Zone1 Cityslickers Vs. Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it more observed and practiced in the city or the country? That's all I really wanna know.

that is very thoughtful. Be nice to go back to that wouldn't it??
God, it sure would.

That was back on the West Coast, which made it all the more pleasantly surprising.

Before my hubby passed, we had a new neighbor move in next door and I took her a homemade almond cake and we started a nice relationship.

It's far more common to see that kind of thing here in the Midwest. A few days after I moved into my new home in SD, an octogenarian lady who lives across the street knocked on the front door with a plate of homemade lemon-iced cookies and a representative of the town came by with a welcome bag, full of useful doodads and coupons from local businesses and such.

Why have such kindnesses become almost obsolete?

I buried my uncle a few years back and noticed that during the funerall procession that all the cars on the road stopped out of respect. My mom told me that's just how it is in the country, is it not like that in the city? Is it selfishness or ignorance of the proper protocol as to why city folk don't pull over and wait for it to pass?
City dwellers are too busy to do that shit......They don't care....After all, they will never die and all that matters is their own fake reality.

I mean cityslickers are so much more liberated and better on all fronts. It's great to be a liberal but the country bumpkins gotta have some things they can do right, most rednecks don't know their ass from a hole in the ground though.

City dwellers are too busy to do that shit......They don't care....After all, they will never die and all that matters is their own fake reality.
Well said. Country folk are more aware of the nearness of death. I have to think about it every day because I have a long drive to town on rural county roads and I can't believe all the road kill! It was upsetting at first, but then I realized that for every animal that died, other animals ate.

I mean cityslickers are so much more liberated and better on all fronts. It's great to be a liberal but the country bumpkins gotta have some things they can do right, most rednecks don't know their ass from a hole in the ground though.
Ah, so there WAS a snarling agenda hiding in there. I sensed it. Hope you had a good laugh at the rednecks, but believe me, the rednecks do not give a rip what you think of us.

I buried my uncle a few years back and noticed that during the funerall procession that all the cars on the road stopped out of respect. My mom told me that's just how it is in the country, is it not like that in the city? Is it selfishness or ignorance of the proper protocol as to why city folk don't pull over and wait for it to pass?
Since allies of the dead gang member are all gathered outside for the burial some urban negroes take the opportunity to shoot another one or two.

Well said. Country folk are more aware of the nearness of death. I have to think about it every day because I have a long drive to town on rural county roads and I can't believe all the road kill! It was upsetting at first, but then I realized that for every animal that died, other animals ate.
I drive 30 miles each way from the mountains (where I live) down to our metro area on a 2 lane mountain road. Snow makes it even more dangerous. Gotta watch for deer too during better weather. Lots of road kill and I've also seen some pretty horrific accidents. Makes you aware of how fragile life can be careening down a road in a big metal box.

God, it sure would.

That was back on the West Coast, which made it all the more pleasantly surprising.

Before my hubby passed, we had a new neighbor move in next door and I took her a homemade almond cake and we started a nice relationship.

It's far more common to see that kind of thing here in the Midwest. A few days after I moved into my new home in SD, an octogenarian lady who lives across the street knocked on the front door with a plate of homemade lemon-iced cookies and a representative of the town came by with a welcome bag, full of useful doodads and coupons from local businesses and such.

Why have such kindnesses become almost obsolete?
I think because we have all become so self absorbed and busy. mostly busy. we think we don't have the time to do something nice and that no body wants company which is sometimes true..sometimes you have neighbors who just don't want company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back