Civics should be mandatory for all children before they graduate

Also...pay attention to who is supplying the textbooks.

You know how parents always say, hey, junior, did you do your homework? And then junior says yeah, I did it. And then mom and dad go back to whatever they were doing, maybe they go out and put one of those ''my little darling is an honor roll student ast such n such whatever school.''

And, really, you only need to have a body temperature of 98 degrees to make the honor roll these days.

Anyway...I never did that. No, huh uh. I always said, hey, lemme see your books.

Needless to say, the litlte darling came out of public school and went into a private one at about the fourth grade. Ha.

Democrats support Education
Republicans mock the educated and vote against funding
Regardless. Republicans are not only smarter than Dems, they are healthier and happier.

Unfortunately for the country as a whole Dems are in the majority. So even if they lose elections, they are able to screw most everything up in daily life through sheer weight of numbers.

Any aspect that teaches us that it is important to have self discipline, be accountable for our responsibilities to society, be responsible for our own success and that does not make others dependent and helpless.
Unlike any Civics course I have ever seen

Everyone agrees with this, right?

Shoudn’t everyone know exactly how the government is designed and operated?

Maybe those in power want an ignorant population…but they shouldnt.

Civics tests should be required in order to vote at all. The tests can be broken up into three sections, local, state, and Federal govt. If you pass all three then you get to vote in all elections; if you only pass one or two you get to vote in those you passed.

People who can't be bothered to know this basic stuff don't care about voting so no need to let them screw it up for those who do. Yes, I realize this will cost Democrats 90% of their base. Tough shit.

Last edited:
I know people with children in school. I have a step great granddaughter taken out of school in California on an emergency basis and sent to relatives in Texas.

A high school honor student was taught and explained to me that Hitler was in the KKK, and hated blacks. WWII was fought to free the slaves.

You're full of shit, so no need to take you seriously, especially any 'personal anecdotes' from you morons.

Everyone agrees with this, right?
Not if you're talking about some kind of government program. It would inevitably become a culture war shitshow, with each side trying to control it to promote their own vision of the "good life".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back