Christian Fundamentalist Attorney Sends Ominous Letter to TN Clerks

Those that believe the Supreme Court is going to rehear Obergefell v. Hodges are fooling themselves as they lack any standing. Those bringing the challenge are going to have to show how the married poofs down the street have harmed them measurably. You're going to need bring more than your hurt feelings, pearl-clutching, and, prognostications of doom if you wish to have the courts even consider the case.

That's certainly a good point. But if you look back at the case of the city of Sodom, where even normative folks like Lot lost his home when Almighty God was pissed at the Gay Community and even lost his wife who was turned into a pillar of sodium chloride.
Social morals for free from a God is all it may require not the Expense of Government.

Simply having Government means there are merely not enough morals for free under Capitalism on the right wing and Job 34:30 applies.

We are talking legal marriage....do try to stay on topic....if you can.

Responding to the bolded part, dippy.
Do try to stay on topic, segregationist.

Again, responding to a statement.

And what segregation?

You are a nanny state fascist twat.
You want separation based on sexual orientation when it comes to treatment under the law. That's segregation. Surely you knew what the word meant, right?

I want common sense to dictate that someone's free exercise overrides the need to a specific contracted cake.

Is a Jewish Butcher not selling pork segregation?
No. Not selling their usual products to other customers based on their Religious preference may be.

Responding to the bolded part, dippy.

And what segregation?

You want separation based on sexual orientation when it comes to treatment under the law. That's segregation. Surely you knew what the word meant, right?

I want common sense to dictate that someone's free exercise overrides the need to a specific contracted cake.

No. Not selling their usual products to other customers based on their Religious preference may be.

Who made that rule up?

And what segregation?

Who made that rule up?
Public accommodation.

And what segregation?

Who made that rule up?
Public accommodation.

Point of sale you can make a case for. Contracted services are not PA's.

"Evangelical Christian" is a dog whistle for Democrat bigots

No. Evangelicals are an out-of-control, arrogant, authoritarian cult that does not have much to do with anything Jesus taught. They think that they are entitled to rule the U.S., other Christians and non-Christians alike. They are intent on destroying the Christian faith from within.
seeeee

It is pure bigotry just like under Jim Crow
Has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with appeasing a customer base that sets gays

Your view is bigotry as well, bigotry against those who follow their religious beliefs.
You are welcome to follow your religious beliefs and hate anyone you wish
Your business is not

Why not? Where in the Constitution does it say you lose your rights when you try to sell something?
Constitution uses the words......persons

Businesses are not persons

Persons run businesses. These are not corporations, but small businesses run by small groups of people, or even single persons.

Again, why does a person lose their rights when they try to sell something?
Doesn’t matter

Hey negro, go find somewhere else to eat because we don’t serve negroes here

Is no longer allowed

I think this man is doing this because there are two new judges on the court. He thinks that those two judges will throw out marriage equality.

Why do people believe they have the right to force everyone to live their way of life and don't have the freedom to choose within outlaws? I mean you people are free to live your life the way you want. Why do you feel you have the right to force everyone to live their lives your way?

No one is hurt by gay couples getting married. Just leave those people alone to live their lives with the same freedoms you enjoy.

Christian Fundamentalist Attorney Sends Ominous Letter to TN Clerks - Out & About Nashville - LGBT news, events and gay guide
Where is the ominous part of the letter ? Clickbait garbage to inspire the lefts constant artificially induced outrage.

Maybe the part where he threatens them for violating the Tennessee Constitution?

What I think you are failing to understand is that Gay Marriage is a very controversial issue that's going to end up being brought to court. County clerks who collaborate with this abomination will be caught on the wrong side of history.
It has had its day in court
Gays are allowed to marry and we ain’t going back

Conservatives, who lost in court, are trying a new tactic
The Gubmint may allow you to marry....but good luck finding a reception hall, caterer, wedding invitations, flowers, limos, hotels or a wedding cake

I think this man is doing this because there are two new judges on the court. He thinks that those two judges will throw out marriage equality.

Why do people believe they have the right to force everyone to live their way of life and don't have the freedom to choose within outlaws? I mean you people are free to live your life the way you want. Why do you feel you have the right to force everyone to live their lives your way?

No one is hurt by gay couples getting married. Just leave those people alone to live their lives with the same freedoms you enjoy.

Christian Fundamentalist Attorney Sends Ominous Letter to TN Clerks - Out & About Nashville - LGBT news, events and gay guide
Where is the ominous part of the letter ? Clickbait garbage to inspire the lefts constant artificially induced outrage.

Maybe the part where he threatens them for violating the Tennessee Constitution?

What I think you are failing to understand is that Gay Marriage is a very controversial issue that's going to end up being brought to court. County clerks who collaborate with this abomination will be caught on the wrong side of history.

The Gubmint may allow you to marry....but good luck finding a reception hall, caterer, wedding invitations, flowers, limos, hotels or a wedding cake

The opposition to gay marriage is an extreme minority, except when liberal governing administrations try to force, and infringe their doctrines on religious institutions...Most people day to day don't really care, and as for businesses, I don't see many that will refuse to take the money of a customer for a good or service, unless it has to do with religious aspects...So, in those cases there are certainly others that will complete the good or service without restriction...

The only reason this is that big an issue IMHO, is because those that are refused make it such...If those aggrevied took their money elsewhere, it is likely that the businesses involved would probably go under on their own....But this isn't about gaining the good or service, and more about trying to control people in a free country.

Your view is bigotry as well, bigotry against those who follow their religious beliefs.
Your business is not

Why not? Where in the Constitution does it say you lose your rights when you try to sell something?

Persons run businesses. These are not corporations, but small businesses run by small groups of people, or even single persons.

Doesn’t matter

Is no longer allowed

All you have is comparison to race. You just ignore all other parts of the discussion.

What is the compelling government interest in forcing a baker to bake a cake they don't want to bake?

The Supreme Court had looked back on issues before, why not with this?

Your business is not

Doesn’t matter

Is no longer allowed

Interesting point of view, so you don't see any difference between being black and taking it in the caboose?

You ought to drive down to the ghetto this afternoon and hang out on the street corner with the brothers and discuss your theorem with them.

Not procreating is a very courageous and wise decision for a growing number of traditionally married couples. I commend them for thinking it through.
Then what is the point in getting married?

It doesn't matter. Years ago when I worked as a hostess in a popular downtown DC steakhouse, I had the pleasure of meeting a couple in their 80s, who had just gotten married a few days before. No, they were not going to have eight children, but yes, they were very happy to have found each other again after being high-school sweethearts decades earlier. Of course, there are legal reasons for getting married, as well as to make public their commitment to each other. But in the end, it's nobody else's damned business.
You’re using the anecdotal to upset an entire process and to justify something undeserving. That’s a typical dishonest left wing strategy.

Not procreating is a very courageous and wise decision for a growing number of traditionally married couples. I commend them for thinking it through.

It doesn't matter. Years ago when I worked as a hostess in a popular downtown DC steakhouse, I had the pleasure of meeting a couple in their 80s, who had just gotten married a few days before. No, they were not going to have eight children, but yes, they were very happy to have found each other again after being high-school sweethearts decades earlier. Of course, there are legal reasons for getting married, as well as to make public their commitment to each other. But in the end, it's nobody else's damned business.
You’re using the anecdotal to upset an entire process and to justify something undeserving. That’s a typical dishonest left wing strategy.
No process is being upset. The couple who I know who got married did it the same as so many other couples do; the license, the courthouse ceremony, signing the legal documents. There is nothing "undeserving" about it. And there is nothing "dishonest" involved.

You are the one contending that the ability and intention to reproduce is a necessary prerequisite for marriage. I don't. I thought that this couple were delightful, particularly when the wife said to me, "my dear, I don't feel a day over 50!" and her new husband said "no, my dear, you don't."

I hope that they enjoyed many good years together. This is what I hope for everybody.

No process is being upset. The couple who I know who got married did it the same as so many other couples do; the license, the courthouse ceremony, signing the legal documents. There is nothing "undeserving" about it. And there is nothing "dishonest" involved.

You are the one contending that the ability and intention to reproduce is a necessary prerequisite for marriage. I don't. I thought that this couple were delightful, particularly when the wife said to me, "my dear, I don't feel a day over 50!" and her new husband said "no, my dear, you don't."

I hope that they enjoyed many good years together. This is what I hope for everybody.
You didn’t respond to my post. You only doubled-down on your wag-the-dog rationalization.

You didn’t respond to my post. You only doubled-down on your wag-the-dog rationalization.

I responded to your post, as per your personal e-mail to me. It is evident that you are obsessed with this subject, but your theories are getting boring. Give it up, Jack.

I responded to your post, as per your personal e-mail to me. It is evident that you are obsessed with this subject, but your theories are getting boring. Give it up, Jack.
But your response was a dodge.

Forum List

Back