Civics should be mandatory for all children before they graduate

If you actually DO NOT WANT Civics taught in school…you probably want CRT and buttsex taught…but not how a bill is passed in Congress.
What do you think your "civics" class will look like when Democrats are running things?

if we were being practical then reading, writing, arithmetic, science, history and PE are all that’s really needed. And even then just the basics of history and science. The 3 R’s and PE should be the vast majority.

And once kids hit high school, it should be totally geared toward vocational training.

If one is interested in civics, art, foreign languages etc. they can pursue it on their own.

Well, because if you had none you would hardly have any business telling someone how to be a parent.

Would you disagree with that?
The most important part of parenting is setting a good example. That advice can be given by anyone.

The most important part of parenting is setting a good example. That advice can be given by anyone.

When it comes to raising kids, I'd like to think the person who's teaching others to be a parent is someone who actually has some experience in the field...

Before getting a diploma, all children should be able to pass a proficiency test in Civics.

Everyone should understand exactly how their government works.

This ignorance of so many people is astonishing.

I was talking to a 39 year old woman the other day who said there are 52 states. She got mad at me when I corrected her.

Does the government WANT people to be ignorant about how the government is formed and operated?

Umm

yes.

Good for Idaho.

It should be federal. Let the Department of Education actually do something.

Federally mandated 7th grade Civics for every public school.

Democrat Federal Government teaching the importance of Democrat civic positions to every child.
On top of the rest of the propaganda -

I will say not a great idea.

Civics tests should be required in order to vote at all. The tests can be broken up into three sections, local, state, and Federal govt. If you pass all three then you get to vote in all elections; if you only pass one or two you get to vote in those you passed.

People who can't be bothered to know this basic stuff don't care about voting so no need to let them screw it up for those who do. Yes, I realize this will cost Democrats 90% of their base. Tough shit.
In spirit I agree. It is galling for people who don't have a clue who or what they are voting for to be dragged to the polls by political operatives along with a name/names they are coerced, persuaded, and/or bribed to vote for. It would be great for there to be some rule that say only high school graduates are entitled to vote or some such.

It is further galling that those who depend on tax payers to support them are also dragged to the polls and told who they are supposed to vote for. It would be great if only tax payers could vote. Perhaps only property owners who pay the taxes vote in school elections or some such.

But there is too much risk in such a system for unscrupulous politicians to put unreasonable restrictions, figurative poll taxes, on those who can vote so I don't want any special restrictive rules. Better to have laws that make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to rig the vote. Otherwise push to get the federal government and woke unions and such out of education and actually start educating our citizens again.

Forum List

Back