CDZ Childhood vaccination

Should American children be vaccinated?

• I am a Liberal and say no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BTW, remember the refugee children from South America ... ?

Turns out they have a better record for vaccinating their kids than we do.

Vaccinate your damn kids. It could save their life.

If you chose not to vaccinate your kids, you shouldn't be allowed to enroll them in school or creche until you do.
I agree, at least for the major ones like polio.

That got a lot of people my age, back in the day.

That reminds me, I never had mumps and hear there is a vaccine.

I need to ask my doc about that.

I had mumps when I was a kid. Glad there is now a vaccination.

I'm for vaccinations. If vaccines aren't up to date, kids aren't allowed in class where I live. There's no reason to not have them unless someone is allergic to something in them.

If you chose not to vaccinate your kids, you shouldn't be allowed to enroll them in school or creche until you do.

My whole family got them but I did not.

They were really hard on my dad.

Polio was so horrific nobody even thought of skipping the shots.

Millions of us had measles, and I hardly remember them.

Chickenpox almost killed me, and I got the shingles shot after seeing the horrible ads.

Vaccinations are a miracle, only idiots oppose the necessary ones.

Vaccinations are only effective, from a public health point of view when enough of the population is vaccinated. If they aren't, you start to see break outs and it's usually not a huge deal for the average healthy child but it IS a huge deal for people who legitimately can't get vaccinated due to health reasons, immune deficiencies etc. They are the ones truely at risk when people choose not to vaccinate their kids due to some very unscientific beliefs.

Many people now have no clue how serious disease outbreaks used to be: diptheria, polio, scarlet fever, yellow fever, etc etc. They were highly contagious and they could kill or maim people. The only thing preventing an outbreak is having enough people vaccinated. I was vaccinated against more than the usual because as a child I lived in India. Didn't harm me any.

I read somewhere that they use mercury as a preservative in vaccinations

is that true?

mercury is lethal

My whole family got them but I did not.

They were really hard on my dad.

Polio was so horrific nobody even thought of skipping the shots.

Millions of us had measles, and I hardly remember them.

Chickenpox almost killed me, and I got the shingles shot after seeing the horrible ads.

Vaccinations are a miracle, only idiots oppose the necessary ones.

I had measles and chicken pox too...usual childhood diseases :) You must have had chicken pox really bad! I don't remember it myself.

Because if Mercury is used in vaccinations

that is a death sentence for children and anybody

I know, you do not believe in freedom.

Too bad for you. YOU do not get to make decisions for me or my family no matter how dumb you might think they are and that is simply not going to change.

Your argument is flawed. I'm not making that decision. WE are. It's the way societies work. I'll bet if you try...you can defeat your own argument very easily.
The amorphous 'we' don't get to make that call either. Our society is based on the idea that the majority do not get to dictate the rights of the minority no matter how much they want to.

You are living in some kind of FREEDOM fantasy land. A libertarian utopia!

I'm going to send my kid to school tomorrow with his backpack filled with dogshit. I can.....if your logic is to be followed....expect that he'll not be sent home. It's our choice, after all.

Silly, huh?
A better analogy would be that if 'WE' all decided that liberal progressiveness is a mental disease, that you and your kind can be locked up against your will.

You still all for taking that choice away?

I would very much like to know if

Mercury is used as a preservative

in vaccinations!

so what is it?

in vaccinations!

so what is it?
From what I understand, the issue of autism arises from receiving the immunizations to close together as an infant. Right now, by age 36 months, many infants have received 36 immunizations. That is far too much for a developing immune system to handle. They need to re-prioritize and space them farther apart.

However, the science of immunization cannot be denied. They work and they work damn well.

in vaccinations!

so what is it?
There are trace amounts of mercury in some vaccine preservatives I think.

Claims have been made that they cause autism among other things.

Dierdre Imus is a fanatic on the subject.

You can get the extreme viewpoint from her.

I grew up in the days of polio; any risk from a vaccine didn't mean a thing against the risk of that disease.

We were terrified of it.

Autism .....yep

Mercury

so what i need to know

is Mercury used as a preservetive in vaccines

simple

yes or no

Because if Mercury is used in vaccinations

that is a death sentence for children and anybody

It's not used in vaccinations any more: Thiomersal controversy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia - there was no evidence that it caused any damage, but the FDA removed it anyway.

So you are saying that Mercury is not used as a preservative in vaccines?

are you 100% sure?

Here's what the wikipedia says (but, you really need to read the whole thing to realize that the risk is not what people think):

Despite the lack of convincing evidence of toxicity of thiomersal when used as a vaccine preservative, the USPHS and AAP determined that thiomersal should be removed from vaccines as a purely precautionary measure.[5] This action was based on the precautionary principle, which assumes that there is no harm in exercising caution even if it later turns out to be unnecessary. The CDC and AAP reasoned that despite the lack of evidence of significant harm in the use of thiomersal in vaccines, the removal of this preservative would increase the public confidence in the safety of vaccines.[19] Although thiomersal was largely removed from routine infant vaccines by summer 2001 in the U.S.,[6] some vaccines continue to contain non-trace amounts of thiomersal, mainly in multi-dose vaccines targeted against influenza and tetanus.[20]
So some vaccines may still contain it, but infant vaccines do not.

in vaccinations!

so what is it?
From what I understand, the issue of autism arises from receiving the immunizations to close together as an infant. Right now, by age 36 months, many infants have received 36 immunizations. That is far too much for a developing immune system to handle. They need to re-prioritize and space them farther apart.

However, the science of immunization cannot be denied. They work and they work damn well.

I think any link between vaccines and autism has been debunked, but it's likely a good idea to spread them out. We do it in our dogs, why not kids?

ty

of course they use Mercury as preservative

hence

all the autism issues

sick sick sick

ty

of course they use Mercury as preservative

hence

all the autism issues

sick sick sick

There is no proven link between vaccines and autism. They no longer use it in child vaccines yet autism rates are unchanged.

Forum List

Back