Christie vetoes ‘trivial’ gun control bill, angers Sandy Hook parents

"Gun control" is working just fine in Chicago. :thup:

Gun control in Chicago. I live in Chicago. What gun control are you talking about? If anyone can buy them all over the state, where is the "control"? :cuckoo:

Christie didn't veto the bill for the benefit of the people of New Jersey. He vetoed it for the benefit of primary voters in places like Texas and Alabama.

He is just delusional enough to believe that he's a legitimate contender for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination.

No other first world nation has anything like the gun death toll that we have in the US. So what do your fruitloops suggest doing about that? More guns?

I wonder if you would think that if it had been your child. Empathy is something you're missing as well as common sense. All of you.

No, empathy we have in buckets. What we don't have is uncontrolled EMOTION.
Actually, it's sympathy you have...unless you've lost a first grade child to a gunman. Empathy comes from having experienced a similar tragedy.

The GOP only care about babies BEFORE they are born. After that....well....you know.

Christie didn't veto the bill for the benefit of the people of New Jersey. He vetoed it for the benefit of primary voters in places like Texas and Alabama.

He is just delusional enough to believe that he's a legitimate contender for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination.

If he were before this, he is not now.

If he were before this, he is not now.

Well, for him, the good news is that the day after he withdraws from the 2016 primary, he can have the doctors put his stomach back to normal.

I could never understand why the right turned on him. He is still an ignorant Republican.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a gun control bill on Wednesday that would have banned magazines with more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

“Mass violence will not end by changing the number of bullets loaded into a gun,” Christie said in his veto message. “I will not support such a trivial approach to the sanctity of human life, because this is not governing.”

Hours before Christie’s decision, several families from Newtown, Conn., personally delivered a petition to Christie to encourage him to reduce the legal limit of magazines. More than 55,000 individuals supported their request. The governor wasn’t available to meet with the parents who lost children in the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

“His refusal to meet with us is a cowardly political move, but his statement accusing us of ‘grandstanding’ and furthering ‘empty rhetoric’ is a blow to the memories of our children,” parents Nicole Hockley and Mark Barden, who both lost their first-grade sons in the shooting, jointly said in a statement on Wednesday. They asked that the leader explain his veto “by meeting with us and telling us to our faces that it wouldn’t have protected our own children and won’t save the lives of New Jersey’s children. We doubt he has the courage to face us.”

Christie vetoes 'trivial' gun control bill, angers Sandy Hook parents | MSNBC

Big jerk!!!

Christie owed those people nothing, he stated why he vetoed the bill, if they don't like it, can you say "tough shit"?

I wonder if you would think that if it had been your child. Empathy is something you're missing as well as common sense. All of you.

how would a 10 round mag limit prevented Sandy Hook? The guy had 10-20 minutes of time with a bunch of unarmed teachers and children. he could have used a rifled musket as a club and probably killed just as many people.

Roxy, Carby, if you don't like Christie so much, you probably shouldn't vote for him.

However, as two Obama voters, neither one of you has any business criticizing others for their votes.

No other first world nation has anything like the gun death toll that we have in the US. So what do your fruitloops suggest doing about that? More guns?

and how specifically does a 10 round mag limit change that?

I could never understand why the right turned on him. He is still an ignorant Republican.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a gun control bill on Wednesday that would have banned magazines with more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

“Mass violence will not end by changing the number of bullets loaded into a gun,” Christie said in his veto message. “I will not support such a trivial approach to the sanctity of human life, because this is not governing.”

Hours before Christie’s decision, several families from Newtown, Conn., personally delivered a petition to Christie to encourage him to reduce the legal limit of magazines. More than 55,000 individuals supported their request. The governor wasn’t available to meet with the parents who lost children in the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

“His refusal to meet with us is a cowardly political move, but his statement accusing us of ‘grandstanding’ and furthering ‘empty rhetoric’ is a blow to the memories of our children,” parents Nicole Hockley and Mark Barden, who both lost their first-grade sons in the shooting, jointly said in a statement on Wednesday. They asked that the leader explain his veto “by meeting with us and telling us to our faces that it wouldn’t have protected our own children and won’t save the lives of New Jersey’s children. We doubt he has the courage to face us.”

Big jerk!!!

Christie is correct, you are a dumbass.

Guess who's running for President and doesn't want to piss off the nutter base..?

Fatty McChicken.

Another GOP moderate who has to run to the extreme.

Pathetic.

Yep, he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected governor, and now it's panderin' time...as if we're gonna forget all them gun control he supported.

Mitt Romney, the sequel.

Next he'll join then NRA.

Big jerk!!!

Christie is correct, you are a dumbass.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Christie owed those people nothing, he stated why he vetoed the bill, if they don't like it, can you say "tough shit"?

Your concern for children rings hollow given your support of abortion.

Oh, please. You don't know what you're talking about, as usual. The right just wants everybody to have babies and once they are born you all couldn't care less what happens to them.

People are having sex in this world every minute of the day and night. It has been happening since the beginning of time and nothing will change it. Some do not welcome a pregnancy. That is just the way it is. They should have every option available to them to stop an unwanted child from being born.

My concern for children rings hollow?? No, it does not. Might I add that you have NO concern for children of any kind once they are here so shut up!!

you should be happy, you got the 10 commandments out of schools and public life,now you cry about the results!!!

As usual, you are completely wrong. I could care less if there is prayer in school. I'm not an atheist, I'm an agnostic. What I don't want is MANDATED religious studies. You're just not smart enough to figure out the difference.

Actually, it's sympathy you have...unless you've lost a first grade child to a gunman. Empathy comes from having experienced a similar tragedy.

Which I have.

Forum List

Back