Christ is real

Shall we try a perspective that may be meaningful to both of us? First, to whom was Christ speaking and about what?

We might be able to agree that he want not speaking to rulers and populations about how to treat armies and other nations. Rather, he was speaking to individuals about how to treat others in their families and communities. What say you? Can we agree on that part?

If so, when did Jesus say to torture those with whom we are at odds? Rather, when he addresses people who were threatened with a lawsuit, he recommended settling on the way to court. If someone in authority commanded you to take up their burden and carry it for a mile, he said, Carry it for two. We are all familiar with the adage, "Go the extra mile."

He taught, Keep the Commandments. If we come across foreigners on our way who need help, help them. If one of our children rebels and turns against all we have taught and given him, but returns home, welcome him back. In fact, throw a party.
What is all that doubletalk about. Regardless of who you think he was speaking, all the evil I named are still evil.

Is there any evil that the bible doesn't condone? It's a serious question.
You're wasting my time with your blind faith in what can only be described as evil.

What is all that doubletalk about. Regardless of who you think he was speaking, all the evil I named are still evil.
Weren't we speaking about what the Bible teaches? Isn't what I presented teachings from the Bible?

When did Jesus tell any of us his followers to torture someone? Another story: When one of Jesus' followers cut off the ear of his enemy, Jesus healed the ear.

There have been more Christian hospitals and missions that heal than any Christian/Jewish organization that has called for torture or slavery. You know that's right.

That which I believe in is not a problem for me.
I don't promote evil.
Atheism is not a religion, it is the lack of belief in all of the gods and all superstitious beliefs being promoted by religions.
That makes it impossible for an atheist as so defined, to support evil.

Some Christians may support evil.
greetings
then you have met one that just loves for whatever they or as you believe in, Christians do not support evil they are lying, but no one is perfect, then I will give you, what is one supposed to do is to love you unconditional

imagesCA9EL340.jpg

Is there any evil that the bible doesn't condone? It's a serious question.
You're wasting my time with your blind faith in what can only be described as evil.
My faith is to love God and love my fellow man. As a rabbi remarked long ago, the Bible summary is the command to love God and our fellowman. The rest is commentary.

and for the record because of what I see, here my love for Christ is unconditional but to covert to Christianity time
I gave you Christ

Christ is real​

My faith is to love God and love my fellow man. As a rabbi remarked long ago, the Bible summary is the command to love God and our fellowman. The rest is commentary.
If it was long ago then the Rabbi may have been able to reconcile all the exaggerations, fantasies, lies, and superstitious nonsense claimed by the bibles.

Now in this 21st. century Christians are reducing to trying to make it out as truth that can't be possibly be literally true.

The 3rd. edition was past due to be written in 1940 at the very latest.

There have been more Christian hospitals and missions that heal than any Christian/Jewish organization that has called for torture or slavery. You know that's right.
Most people didn't take up the bible's invitation to do all of the evils the bible recommended.

Really, is there any evil known to man that the bible doesn't condone in some form?

Now in this 21st. century Christians are reducing to trying to make it out as truth that can't be possibly be literally true.
I was never taught the Bible is literally true; nor was my mother; nor my grandmother. Today, only 24% of Americans believe all Bible stories are literally true. Years ago, when I was teenager, the number of Americans who believed all Bible stories literally true was 30%. The truth is not the story, but is in the story, in the lessons the stories teach us.

Most people didn't take up the bible's invitation to do all of the evils the bible recommended.
That is because first and foremost, the Bible teaches us to love God and His commandments and to love our fellowman. The Bible also illustrates what happened when populations failed in this.

What evil is the Bible instructing you to do?
Your bible doesn't instruct me. I don't need to be told what is right and what is wrong. If you do then you're forced to live a life of contradiction of the bible's teaching.

Do you believe it's right to own slaves, or do you look elsewhere than your bible for moral guidance?

I was never taught the Bible is literally true; nor was my mother; nor my grandmother. Today, only 24% of Americans believe all Bible stories are literally true. Years ago, when I was teenager, the number of Americans who believed all Bible stories literally true was 30%. The truth is not the story, but is in the story, in the lessons the stories teach us.
I know you're lying to me if you say that your grandmother didn't believe that most of the bible was literally true.

And for the remainder that couldn't possibly be true, she didn't ever think of questioning.

Your bible doesn't instruct me. I don't need to be told what is right and what is wrong. If you do then you're forced to live a life of contradiction of the bible's teaching.
Those of us who read the Bible also know what is right and wrong. We can easily see when people were right and when they were wrong. We can see the changes as time went on.

When we truly dig into the history and culture of the time, what was called "slavery" was more like indentured servitude. When a man was destitute, he could hire himself out as a slave. Note the Bible's instructions when a man and his slave were caught out at night with only one blanket or cloak between them. The slave got the blanket/cloak.

Do you believe it's right to own slaves, or do you look elsewhere than your bible for moral guidance?
Like the greater majority of people at the time, I couldn't afford to bring on a slave. Nice to know I could hire myself out if I were in dire straights.

Keep in mind, Biblical slavery was nothing like eighteenth and nineteenth century slavery in America. That slavery was a product of the Big Business at the time...cotton, tobacco, indigo industries. Even in our own country, four out of five people never owned slaves; three out of four families never owned slaves. Americans, as a whole, never condoned slavery. Big Business did. Big Business wasn't an issue in Biblical times.

I know you're lying to me if you say that your grandmother didn't believe that most of the bible was literally true.

And for the remainder that couldn't possibly be true, she didn't ever think of questioning.
My grandmother taught me evolution. She taught me the Bible. She was a life-long Catholic, married to an atheist. Of course she questioned! Too bad you never met her, or someone like her.

His promotion of evil in so many ways is one of the main reasons decent people turn against Christianity and become atheists.
And in this way He will separate the chaff from the wheat (actually the chaff separates itself)

And in this way He will separate the chaff from the wheat (actually the chaff separates itself)
And so your god encourages evil being done by his followers, for the purpose of separating them from those who choose to not obey his demands for evil, as he instructs in his bible.

Personally, I am refusing his directions. My moral senses have caused me to accept to burn forever in the lake of fire.

However, I will have to sometime make a decision on which Christian religion to reject, due to the 'lade of fire' not being relevant to some of the cults.

I'm not sure of all the different choices yet because I just haven't had enough interest to find out?

Forum List

Back