Christians, What's Your View On Smoking, Drinking, and Gambling?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Well I don't smoke or gamble and the reasons are that I don't want health problems and it's tough to stop once I start (smoking) and gambling is called gambling for a reason because it's a gamble and you're more likely to lose money than win it,.. (although I sort of like the lottery I have to admit XD) but I do drink occasionally,.. just not so much that I would get drunk for two reasons; one,.. I believe it's a sin, two,.. I'm not interested in throwing up all night and having a hangover the next day.

Well I don't smoke or gamble and the reasons are that I don't want health problems and it's tough to stop once I start (smoking) and gambling is called gambling for a reason because it's a gamble and you're more likely to lose money than win it,.. (although I sort of like the lottery I have to admit XD) but I do drink occasionally,.. just not so much that I would get drunk for two reasons; one,.. I believe it's a sin, two,.. I'm not interested in throwing up all night and having a hangover the next day.
Not up to me to judge...I don't do those things, but it's not my business if you do.

Well democrats either will say they are all swell ideas or we should not judge, just like how they vote for Abortion on demand Joe Biden and company.

But yea, all that is foolish activity that will either kill you or make you wish your were dead.

Well I don't smoke or gamble and the reasons are that I don't want health problems and it's tough to stop once I start (smoking) and gambling is called gambling for a reason because it's a gamble and you're more likely to lose money than win it,.. (although I sort of like the lottery I have to admit XD) but I do drink occasionally,.. just not so much that I would get drunk for two reasons; one,.. I believe i

t's a sin, two,.. I'm not interested in throwing up all night and having a hangover the n

Christianity is a good thing... in moderat

A gambler's money has no home.

Last edited:
I don't do ANY of these now. My health is finally improving after almost dying from Covid a few months ago. Also, I have diabetes, so I have to watch my intake of any kind of alcohol, even beer. I DO miss it. I never smoked or gambled (Very little) so those aren't a problem for me. I see nothing wrong in doing any of these, as long as they're done in moderation.

I started smoking when I was 10. It was a "birthday present" from a so-called friend.
Not that they knew it was bad for your health either at that age.
It was just a thing you did to be cool and part of the crowd.
I been smoking for 46 years now. I've tried to quit, but it's not good for my attitude.
I never liked alcohol. I may have a sombrero or a pina colada once a year, that's about it.
BINGO! that was my gambling habit. 2,3-4 nights a week. I would spend 1/2 my paycheck trying to win a $50. game.
I don't go to bingo anymore.. lol

Smoking is my only vice. I know the health risks. I know the stigma's.
But nobody would like me very much if I quit.
If they stopped selling tobacco, then it might be easier.
I roll my own. I don't have a machine. I sit with an empty filter and fill it by hand with loose tobacco.
takes me at least 3 minutes just to make one cigarette.
I've gone from 3 packs a day of boxed cigs to less than a pack of rolling them myself.
I don't judge anyone for what they do with their own body. I'm no judge.
We all have to answer for ourselves someday.

HUGS

iu

Do you at least get laid?

Smoking? - at this point if you are a smoker you are either:
A) Young and dumb
B) Given up on life, nothing else is good so who cares if you die a horrible death later

Gambling? - depends. Playing the stock market, today, is definitely a game. You are constantly laying bets, taking returns or limiting your losses and laying more bets. Outright gambling? - again it depends. If you play to play and have fun, and only lose a small amount you can afford - then you are not gambling, you are simply "paying admission" to have fun. But if you risk more than you can afford - then see the 2 answers for smoking.

Drinking? - depends. On how much/often you drink.

I don't do ANY of these now. My health is finally improving after almost dying from Covid a few months ago. Also, I have diabetes, so I have to watch my intake of any kind of alcohol, even beer. I DO miss it. I never smoked or gambled (Very little) so those aren't a problem for me. I see nothing wrong in doing any of these, as long as they're done in moderation.

I'm glad you're doing better. :)

Do you at least get laid?

That wasn't any of the questions that I asked so why should I have to answer this?

From my own personal experience, most so-called 'religious' people are hypocrites, generally, for lack of a better description. I was raised in a Catholic family and they almost all smoked, drank and gambled , and my family was "normal middle class' supposedly. Our dysfunction paled in comparison to many others.

From my own personal experience, most so-called 'religious' people are hypocrites, generally, for lack of a better description. I was raised in a Catholic family and they almost all smoked, drank and gambled , and my family was "normal middle class' supposedly. Our dysfunction paled in comparison to many others.
I also was raised in a Christian family. Not much smoking and drinking but a lot of gambling. I know there are many good sincere Christians who walk the walk. There are also those who I think use religion and church as some sort of a Sin drive through car wash. Show up in church on Sunday and whoosh! Sins washed away and they're ready for another week of whoopdeedoo.

I'm glad to see a lot of people who have never had to or have kicked the habit of smoking.
It's a hard habit to break. And after 46 years... well I'm still not willing.
And it has to be a willingness or it doesn't work.

Young folk today have this other thing called vaping. I'm not even sure what that is.
Or they've moved from tobacco to marijuana.
There will ALWAYS be SOMETHING for SOMEONE to criticize. If it's not smoking it will be language, or laziness, or eating habits,
the way you dress, the area you live in , the company you keep, the people you marry or live with, your kids..
We wasn't put on this earth to impress each other. We are here to help each other grow in the knowledge and Love of God.
He will judge us all when the day is through. And we'll all reap the wages we have earned for good or bad.

Seeing I'm not the one writing the check, and no one is accountable to me..
I just live and let live..
and Let God.

Hugs

Forum List

Back