China has 1.4 billion people

Actually China has had a one child per family policy for many years. It has been strictly enforced by the state. And I do mean strictly.

The U.S. still allows individual freedom which means you are still allowed to have more then one child. Forced sterilization and killing of newborns are not part of our system.

What forced labor we had in prisons has mostly been done away with while it remains prevalent in China.

I think its 2 now, but yes they use to. The republicans are tying to stop abortions, how is that freedom? Newborn killing is illegal in all states.
I get that you really really want to make abortion a partisan thing but that is just you.
I guess you really wanted our government to weld you into your quarters during the outbreak.

Well, the point of the OP could be to consider the interaction of real population pressure and density and actual geophysical conditions on two different societies’ development. The history of the social and political institutions of the people living in the two regions (before and after Europeans arrived in North America) is completely distinct. But how boring understanding such matters are to ordinary Americans!

Just another three broad “factors” worth considering in the mix: 1) China is an old society, and its present authoritarian institutions do not go back just to 1949, but in many ways also to its unification in 221 B.C.; 2) China has far less flat and arable land available for agriculture, requiring historically more labor intensive methods; and 3) unlike in Europe, primogeniture was not practiced (i.e., in China land was generally divided between all descendants), so large landholdings and land-based aristocracies did not develop there) and thus there were few internal forces capable of countering the imperial state and its gentrified Confucian bureaucracy.

Yes, but I'm talking in today, real time, not history. What would we do with a billion more people?
I wouldn't worry about that. The scientific dictatorship is busy working on strategies to sterilize the population.

Overall fertility is already dropping like a stone.

When I was a kid, couples having trouble conceiving was a rarity. Now? It is common. By the time my kid is ready to have a child, it will be the norm.
You seem to be talking about both China AND the U.S. I think you are wrong. In the case of China, the one child policy is now gone (actually it was an example of how a strong authoritarian state can deal with a serious over-population crisis) -- the lowering of population increase today is the result of voluntary choices made by Chinese in their new urban consumer society. Raising and educating children is expensive and requires real effort for Chinese parents who want their kids to "get ahead." As for the U.S., if you exclude immigrants, our population is also declining, which is even more true of Japan and most of Europe. In my opinion there is nothing conspiratorial in all this. It is even probably good for our planet in the long run. The political problems associated with immigration are another issue entirely.

Actually China has had a one child per family policy for many years. It has been strictly enforced by the state. And I do mean strictly.

The U.S. still allows individual freedom which means you are still allowed to have more then one child. Forced sterilization and killing of newborns are not part of our system.

What forced labor we had in prisons has mostly been done away with while it remains prevalent in China.

I think its 2 now, but yes they use to. The republicans are tying to stop abortions, how is that freedom? Newborn killing is illegal in all states.
I get that you really really want to make abortion a partisan thing but that is just you.
I guess you really wanted our government to weld you into your quarters during the outbreak.
It is, I believe freedom for republicans should be equal for democrats, and its not. Also I'm more than willing to wear a mask.

Population in China - Statistics & Facts

Published by C. Textor, Mar 11, 2020
China, the world's most populous country, reached a total population of 1.4 billion at the end of 2019 (not including Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan). However, the population growth decreased to around 0.5 percent in recent years and is expected to come to an end in the 2020s, with total population figures beginning to drop in the 2030s.

and
1. Land area is one factor neither the United States nor China can easily grow further to compete with each other.
2. This is one of the few areas in which China has the edge in size over the United States – but just barely.
3. China has a land area of 9.3 million square kilometers (3.6 million square miles), which is 2.2% larger than the U.S. land area of 9.1 million square kilometers (3.5 million square miles).
---------------------------------------------------------
So they have just a tiny bit more land as they don't count Taiwan or HK in the Pop or land area. What would we do with 1 billion more people, as they need to eat and work, don't they??

What is your point Penelope?

China has more than three times the population of the U.S., uses slave labor and is ran by a one political party system that awards those loyal to the People Party, so should we be more like China?

If so no thanks...

So we don't use slave labor? Tell the immigrants that one that pick our veggies, fruits and work in the slaughter houses. (also the Potus properties)
they come here voluntarily to work,,,no one forces them and they are free to leave at anytime,,,

thats not slavery you ignorant twit,,,

Well, the point of the OP could be to consider the interaction of real population pressure and density and actual geophysical conditions on two different societies’ development. The history of the social and political institutions of the people living in the two regions (before and after Europeans arrived in North America) is completely distinct. But how boring understanding such matters are to ordinary Americans!

Just another three broad “factors” worth considering in the mix: 1) China is an old society, and its present authoritarian institutions do not go back just to 1949, but in many ways also to its unification in 221 B.C.; 2) China has far less flat and arable land available for agriculture, requiring historically more labor intensive methods; and 3) unlike in Europe, primogeniture was not practiced (i.e., in China land was generally divided between all descendants), so large landholdings and land-based aristocracies did not develop there) and thus there were few internal forces capable of countering the imperial state and its gentrified Confucian bureaucracy.

Yes, but I'm talking in today, real time, not history. What would we do with a billion more people?
I wouldn't worry about that. The scientific dictatorship is busy working on strategies to sterilize the population.

Overall fertility is already dropping like a stone.

When I was a kid, couples having trouble conceiving was a rarity. Now? It is common. By the time my kid is ready to have a child, it will be the norm.
You seem to be talking about both China AND the U.S. I think you are wrong. In the case of China, the one child policy is now gone (actually it was an example of how a strong authoritarian state can deal with a serious over-population crisis) -- the lowering of population increase today is the result of voluntary choices made by Chinese in their new urban consumer society. Raising and educating children is expensive and requires real effort for Chinese parents who want their kids to "get ahead." As for the U.S., if you exclude immigrants, our population is also declining, which is even more true of Japan and most of Europe. In my opinion there is nothing conspiratorial in all this. It is even probably good for our planet in the long run. The political problems associated with immigration are another issue entirely.

What polical problem of immigrants, the business owners want them to work, which is why they went to China and Mexico and now India.

Last edited:

It is, I believe freedom for republicans should be equal for democrats, and its not. Also I'm more than willing to wear a mask.
And exactly how do you feel freedom is not equal? I think you might want to seek psychiatric help.
No one is telling you you don't have to wear a mask. Unless you are hearing voices in your head.

China, the world's most populous country, reached a total population of 1.4 billion at the end of 2019 (not including Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan). However, the population growth decreased to around 0.5 percent in recent years and is expected to come to an end in the 2020s, with total population figures beginning to drop in the 2030s.

and
1. Land area is one factor neither the United States nor China can easily grow further to compete with each other.
2. This is one of the few areas in which China has the edge in size over the United States – but just barely.
3. China has a land area of 9.3 million square kilometers (3.6 million square miles), which is 2.2% larger than the U.S. land area of 9.1 million square kilometers (3.5 million square miles).
So they have just a tiny bit more land as they don't count Taiwan or HK in the Pop or land area. What would we do with 1 billion more people, as they need to eat and work, don't they??

China has more than three times the population of the U.S., uses slave labor and is ran by a one political party system that awards those loyal to the People Party, so should we be more like China?

If so no thanks...

So we don't use slave labor? Tell the immigrants that one that pick our veggies, fruits and work in the slaughter houses. (also the Potus properties)
they come here voluntarily to work,,,no one forces them and they are free to leave at anytime,,,

Yes they do, they have families to tend to and mouths to feed. That they work cheaper than US citizens and with decrease regulations is another story. We are very lucky that Central America is a haven of crime and rotten climate, and the powers to be don't want to interfere in that. Why? they get cheap labor, so they get cheap labor.

You don't think that if manufacturing picked up in the US, that they wouldn't hire more immigrants, you are wrong.

And exactly how do you feel freedom is not equal? I think you might want to seek psychiatric help.
No one is telling you you don't have to wear a mask. Unless you are hearing voices in your head.

The republicans want to control women, SS marriage, gender, and minorities.

and

If so no thanks...

Yes they do, they have families to tend to and mouths to feed. That they work cheaper than US citizens and with decrease regulations is another story. We are very lucky that Central America is a haven of crime and rotten climate, and the powers to be don't want to interfere in that. Why? they get cheap labor, so they get cheap labor.

You don't think that if manufacturing picked up in the US, that they wouldn't hire more immigrants, you are wrong.

again thats not slavery,,,
whats that say about mexico if they have to come here for work???
so why arent you slamming mexico for their worse than slavery conditions???

and

If so no thanks...

I don't live in Mexico, I live in the US, and the business owners use the immigrants, and they work for cheap, they do not want to hire American workers.

and

If so no thanks...

I don't live in Mexico, I live in the US, and the business owners use the immigrants, and they work for cheap, they do not want to hire American workers.
I highly doubt you live in the US,,,

based on your recent comments I would say you live in china,,,

and

If so no thanks...

Holy shit!

You are trying to say that those that pick our crops are slaves and forced to do it because our Local, State and Federal Government make them?

Are you kidding me Penelope?

No one is forcing illegals to come here and work under the table but you can bet your sorry ass those born in China are forced to live like Slaves unless the People Party approve of their dedication!

Big fucking difference and you know it!

Again thats not slavery,,,
What is your point Penelope? China has more than three times the population of the U.S., uses slave labor and is ran by a one political party system that awards those loyal to the People Party, so should we be more like China? If so no thanks...
You are trying to say that those that pick our crops are slaves and forced to do it because our Local, State and Federal Government make them? Are you kidding me Penelope? No one is forcing illegals to come here and work under the table but you can bet your sorry ass those born in China are forced to live like Slaves unless the People Party approve ...
Obviously the term “slavery” and “slave labor” is not being used here to mean legal chattel slavery, as it existed in North America for two centuries. In China and the U.S. what most working people experience can arguably be described as different degrees of “wage slavery” — which can be experienced as very pleasant and honorable or completely unpleasant and degrading under different circumstances. Workers in China may not have two parties to choose from every few years, but otherwise they are almost as free to change jobs as Americans. There is probably more moving among jobs, among regions, more movement from rural areas to cities, even more small entrepreneurs and “self-made” millionaires and billionaires as in the U.S.A. Looked at in absolute or percentage terms, Chinese are probably more satisfied with their lives, feel less like slaves, and are more satisfied with their political system than Americans. At least middle class Chinese. That can change, but those are important realities that most Americans do not appreciate.

To talk about Mexico, comparing it ahistorically to the U.S., is ridiculous. Mexico formally abolished slavery before the U.S. did, and the peculiar circumstances of their own history — “so far from heaven, so near to the United States” — has always profoundly influenced their own capitalist development. The same is true for the development of many other Central and South American countries.

Last edited:
What is your point Penelope? China has more than three times the population of the U.S., uses slave labor and is ran by a one political party system that awards those loyal to the People Party, so should we be more like China? If so no thanks...
You are trying to say that those that pick our crops are slaves and forced to do it because our Local, State and Federal Government make them? Are you kidding me Penelope? No one is forcing illegals to come here and work under the table but you can bet your sorry ass those born in China are forced to live like Slaves unless the People Party approve ...
Obviously the term “slavery” is not being used here to mean legal chattel slavery, as it existed in North America for two centuries. In China and the U.S. what most working people experience can arguably be described as different degrees of “wage slavery” — which can be experienced as very pleasant or completely horrible under different circumstances. Workers in China may not have two parties to choose from every few years, but otherwise they are almost as free to change jobs as Americans. There is probably more moving among jobs, among regions, more movement from rural to city, even as many or more small entrepreneurs and “self-made” millionaires and billionaires as in the U.S.A. Looked in absolutely or percentage-wise, Chinese are probably more satisfied with their lives, feel less like slaves, and are more satisfied with their political system than Americans. That can change, but those are important realities that most Americans do not appreciate.

To talk about Mexico, comparing it ahistorically to the U.S., is ridiculous. Mexico formally abolished slavery before the U.S. did, and the peculiar circumstances of their own history — “so far from heaven, so near to the United States” — has always profoundly influenced their own capitalist development. The same is true for the development of many other Central and South American countries.
do you mean that slavery that still exist to this day that has an estimated 28 million people still under its control???

progressive hunter

Obviously I am not referring to the “28 million enslaved” people you are referring to. Most of these certainly are not legally enslaved — not in China, not in the U.S. or Mexico. They would represent .0035 of the world’s population, existing mainly in backward underdeveloped or war-wracked societies. The more significant types of modern slavery involve illegals or semi-stateless deeply abused “immigrants” working under conditions of prevalent wage slavery, or where social backwardness virtually enslave women in certain societies, or where kidnapped or prostituted women suffer even in more “advanced” societies...

Last edited:
progressive hunter

Obviously I am not referring to the “28 million enslaved” people you are referring to. Most of these certainly are not legally enslaved — not in China, not in the U.S. or Mexico. They would represent .0035 of the world’s population, existing mainly in backward underdeveloped or war-wracked societies. The more significant types of modern slavery involve illegal or semi-stateless abused “immigrants” working under conditions of prevalent wage slavery, or social backwardness virtually enslaving women in certain societies, or kidnapped and prostituted women suffering even in more “advanced” societies...
please stay on topic and under the context of the discussion,,,

The republicans want to control women, SS marriage, gender, and minorities.
Lol. (I will be very kind here) I you think that those are partisan subject you are extremely naive.
I have no doubt that you could find people in both parties that will agree with and disagree with your stand on any of those issues.

The funny thing about this country is if you don't like what your state decides about an issue you can talk with others convince them that you have the only right answer and get it changed. If you convince enough people. Another thing you can do is if you don't like the way things are in the state move to where they more align with your views.
If you like to smoke pot and your state doesn't allow it then move where you can.
If you want to work as a prostitute move to Nevada where they allow it.
If you think that you have all the answers and everyone should follow your lead then get into politics.

Our country is funny in the way we allow people the freedom to pick and choose what they want and can do. Most of which is not true in certain countries such as China.

and

If so no thanks...

They're free to leave.

Obviously the term “slavery” and “slave labor” is not being used here to mean legal chattel slavery, as it existed in North America for two centuries. In China and the U.S. what most working people experience can arguably be described as different degrees of “wage slavery” — which can be experienced as very pleasant and honorable or completely unpleasant and degrading under different circumstances. Workers in China may not have two parties to choose from every few years, but otherwise they are almost as free to change jobs as Americans. There is probably more moving among jobs, among regions, more movement from rural areas to cities, even more small entrepreneurs and “self-made” millionaires and billionaires as in the U.S.A. Looked at in absolute or percentage terms, Chinese are probably more satisfied with their lives, feel less like slaves, and are more satisfied with their political system than Americans. At least middle class Chinese. That can change, but those are important realities that most Americans do not appreciate.

Sex slave trade still exists today and China is not as free as you claim!

Forum List

Back