Civil rights icon Rep. John Lewis says he has Stage IV pancreatic cancer: "I am going to fight it"

why always the good ones? i'm sure he'll beat the cancer! give it hell, John!

"I may miss a few votes during this period, but with God’s grace I will be back on the front lines soon."

Rep. John Lewis Diagnosed With Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer | HuffPost
While he is NOT one of the good ones, I do pray that he beats this and finds full recovery.
John Lewis is one of the Great ones

He risked his life for the liberty and justice of others

"I may miss a few votes during this period, but with God’s grace I will be back on the front lines soon."

While he is NOT one of the good ones, I do pray that he beats this and finds full recovery.

Not really. He did that a long time ago. Since then, he has been one wrong individual.

March 7, 1965 – a day that would become known as "Bloody Sunday" – Lewis and fellow activist Hosea Williams led over 600 marchers across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama. At the end of the bridge, they were met by Alabama State Troopers who ordered them to disperse.

When the marchers stopped to pray, the police discharged tear gas and mounted troopers charged the demonstrators, beating them with night sticks.
Lewis's skull was fractured, but he escaped across the bridge to Brown Chapel, the movement's headquarter church in Selma. Before Lewis could be taken to the hospital, he appeared before the television cameras calling on President Johnson to intervene in Alabama. Lewis bears scars from the incident on his head that are still visible today.

I believe that John Lewis was a agent for the COINTELPRO, that infiltrated activist groups to take over and control the members of these groups. They only recruit those that can influence many into following them. That this organization bumps off the leaders of the groups, and replaces them with their own agents. Like Dick Gregory had done a lot of advocating for the civil rights movement. But he never became a political figure. And he has done more for civil rights than any of them until the day he died. But he was ignored. And during these civil right protests. They had bad apples protesting with the protesters, but throwing bricks at the police. That is why the police sic the dogs on them. Just like how these off beat liberal groups like ANTIFA, has infiltrated the liberal organizations and destroyed the liberal's reputation. Like in one video with John Lewis was in. That it showed that the cops rammed their group of protesters, but carefully walked over John Lewis and went after the other protesters. And John at the time was the one that was bad mouthing the police. But believe that John wore a back pack to signal the cops to let them know that he is a agent for the government.

Not really. He did that a long time ago. Since then, he has been one wrong individual.
Since then, John Lewis has fought for civil rights protections, healthcare, gay rights and opposed the Iraq War

Things conservatives hate

from FOX News:

"Alex Trebek is sharing a message of support with Georgia Rep. John Lewis as both fight stage 4 pancreatic cancer. “We’re starting a new year, and let’s see if we can’t both complete the year as pancreatic cancer survivors,” Trebek said when recently asked by The Associated Press what he would tell Lewis. The "Jeopardy!" host also added that they're the same age, 79."

March 7, 1965 – a day that would become known as "Bloody Sunday" – Lewis and fellow activist Hosea Williams led over 600 marchers across the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma, Alabama. At the end of the bridge, they were met by Alabama State Troopers who ordered them to disperse.

When the marchers stopped to pray, the police discharged tear gas and mounted troopers charged the demonstrators, beating them with night sticks.
Lewis's skull was fractured, but he escaped across the bridge to Brown Chapel, the movement's headquarter church in Selma. Before Lewis could be taken to the hospital, he appeared before the television cameras calling on President Johnson to intervene in Alabama. Lewis bears scars from the incident on his head that are still visible today.

And how long does he get a pass for EVERYTHING, based on that?

EVERYTHING?

He has been a great statesman fighting for civil rights, healthcare, gay rights and against American involvement in foreign wars

EVERYTHING?

He has been a great statesman fighting for civil rights, healthcare, gay rights and against American involvement in foreign wars

I doubt it. If you support him. YOu are against civil rights for example.

EVERYTHING?

Other than the fact that you hate him

Do you have any specifics?

EVERYTHING?

Just having seen him be a standard partisan dem hack in recent decades.

EVERYTHING?

Just having seen him be a standard partisan dem hack in recent decades.
That’s it?

You want an American Patriot dead because he is a Democrat?

"one of the worst days of the Obama campaign was when John Lewis endorsed Hillary over O. i remember that well" - Dastardly Dan Pfeiffer

MLK and Malcolm X and John Lewis warned black folks about "white liberals"

Forum List

Back