Which eastern religious thesis says that ...

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
... that every reality is like a process of dreaming by a higher reality, which in turn itself too is a process of dreaming by an even higher reality, and so on. And does that thesis claim a finite number of layers of realities or infinite?

... that every reality is like a process of dreaming by a higher reality, which in turn itself too is a process of dreaming by an even higher reality, and so on. And does that thesis claim a finite number of layers of realities or infinite?
Juadaism.
I know you weren't expecting that answer because you never studied kabbalah.

Juadaism.
Very interesting. I am not pulling people's legs here, so would be interesting to hear more of this.

The general premise is, that a soul is eternal, because it is a part of the universe, unlike the physical body which is rather like some consequence.

So if eternity of the soul is only because it is part of the universe, then this eternity and the entire universe is only as eternal as a day before the Observer falls asleep, because nobody can put a time point when he himself has fallen asleep.

Juadaism.
Very interesting. I am not pulling people's legs here, so would be interesting to hear more of this.

The general premise is, that a soul is eternal, because it is a part of the universe, unlike the physical body which is rather like some consequence.

So if eternity of the soul is only because it is part of the universe, then this eternity and the entire universe is only as eternal as a day before the Observer falls asleep, because nobody can put a time point when he himself has fallen asleep.
You are presuming the Creator is subject to the created rules of the Creator.
I do not subject my Creator to rules in any manner whatsoever.

Juadaism.

That would create a circular system indeed. Kabbalah is very complicated, and it seems to provide a finite number of layers notably 10 if I understand it correctly. I therefore see that it describes the source of suffering in general, a similar effort to what Buddhism and Hinduism try to do too. But then the question becomes, how does the system not get stuck?

Is there are only finite possible layers of reality dreams, then all aspects of creation would eventually freeze in various layers. This would then affect the godhead. I don't have much understanding, but it seems to suggest that the power of God can be transferred to created beings which seems false. Does kabbalah hold the possibility of such transfer?

That the essence of life would be eternal is almost implicit in its existence. That does not mean that consciousness as we experience it in our bodily form goes on in the same way after this said form undergoes what we call death. Probably, the best we can hope for is to achieve a state of serenity where we experience and appreciate both the ephemeral and the eternal.

Juadaism.

That would create a circular system indeed. Kabbalah is very complicated, and it seems to provide a finite number of layers notably 10 if I understand it correctly. I therefore see that it describes the source of suffering in general, a similar effort to what Buddhism and Hinduism try to do too. But then the question becomes, how does the system not get stuck?

Is there are only finite possible layers of reality dreams, then all aspects of creation would eventually freeze in various layers. This would then affect the godhead. I don't have much understanding, but it seems to suggest that the power of God can be transferred to created beings which seems false. Does kabbalah hold the possibility of such transfer?
The Creator has neither beginning nor end because that would indicate a defined existence.
The creation is specifically not infinite.

What most people miss is that the Zohar is simply the Torah not corrupted by the Greek Septuagint or the Torah (enlightenment) translated into any language other then Hebrew.

I presume you don't know Hebrew; If you don't learn it, don't bother dwelling into it.
The shapes of the letters, the order of the alef-bet as well as the order in which they appear in the Torah aka the Blueprint of Creation, have seemingly insights.
Moshe Rabbbeinu lived until his 120th birthday, spoke with the Creator face to face and yet pleaded with the Creator to see the Creator's Creation, not even the Creator, because Moshe knew that a Creation could not perceive the Creator.

Kabbalah is simplicity itself (maybe); it just takes about 80 years to get to the point where you realize this.
Each aspect of the sefirot contains all the others in a seemingly infinite number of combinations.

I have no idea what your source is that Kabbalah concerns itself with suffering; not at all.
If you have a "traditional" Jewish source, let me know.
I wouldn't waste my life studying the source of suffering or why we suffer simply because suffering itself is a by-product of veering off your search for The Truth.
The Truth...sounds mysterious, doesn't it.
The Truth is what the Creator wants us to be involved in...to study and live the Guidebook he gave us...The Torah.
The bad guys and gals are in The Torah to guide us in how The Creator wants us to react to Bad people.
One thing for sure, don't be Bad.

Your grave mistake is thinking that the finite nature of the Created indicates a finite Creator.
For myself, any religion that describes a finite Creator is not worth my while.

Juadaism.

Actually we can pinpoint the time a person falls asleep and we can also pinpoint the times a person was dreaming

Juadaism.

The Creator has neither beginning nor end because that would indicate a defined existence.

What most people miss is that the Zohar is simply the Torah not corrupted by the Greek Septuagint or the Torah (enlightenment) translated into any language other then Hebrew.

I presume you don't know Hebrew; If you don't learn it, don't bother dwelling into it.
The shapes of the letters, the order of the alef-bet as well as the order in which they appear in the Torah aka the Blueprint of Creation, have seemingly insights.
Moshe Rabbbeinu lived until his 120th birthday, spoke with the Creator face to face and yet pleaded with the Creator to see the Creator's Creation, not even the Creator, because Moshe knew that a Creation could not perceive the Creator.

Kabbalah is simplicity itself (maybe); it just takes about 80 years to get to the point where you realize this.
Each aspect of the sefirot contains all the others in a seemingly infinite number of combinations.

I have no idea what your source is that Kabbalah concerns itself with suffering; not at all.
I wouldn't waste my life studying the source of suffering or why we suffer simply because suffering itself is a by-product of veering off your search for The Truth.
The Truth is what the Creator wants us to be involved in...to study and live the Guidebook he gave us...The Torah.
The bad guys and gals are in The Torah to guide us in how The Creator wants us to react to Bad people.

Your grave mistake is thinking that the finite nature of the Created indicates a finite Creator.
Ok so going with the logic that only the creator is eternal and the creation is finite, why do all religions then claim that the soul is eternal and infinite?

Juadaism.

Actually we can pinpoint the time a person falls asleep and we can also pinpoint the times a person was dreaming
It is not possible. To do that, you need to be an outsider, you can't be the person that is doing the falling asleep.

Juadaism.

Ok so going with the logic that only the creator is eternal and the creation is finite, why do all religions then claim that the soul is eternal and infinite?
Because the Truth is scary.
No other religion wants to admit that God alone is the true source of our very existence, they want to believe they exist separate from God.
If you knew how to translate the first 7 words of the Torah, you would understand that Creation never ends and that we exist by dint of God "constantly" willing us into existence.

Juadaism.

It is not possible. To do that, you need to be an outsider, you can't be the person that is doing the falling asleep.
No all you need is an EEG set up next to your bed.

Juadaism.

But you can't be reading your eeg outputs in the same time as falling asleep.

Juadaism.

You don't have to because you can still determine when you fell asleep and when you were dreaming.

In fact with the lucid dreaming technique one can actually not only know when he is dreaming but can to an extent control the dream

Juadaism.

You don't have to because you can still determine when you fell asleep and when you were dreaming.

In fact with the lucid dreaming technique one can actually not only know when he is dreaming but can to an extent control the dream
I would say that that is not real sleeping then.

Juadaism.

I would say that that is not real sleeping then.

It is. In the different stages of the sleep cycle REM sleep is where the mind is most active and with practice one can to some extent learn to recognize when he is dreaming.

Juadaism.

The soul is NOT eternal. The Bible contradicts the lie Satan told Eve in Genesis 3:4

That is a common doctrine in all false religions misled by Satan - not just Christendom. The Bible says the soul dies:

Ezekiel 18:4
Ezekiel 18:4
(ABP+) ForG3754 allG3956 theG3588 soulsG5590 are mine;G1699 G1510.2.6 in whichG3739 mannerG5158 theG3588 soulG5590 of theG3588 father,G3962 alsoG2532 theG3588 soulG5590 of theG3588 son;G5207 they are mine.G1699 G1510.2.6 TheG3588 soulG5590 G3588 sinning,G264 this oneG3778 shall die.G599

That is Greek psyche for soul in the Jewish Greek Septuagint translation. The Hebrew word for soul is H5315/nephesh:

(KJV+) Behold,H2005 allH3605 soulsH5315 are mine; as the soulH5315 of the father,H1 so also the soulH5315 of the sonH1121 is mine: the soulH5315 that sinneth,H2398 itH1931 shall die.H4191

Last edited:

Forum List

Back