Do you vote your faith?

• Yes, I always vote my faith

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • I vote my faith on some issues

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I never vote my faith

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
For all that she maintains she's trying to gain understanding, it's odd that she refuses to clarify.

It's a bait thread.

We can begin with U.S. Acceptance of Gay/Lesbian Relations Is the New Normal

That means that many of those who accept same sex relationships are Christians.

So, your position is based on what other people do, as opposed, to your own conviction? It seems that you are confusing issues. We either accept or reject each other, based on who we are, that's Individual choice and a matter of conscience, one way or the other. I personally don't reject a person based their choice of life style, I just look past our differences, knowing that God doesn't make mistakes, even though we all do. We are of more value to Him and each other than the sum value of the choices we make. Let's try to distinguish between that, and being pressured to condone behaviors that we do Not personally condone. It's okay for people to disagree, why the need to try to push what any mob thinks is morally acceptable, regardless right or wrong, seems odd. Should we each force decrees on others, demanding that they bend a knee to our fetishes and obsessions, persecuting those who resist? Is that your definition of Utopia? It's not mine. I don't see any place there for live and let live.

My older sister is openly gay. She and her partner have been together 29 years.
Due largely to this experience I am not homophobic at all. In fact I believe homophobia is wrong.
I get inot to hot water with other Christians on this issue all the time. I don't care I stick to my guns.
I know the awful things my sister went through.

I am persuaded that mistreatment of lesbians and gays socially or via public policy/satutes should not happen.

I would be a lot more inclined to cut the homo lobby slack if they weren't also the anti-Christian, anti-baby lobby.

Oh well.

Just another leftist thread looking to take shots at Christianity. Nothing to see here folks!

Not pot shots...seeking understanding.

I vote by my conscience, Seawytch. Not by a politician who claims to be a christian while I am seeing otherwise. It could be the other candidate has far more flaws but his transparency is real and he isn't promising something he can't do. Maybe he listens to his conscience more than the person running as a christian. I've seen that before too.

Who can know the heart of a man? Or woman? Proverbs tells us this. So it is the fruit in that persons life we are looking at. Not what they are telling us. If we follow our own conscience of right and wrong - knowing the importance of the decision - do the right thing - does that reflect the actions of a christian following his / her conscience or an individual who is just listening to his / her conscience and looking to do the right thing? (who may not be a christian)

I ty to vote for the candidate that steals less, lies less, has a certain amount of knowledge and intellegence, and who has more dedication to serving the public, rather than himself. Basicly, I am given only two real choices in the matter. A good example is the 1991 Louisianna governor election between David Duke, the Grand Wizard of the KKK, and Edwin Edwards, the crook. The crook won, which was predictable by tradition, but was a little too greedy, and has been in the slammer for years. Folks in Louiisianna consider fraud by polititians to be acceptable and inevitable at between 2% and 3% of the cost of living there. Above that, they get irritated and send their polititians to prison.

Sometimes the chioce is easy. For example, Nixon was so over the top that it was impossible to find anyone to run against him that was worse than he was. Bush II was another example of this. Other times, it isn't so clear cut. Obama and McCain were pretty well matched in that each offset the other's weaknesses....until McCain added a running mate that had the intellegence of a sack of hammers. Of course, Obama's choice is a clown, but he is good hearted and probably steals less than the average polititian.

It's quite clear.

Do you walk the walk with your vote to match your talk.

My faith doesn't tell me who to vote for, it dfoesn't even require me to vote. In order for me to vote my faith I would need to have clear induction that my faith requires me to vote in a certain way. The only group I am familiar with that believes that way are Jehovah's Witnesses, and they follow their faith by not voting at all.

Thanks, I'll wait for the OP to say what she meant.

It could mean different things. It could mean do you vote in order to promote your faith, do you vote for people who share your faith, or do you vote in accordance with your faith.
In my case it would be the latter, always.

I'm going to try to post a poll but I've never done it so bear with me.

The question is, do you vote your faith?

1. Yes, I always vote my faith

2. I vote my faith on some issues (clarify)

3. I never vote my faith and only use reason and logic in the voting booth

You are assuming that reason and logic are antagonistic to faith. That right there puts this in troll thread territory.

You're right, they don't always have to be antagonistic...which is why the poll question itself was changed.

So are you going to clarify what exactly is meant by "voting your faith"....or not?

New Topics

Forum List

Back