China experts weigh in on DOJ's halting of Trump era 'China Initiative': 'inexplicable'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I say this objectively, congratulations China, you are going to win. Your competition assures this outcome. Russia will get their piece of the pie too of course.

Several experts on the United States relationship with China are weighing in after Biden’s Department of Justice announced Wednesday it is halting a Trump-era initiative that cracked down on Chinese spying.

The Department of Justice announced Wednesday that it is ending its "China Initiative" program that was aimed at preventing spying by the Chinese Communist Party and launching a new, "broader approach."

The China Initiative was started in 2018 under the Trump administration to protect U.S. national security against Chinese spying on U.S. intellectual property and in academia. The DOJ website said it was aimed at "identifying and prosecuting those engaged in trade secret theft, hacking, and economic espionage," as well as "protecting our critical infrastructure against external threats through foreign direct investment and supply chain compromises."

"China is stealing hundreds of billions of dollars of U.S. intellectual property each year," columnist and author Gordon Chang told Fox News Digital in response to the announcement. "John Ratcliffe, when he was director of national intelligence, estimated it was about $500 billion annually. So China should be the focus of U.S. efforts and now to drop the China Initiative sends a message to Beijing and everyone else that it's open season on Americans."

Biden was cheated into office to destroy the United States, such is so indisputable, so obvious, it requires a malignantly ill mind to conclude otherwise! Every single thing Biden, and the fascist democrats have done, has been deliberately ruinous to the United States, and of incalculable benefit to communist China, not one exception noted in the 14 months the traitor was stolen into office, not fucking one!

I say this objectively, congratulations China, you are going to win. Your competition assures this outcome. Russia will get their piece of the pie too of course.

Several experts on the United States relationship with China are weighing in after Biden’s Department of Justice announced Wednesday it is halting a Trump-era initiative that cracked down on Chinese spying.

The Department of Justice announced Wednesday that it is ending its "China Initiative" program that was aimed at preventing spying by the Chinese Communist Party and launching a new, "broader approach."

The China Initiative was started in 2018 under the Trump administration to protect U.S. national security against Chinese spying on U.S. intellectual property and in academia. The DOJ website said it was aimed at "identifying and prosecuting those engaged in trade secret theft, hacking, and economic espionage," as well as "protecting our critical infrastructure against external threats through foreign direct investment and supply chain compromises."

"China is stealing hundreds of billions of dollars of U.S. intellectual property each year," columnist and author Gordon Chang told Fox News Digital in response to the announcement. "John Ratcliffe, when he was director of national intelligence, estimated it was about $500 billion annually. So China should be the focus of U.S. efforts and now to drop the China Initiative sends a message to Beijing and everyone else that it's open season on Americans."

I was hearing about that yesterday and meant to start a thread about it. This administration's wokeness has become so dangerous, that they don't want to appear as "xenophobic." Yet another stupid move by the Democrat clown show in Washington. Now the CHICOMS can continue to operate their theft and plunder of this country under the guise of "academia."

What part of "broader approach" evades you?

I like clarity, just what the hell does that mean in the context of protection your nation from what the FBI has deemed the largest threat by far?

Look, Canada has decimated my life, I have come to the conclusion that I have far less of a grievance against China than I do my own country. No direct harm has been done to me at all by China.

This doesn't mean that I would expect security experts in Canada or elsewhere to NOT protect their country from the reality of such foreign threats.

Here you go, tards: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/02/23/china-initivative-redo/

The Justice Department is shuttering its controversial China Initiative and replacing it with a broader strategy aimed at countering espionage, cyberattacks and other threats posed by a range of countries, a top official said Wednesday.

[snip]

On Wednesday, Olsen stressed that the national security threat posed by the Chinese government remains as great as ever. But he also made clear that other countries pose similar challenges.

[snip]

Olsen left the division in 2009. What struck him upon his return last year, he said, is how the landscape has broadened to include transnational repression, economic espionage and cyberattacks. “Even compared to just a few years ago, we are seeing nations such as Russia, China, Iran and North Korea become more aggressive, more brazen and more capable in their nefarious activity than ever before,” he said in announcing a new “Strategy for Countering Nation-State Threats.”

Oooohhhhh, I see now. They are not just going to defend against nefarious activity from China, but are expanding the list to several other countries! So calling it the China Initiative going forward would be a misnomer.

DUH!

What do you think the odds are that Fox Fake News and their so-called "China experts" will correct the record for their piss drinking rubes, kids?

You mean because that's what Biden's been doing since he was in office. The economy, Afghanistan, energy, wokeism. Biden is just expanding everything and making it more efficient.

So what other things that don't exist are you seeing?

Here you go, tards: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/02/23/china-initivative-redo/

The Justice Department is shuttering its controversial China Initiative and replacing it with a broader strategy aimed at countering espionage, cyberattacks and other threats posed by a range of countries, a top official said Wednesday.

[snip]

On Wednesday, Olsen stressed that the national security threat posed by the Chinese government remains as great as ever. But he also made clear that other countries pose similar challenges.

[snip]

Olsen left the division in 2009. What struck him upon his return last year, he said, is how the landscape has broadened to include transnational repression, economic espionage and cyberattacks. “Even compared to just a few years ago, we are seeing nations such as Russia, China, Iran and North Korea become more aggressive, more brazen and more capable in their nefarious activity than ever before,” he said in announcing a new “Strategy for Countering Nation-State Threats.”

Oooohhhhh, I see now. They are no just going to defend against nefarious activity from China, but are expanding the list to several other countries!

DUH!

What do you think the odds are that Fox "News" and their so-called "China experts" will correct the record for their piss drinking rubes, kids?

Do you pay attention to geopolitics or do you just go forward absent of the facts? They obviously don't function on just one nation, but they have to prioritize according to greatest global risk.

FBI Director Christopher Wray issued a new warning Wednesday that a push for global power by China poses one of the largest threats to American economic and security interests, saying the bureau opens a new investigation into Beijing “every 10 hours.”

I don't think there is any country that presents a more severe threat to our innovation, our economic security and our democratic ideas,
” Wray told the Senate Intelligence Committee in the first congressional hearing on global threats in more than two years.

About 2,000 open China-related cases at the bureau “tie back to the government,” according to Wray, and there has been a 1,300% increase in economic espionage investigations “over the last several years.”

You mean because that's what Biden's been doing since he was in office. The economy, Afghanistan, energy, wokeism. Biden is just expanding everything and making it more efficient.

So what other things that don't exist are you seeing?
In other words, the meaning of "broader approach" evades you completely. This is exactly how Fox Fake News operates. They tell you lies of omission and count on you not to explore the FACTS for yourselves.

So let me get this straight...Biden placed sanctions on Russia...and he said today it may take months for Putin to feel those sanctions...but our gas is going up by the minute...so he has in effect placed sanctions on us....not Russia....and China says they will back up the Russian economy anyway...and when asked about that Joe said no comment....while our gas and food keep rising in costs...

Screw you Biden voters all to hell....

Do you pay attention to geopolitics or do you just go forward absent of the facts?

FBI Director Christopher Wray issued a new warning Wednesday that a push for global power by China poses one of the largest threats to American economic and security interests, saying the bureau opens a new investigation into Beijing “every 10 hours.”

I don't think there is any country that presents a more severe threat to our innovation, our economic security and our democratic ideas,
” Wray told the Senate Intelligence Committee in the first congressional hearing on global threats in more than two years.

About 2,000 open China-related cases at the bureau “tie back to the government,” according to Wray, and there has been a 1,300% increase in economic espionage investigations “over the last several years.”
And that contradicts my post...how, exactly? Did you even READ my post?

"They are not just going to defend against nefarious activity from China, but are expanding the list to several other countries!"

All caught up now?

So let me get this straight...Biden placed sanctions on Russia...and he said today it may take months for Putin to feel those sanctions...but our gas is going up by the minute...so he has in effect placed sanctions on us....not Russia....and China says they will back up the Russian economy anyway...and when asked about that Joe said no comment....while our gas and food keep rising in costs...

Screw you Biden voters all to hell....
During WWII, the American people had to endure severe rationing.

I guess useful idiots like you would have wanted us to leave Hitler alone "because gas prices".

In other words, the meaning of "broader approach" evades you completely. This is exactly how Fox Fake News operates. They tell you lies of omission and count on you not to explore the FACTS for yourselves.

I don't know if you're a worse mind reader or paraphraser. And this doesn't help since you show zero ability at both

Christ, Traitor Trump has birthed a whole new generation of Hanoi Janes!

And that contradicts my post...how, exactly? Did you even READ my post?

"They are not just going to defend against nefarious activity from China, but are expanding the list to several other countries!"

All caught up now?

So beforehand they didn't keep an eye on Russia, N Korea, Iran, Canada or others, just China? Is that what you believe?

It was a highly focused, specialized unit, it wasn't ONLY a focus on China, it was a priority.

I don't know if you're a worse mind reader or paraphraser. And this doesn't help since you show zero ability at both
See post 6, dipshit.

Fox Fake News lied by omission to you. Put down the piss bucket!

I guess useful idiots like you would have wanted us to leave Hitler alone "because gas prices".

In WWII, you'd have attacked the US endlessly and ignored the Nazis since you didn't used to be a Nazi ...

So beforehand they didn't keep an eye on Russia, N Korea, Iran, Canada or others, just China? Is that what you believe?

It was a highly focused, specialized unti, it wasn't ONLY a focus on China, it was a priority.
When it was created in 2006, the main focus was the war on terror.

Priorities evolve.

Fox Fake News implied the unit was going away. It isn't. But you tards sure bleeved it.

So now you are comparing this to the second world war???? are you insane?...we have no obligation morally of legally to defend Ukraine....half of Eastern Ukraine is cheering on Russia for crying out loud....

So now you are comparing this to the second world war???? are you insane?...we have no obligation morally of legally to defend Ukraine....half of Eastern Ukraine is cheering on Russia for crying out loud....
We do have a moral obligation.

And no, despite what Putin's Facebook propaganda says, half of eastern Ukraine is not cheering on Putin.

I doubt even half of Russia itself is cheering on Putin.

Forum List

Back