen.

They usually flip in return for immunity from prosecution

I think the prospect of doing time was Rump's top motivation both pre and post election.
Vegas doesn't have odds on this but they will. I agree with you that the odds are fairly slim, but not out of the question.
I'd put them at about 30% ...

Yeah, but what they want is for him to say he and trump conspired to evade taxes.

Yeah, but what they want is for him to say he and trump conspired to evade taxes.

We all know they did. Proving it is of course another question.

Yep, it wasn't full immunity, which is rare, but he has been working with the investigators since 2018....and you all got nothing....nada....just another recycled story you fell for

Stand back and stand by Trumpette!

I think the prospect of doing time was Rump's top motivation both pre and post election.
Vegas doesn't have odds on this but they will. I agree with you that the odds are fairly slim, but not out of the question.
Trump's cheated at taxes his whole life. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get "a bigger bill" from NYstate

Stand back and stand by Trumpette!
I've been waiting for 5 years now.....ya'll just can't seem to find anything....

Trump's cheated at taxes his whole life. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get "a bigger bill" from NYstate

Standing by my prediction and our resident Trumpeltons are welcome to bookmark.
Donald will be bankrupt (again) and also destitute by 2023.
He can't get a loan, his brand is mud, he's got 400+ million in personally assured loans coming due in next 2 years, and he'll spend a butt-ton defending himself in litigation (including civil) on short order.
The vultures are circling around his resort properties and will likely obtain them for pennies on the dollar.

Like when they gave him immunity in 2018 and he cooperated? Yeah...keep falling for these recycled headlines....your propagandist are loving the revenue from the fish eating up their click bait

Trump will not go to jail over this.
As usual, he will deny any knowledge, blame others, blame a witch hunt

He will be fined, he will tie it up in appeals and ultimately not pay.

Rinse/Repeat
Why should he go to jail over this accusation? I mean if this is all the left wing's investigation has turned up.....it's a big zero

It is just the tip of the iceberg

The TRUMP empire is a House of Cards built on the TRUMP name and false valuations of assets

This is just the first card
wow...five years and we are just at the "tip of the iceberg" - and this is it? nothing? hahaha

I've heard your line before over and over again the past five years,,,with a big zero in the end

Trump has been hiding for five years.
You can’t investigate ME.....I am the PRESIDENT

Well, he ain’t the President anymore
Private Citizen Trump now has to pay the piper
um, he was investigated....repeatedly, often, over and over again. He wasn't hiding anywhere, his taxes were all filed with the Govt agencies

That is false. His financial records were sealed to investigators untill very recently and IRS has an open despute case for 80 million dollars against him.

Forum List

Back