Christie has zinger for trump

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
What's happening: Christie got great press for remarks he made last weekend at the Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas, where he argued Republicans need to focus on future fights rather than rehashing the 2020 election.

• That got under Trump's skin. He issued a harsh statement Monday saying Christie "was just absolutely massacred by his statements that Republicans have to move on from the past, meaning the 2020 Election Fraud."
  • "Everybody remembers," Trump added, "that Chris left New Jersey with a less than 9% approval rating — a record low, and they didn’t want to hear this from him!"
Christie had a zinger ready when I sat down with him Tuesday.

• "I'm not gonna get into a back-and-forth with Donald Trump," the former governor told me. "But what I will say is this: When I ran for reelection in 2013, I got 60% of the vote. When he ran for reelection, he lost to Joe Biden."
  • "I'm happy to have that comparison stand up, because that's the one that really matters," Christie added.

Do you think offending trump will hurt Christie?

What's happening: Christie got great press for remarks he made last weekend at the Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas, where he argued Republicans need to focus on future fights rather than rehashing the 2020 election.

• That got under Trump's skin. He issued a harsh statement Monday saying Christie "was just absolutely massacred by his statements that Republicans have to move on from the past, meaning the 2020 Election Fraud."
  • "Everybody remembers," Trump added, "that Chris left New Jersey with a less than 9% approval rating — a record low, and they didn’t want to hear this from him!"

• "I'm not gonna get into a back-and-forth with Donald Trump," the former governor told me. "But what I will say is this: When I ran for reelection in 2013, I got 60% of the vote. When he ran for reelection, he lost to Joe Biden."
  • "I'm happy to have that comparison stand up, because that's the one that really matters," Christie added.

He hasn't got a chance anyway. Nobody does until and unless tRump clearly states he will not run, and I don't see that happening.

Christie has had far too many "zingers" for sure. Along with donuts, Twinkies, little Debbies, and tasty cakes.

1636638121158.png

I can't see Christie running, much less winning, in 2024.

Even if he were to primary and defeat the Trumpster, the libs would literally crucify him over his weight as well as his closing of the GW Bridge as gov. No chance, Christie would be thoroughly schlonged and he knows it.

I can't see Christie running, much less winning, in 2024.

Even if he were to primary and defeat the Trumpster, the libs would literally crucify him over his weight as well as his closing of the GW Bridge as gov. No chance, Christie would be thoroughly schlonged and he knows it.

The only thing Christie is running for is a slot on MSNBCCP.

He hasn't got a chance anyway. Nobody does until and unless tRump clearly states he will not run, and I don't see that happening.
I ay someone has a chance if they are left early on one on one with Trump, like before Super Tuesday... Any later and they are robbing eacch other but Trump will just own the media...
Biden was given a long lead into Trump... Trump spent more time shooting himself in the foot, Biden really didn't need to do much...
Old saying in politics "If the other guy is digging a hole , don't stop him.."

Actual Quote:

Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself - Napoleon​

The only thing Christie is running for is a slot on MSNBCCP.

Trashing Trump is a good career move for him then.

But if Gov. Christie thinks that the libs will suddenly embrace him if he runs for office- he isn't a student of history.

McCain kissed Liberal Butt for a quarter century- and was literally flayed alive by the liberal hyenas when he actually got the nomination.

Another dinosaur RINO trying to make himself relevant.

The “Republican Jewish Coalition”? Now we need to elect Republicans based on their ethnic background? As if our government doesn’t have enough Jewish representation? Why can’t they just support actual conservatives?

Christie has had far too many "zingers" for sure. Along with donuts, Twinkies, little Debbies, and tasty cakes.

COVID ruined zingers. They have changed the filling formula or something. It more oily and less creamy. Noticed that in the Hostess cupcakes too.

Forum List

Back