Christians & Jews: Why did God the Keys of Jerusalem to the Muslims?

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
May not a be a simple question. But I'm wondering. Since the holy land is so significant in these two religions. Why did this happen?

May not a be a simple question. But I'm wondering. Since the holy land is so significant in these two religions. Why did this happen?

It's not even a grammatically correct question. So of course it isnt simple

Not to mention it's completely unclear what you mean by keys of jerusalem. Last time I checked, Israel had control of Jerusalem.

• Banned
I'm obviously not referring to modern day. And what I mean is the land. Holy Land is significant in these religions and the followers know it means something if God handed the keys of Jerusalem to the Muslims.

• Banned
Perhaps Christians and Jews would argue that this is their greatest test yet.

I'm not joining Jews and Christians together because they are a separate and different people. I would like a Jewish answer and a Christian answer because they mean different things to those two people.

But again, the Jews control Israel.

I'm not referring to modern times. God gave the Muslims the keys to Jerusalem back then. What message was he trying to send?

Considering the Christians controlled Jerusalem for a quite a large period of the crusades and jews control it now, when exactly are you claiming the Muslims controlled it and why do you think it is significant?

Well considering the significance of this land to Jewish people. At the time of the Israelites. It was a land they were supposed to dwell in but also Jerusalem was a very holy and sacred land with sacred Temples, etc.. If God has something in them being chosen and guided to the land, then that must mean he also knows that the Ummayad and Rashidun Calphates would eventually takeover Jerusalem and Islamic holy places are located there now. I haven't seen explanation to the sequence of these events. It can't be free will. Something in the scriptures, someone must have warned that God would raise a people or gentiles to dwell in the Holy Land. Either something is wrong. Or maybe we can say God did guide Muslims for some reasons?

Forum List

Back