Chris Chripie is getting ripped for his 'insane' comment on vaccinations

Christie clarifies comments on measles vaccine after call for 8216 balance 8217 causes stir - The Washington Post

Chris Christie walked back comments he made here Monday morning calling for "balance" on the measles vaccine debate to allow for parental choice, asserting that "there is no question kids should be vaccinated."

Chris Christie is getting ripped for his insane comment on vaccinations - Business Insider

Some parents say measles vaccines are linked to autism and choose not to vaccinate their kids; this idea has been widely debunked by the federal government and medical community, which say the anti-vaccine movement has contributed to a resurgence in measles cases.

------------------------------------
The most hilarious part of this is the part where Chrispie "imprisoned" the women he was afraid had Ebola.
Remember, scientists said leave her alone and vaccinate children. Guess Moby knows more than scientists. Just like most Republicans.
Apparently you struggle with the concepts of freedom and public safety.

Are vaccinations a good thing? I, ME, MYSELF believe they are and had my child get them. In a free country someone else may decide that isn't the right decision and not get theirs vaccinated. That's freedom. Forcing people to get a vaccination isn't freedom it's a police state where government gets to decide how you will act.

Now, on the other side of your argument you have a nurse, not just a clerk at a store or anything but a fucking nurse that was exposed to Ebola and refused to voluntary 30 day isolation. She was exposed to disease we knew was spreading yet still wouldn't take the steps all of the medical community deemed frugal in order to prevent the spread. She's an asshole and indeed at that point made a poor decision that needed some force for her to comply with. How you think this parallels with vaccination I don't know.

But here's my question and I honestly don't know the answer. How does an un-vaccinated child get measles and transfer it to children who have been vaccinated? Is everyone that has gotten this so far all cases of people that weren't vaccinated at all? And if that's the case then why do you give a shit? Vaccinate your kids and head for Disney since the only people that should be concerned about it are the ones that didn't get the shots.

Forcing people to get vaccinated is not a police state - it's public health.

Vaccinations only work if enough of the population is protected to protect those who truly can't get vaccinated due to serious health issues vs those who just don't wanna.

Wait a second....it's "insane" to want public policy to strike a balance that respects a parent's right to choose medical procedures for their children? Holy Hell, we really are fucked.
Yes, that is what we now call 'moderates.' People who think that freedom is disgusting.

And you will be called a wacko or far right loon for thinking that people should be free to choose anything.

So the government should just allow a child to die that could be saved? Of course, I am talking to someone that hates government and believes that only a few people at the top at a corporation should control everything.
Liberals do just that with abortion. But they call that a choice. Killing a child is a choice not immunizing them isn't I guess.
Yes it is

Pregnancy is not a communicable disease
To hear you assholes talk about it you would think it's a death sentence for any woman to become pregnant.
Actually, it is a legal procedure available through much of the world

Hard to believe that vaccines available for over 50 years are now viewed as evil by conservatives

Wait a second....it's "insane" to want public policy to strike a balance that respects a parent's right to choose medical procedures for their children? Holy Hell, we really are fucked.
What balance is there for the children who are too young to get vaccinated? If they contract measles and die because you're a dumbass who didn't vaccinate their child, then I don't see any balance at all.

If you can't take care of your own kids, you're the dumbass for having them.

Since when did parents have the right to choose whether or not to endanger their children and everyone else's?

Parents have always had the right to make decisions about their child's well being. If you want to get your child vaccinated then do so. What's next, are we going to start surgically attaching condoms to teenagers so they don't get AIDS?

Funny how facts are ignored because they dont fit the lie of the moment most anti vacs are libs...........right from medical community

So the government should just allow a child to die that could be saved?

Yes, the government should allow people to die. It's not the government's job to choose medical procedures for our children. There are plenty of cases where children die because their parents think prayer is more effective than an appendectomy. It's tragic. But that's their choice. Not yours. Not mine. Not the government's.

So, you do not believe that children should have special legal protection. Therefore, there should be no such thing as statutory rape, child endangerment laws, child neglect laws, child molestation laws, and child abuse laws. in addition, you would give children the right to make legal contracts and to be held accountable for any contract that they sign. if a parent fails to feed his child, the government should stay out of the matter, right?

I don't think that you have thought this through.

Apparently you struggle with the concepts of freedom and public safety.

Are vaccinations a good thing? I, ME, MYSELF believe they are and had my child get them. In a free country someone else may decide that isn't the right decision and not get theirs vaccinated. That's freedom. Forcing people to get a vaccination isn't freedom it's a police state where government gets to decide how you will act.

Okay, so if you are a Libertarian or anti-Vax asshole, i guess you are perfectly free to let your kid die of a disease we already have under control... I guess. But what about all the kids your little Germ-bomb is going to expose to these diseases who are too young to get vaccinated? I kind of like this issue, it shows how fucked up Libertarians are and

When the government wants to stick a wand in a woman's vagina to take a picture of her fetus before she can have an abortion, that's a gross invasion of her body and privacy.

When the government sticks a needle in a child's arm and injects them with a medication, it just as much an invasion of their body and privacy.

So the government should just allow a child to die that could be saved?

Yes, the government should allow people to die. It's not the government's job to choose medical procedures for our children. There are plenty of cases where children die because their parents think prayer is more effective than an appendectomy. It's tragic. But that's their choice. Not yours. Not mine. Not the government's.

So, you do not believe that children should have special legal protection. Therefore, there should be no such thing as statutory rape, child endearment laws, child neglect laws, child molestation laws, and child abuse laws. in addition, you would give children the right to make legal contracts and to be held accountable for any contract that they sign. if a parent fails to feed his child, the government should stay out of the matter, right?

He has thought this through and this is what he believes. These losertrians would cut government no matter if it good or bad. This isn't leadership but pure loony crap.

So, you do not believe that children should have special legal protection. Therefore, there should be no such thing as statutory rape, child endearment laws, child neglect laws, child molestation laws, and child abuse laws. in addition, you would give children the right to make legal contracts and to be held accountable for any contract that they sign. if a parent fails to feed his child, the government should stay out of the matter, right?

Parents make decisions for their children. That is the way it has always been. When a child has appendicitis, their parent must consent to any medical treatment. If the parents want to reject treatment in favor of prayer, that is their right. And it leads to the child dying. Do I like that it happens? No. But that's how a free society works.

Women have been catching pregnancy from men since the dawn of time.

So, If Typhoid Mary gives 35 people typhoid by working as a cook, and some of them die, then it is not the government's business. they should just let good ol' Mary continue to make custard down at the local café....

Parents make decisions for their children. That is the way it has always been. When a child has appendicitis, their parent must consent to any medical treatment. If the parents want to reject treatment in favor of prayer, that is their right. And it leads to the child dying. Do I like that it happens? No. But that's how a free society works.

There have been MANY cases where the courts have ordered medical treatment for children with insane religious beliefs against medical care. On the other hand, If an adult wants to pray away his OWN bone cancer, no big loss to the world.

Women have been catching pregnancy from men since the dawn of time.

So, If Typhoid Mary gives 35 people typhoid by working as a cook, and some of them die, then it is not the government's business. they should just let good ol' Mary continue to make custard down at the local café....

redherring.gif

Forum List

Back