Chiefs VS Bucs pick your poison! Superbowl 55

Who wins?

• Total voters
The Chiefs offense just looks too good. Tampa's D played a very good game (even discounting a couple of holding/PI calls that weren't called, which has to piss off Green Bay fans), but I think they'll have to be better to have a chance against KC. Anyone can have an off week, but the Chiefs are just scary right now. Even their defense is playing good football.

There WAS an offensive lineman for KC who got hurt that supposedly has an Achilles injury; I don't know how badly that will hurt the Chiefs. Other than that, right now no one can seem to stop Kelce and Hill while Mahomes is back there.

Tampa took advantage of King from Green Bay, who played a terrible game. He gave up that TD pass at the end of the first half, he committed the pass interference when GB needed a stop at the end, he was beaten on other occasions as well. Without that, the Packers might have won. KC just destroyed Buffalo. The fumble on the punt early is the only reason Buffalo was close for a while.

There are no guarantees, Tampa is a good team and they certainly have a shot, but KC just looks too good. My quick take is Chiefs 34, Bucs 27.

All good points. Kansas City is playing very well on both sides of the ball, and overall, their team is healthy. Brady is obviously great, but it appeared in the second half of their game, that the offense hit the wall, and their defense held it together for them to secure the win.

Kansas City appears to be the stronger second half team, so your prediction makes a lot of sense.

If the Bucs win this game (which I really don’t see happening) is because they’re defense played lights out. I believe the 49ers kind of held Mahomes in check last year. I don’t think 43 year old Brady is out-dueling a young Mahomes. Brady led the league in interceptions thrown and was 26th in completion percentage. Having said that it football, so anything can happen.

Absolutely correct. On any given day, anything can happen to any team in the NFL.

I believe that the Bucs have absolutely benefitted from Bradys leadership and experience, but he is still 43 years old, and the Bucs defense will have to meet their offense more than halfway in order to win.

The Chiefs and Mahomes have some formidable weapons with Kelce and Hill, that are even more dangerous during the
playoffs, and their record shows that. Either way It should be an interesting game.

The dynamic of the match up between Brady and Mahomes kind of reminds me of when Joe Namath and Johnny Unitas faced each other in Superbowl 3.

Pretty much

Was it just me, or were the refs pretty bad on Sunday?

It was terrible for Green Bay, of course. Aaron Rogers' interception should have been defensive pass interference. There was another, similar non-call against the Bucs if I remember correctly (where replay showed the Bucs defender pulling the jersey/shoulder pads of a Packers player). Then, when Green Bay is trying to stop the Bucs and get one more chance to win, the back judge throws a late flag for DPI on King. Sure, it WAS pass interference. No question. But they had been 'letting them play' before that.

They call this holding in the article, but the ball was in the air, so it should have been DPI IMO:

Then, in the Bills/Chiefs game, we had this non-call:

Then, at the end of the game when there was the play with 4 different personal foul calls that offset, I don't think the refs on the field called Okafor for hitting Allen late. I think that call came after the play was reviewed by the New York officials. It didn't affect the outcome of the game, but it was very clearly a late hit.

Not a great weekend for the guys in stripes.

It was terrible for Green Bay, of course. Aaron Rogers' interception should have been defensive pass interference. There was another, similar non-call against the Bucs if I remember correctly (where replay showed the Bucs defender pulling the jersey/shoulder pads of a Packers player). Then, when Green Bay is trying to stop the Bucs and get one more chance to win, the back judge throws a late flag for DPI on King. Sure, it WAS pass interference. No question. But they had been 'letting them play' before that.

They call this holding in the article, but the ball was in the air, so it should have been DPI IMO:

Then, at the end of the game when there was the play with 4 different personal foul calls that offset, I don't think the refs on the field called Okafor for hitting Allen late. I think that call came after the play was reviewed by the New York officials. It didn't affect the outcome of the game, but it was very clearly a late hit.

That fight in the chiefs game was a mess. The Bills player should have been ejected. And how do 3 penalties on one team offset 1 from the other???

I’m sure there are fans of both teams of both political persuasions. Wonder how much complaining there will be about the refs and if the play clock was hacked by one team or the other or if Brady liking Trump will be a reason for bad calls by the officials. I hope not.

I’m sure there are fans of both teams of both political persuasions. Wonder how much complaining there will be about the refs and if the play clock was hacked by one team or the other or if Brady liking Trump will be a reason for bad calls by the officials. I hope not.
That being said...I’m so happy for both head coaches. Two guys who have paid their dues.

Id like to seethe Yuckaneers win. BA is da man

That fight in the chiefs game was a mess. The Bills player should have been ejected. And how do 3 penalties on one team offset 1 from the other???

I'm guessing that with personal fouls, as long as both teams have at least 1, it counts as a wash. It isn't entirely crazy, since the first personal foul by Okafor caused the resulting fouls by the 3 Bills players....but yeah. It's kind of weak.

I actually approve of the hit by the Bills lineman. I think of it like hockey, where if someone hits your goalie, you go hit that guy to let him know he can't get away with it. The hit on Allen was very late. The second guy that came in and hit Okafor, though, that was too much. :dunno:

FB_IMG_1612361411960.jpg

Im

No surprise in the least on the Green Bay game.sounds to me like the refs gave Brady the game to him as they always do in championship games wanting to see him back in the Super Bowl again.makes for a great story for the NFL.the Qb that leaves the pats gets the last laugh on the most overrated hack of a coach in NFL history.so they decide all of a sudden to stop letting the players play so he can get there Walter letting them play their game the rest of the game.wwf at its best as always.

I’m flabbergasted that I have seen only one person post saying they are picking the bucs. After logging into my yahoo account the other day I saw an article there saying why the chiefs won’t repeat and it made perfect sense.it mentioned they should have finished the season 11 and five,that they just got lucky because two of the games they only barely won because the kicker missed a chip shot field goal at the end and the three others they won they had to do so because they had to come from behind in the final minutes because their defense got burned.

sense none of the people that picked brady are giving their reasons I will.I would love to be wrong and have the chiefs win of course obviously but I just don’t see it and here are the reasons why.reasons people are overlooking.

Here are ten reasons why the bucs will more than likely win the Super Bowl.

1. Tampa will have home field advantage and the crowd behind them,this is huge.the players don’t have to worry about traveling and packing to go on the road so this is a major advantage for a team playing well right now.they will get more rest than the traveling)g team,big advantage.they would have to suck up really bad to lose this game.that won’t happen.

2.I read that the chiefs could not run the ball at all against Buffalo.If you can’t run the ball against Buffalo,then you seriously think they will be able to against the bucs defense which I believe I heard is ranked number two in the league.? Get serious.that did not cost them against the bills but it will against the bucs if they have the same problem.can’t afford to be one dimensional against the bucs.

3.the chiefs have not played anybody in the playoffs.the bills are only now Learning how to be a playoff contender and the browns were lucky to be there.the chiefs have yet faced a hall of fame quarterback in the playoffs as of now,that all changes Sunday.the chiefs earlier this year did their best to try and give the game to the bucs this year.the bucs were going through a slump at that time,now they are playing well.

4. the chiefs have not faced a playoff tested quarterback yet in the playoffs.that also changes Sunday.superbowls are old hat for Tom Brady. brady beat both Aaron Rodgers and drew brees on the road no less both times.

5.the bucs have a great defense,the chiefs do not.defense wins championships for you.the Broncos found that out when they faced the Seahawks.the bucs have the number two ranked defense I believe,the chiefs are dead last in goal line stands,that won’t get it done against Tom Brady.

6.someone mentioned earlier how the chiefs came back from that huge deficit in the playoffs against Houston last year,that was against Houston and at home where they had the crowd behind them.this time they will be the visitors and be facing Tom Brady.major differerence.has Houston ever been to the Super Bowl? Yeah that’s what I thought your answer was.

7.Mahomes as great as he is,has not shown that in a Super Bowl when facing a great defense,that he is the Patrick Mahomes we know who wows you with his play.while he looked great in the playoffs last year against the Texans and Titans,once he got to the Super Bowl and faced a top ranked defense,he struggled most the game and made some bad throws.throwing two interceptions,that is not the Patrick Mahomes we all know. In the playoffs so far,he has not faced a great defense.the bucs are playing great on defense now having seven interceptions in the last two playoff games.

8.weather wise the bucs have the advantage,they are used to the heat and humidity down there.the chiefs are not.Brady mentioned how when he was with the pats that late in the season they would always go down to Miami late in the year and wilt in the humidity and usually lose to the dolphins not used to the humidity down there.

9.the nfl seems to almost always want the team that plays in white to win.in the last 16 superbowls the team that wore white won 13 out of those 16 times.I guess it’s something to do with the white knight in shining armor is why they make sure they usually win.

10, finally and most importantly it’s obvious from what montrovant said,the refs made sure the bucs made it to the Super Bowl just as they always did with Brady when he was with the pats,superbowls are always fixed as are playoff games,might as well be watching wwf wrestling.superbowls are Almost always close and down to the wire,that’s the wayRoger goddell easily the worst commission in the nfl wants it.the only chance the chiefs can win is if they blow out the bucs,that wont happen. And have you ever noticed that ALL of Tom Brady’s superbowls always come down to the wire,thanks to criminal goddel,the good old days of Super Bowl blowouts with fairly officiated superbowls,those days are over with.

Last edited:
Here it is folks...nutless Conservatives ‘indirectly’ supporting another Leftist movement yet again.
You watch, these same spinless pukes with no self control will bitch later about the Left gaining ground. When they do; tell them they have no credibility, tell them to go fuck themselves.
You pathetic nutless fucks should be ashamed of yourselves.

Here it is folks...nutless Conservatives ‘indirectly’ supporting another Leftist movement yet again.
You watch, these same spinless pukes with no self control will bitch later about the Left gaining ground. When they do; tell them they have no credibility, tell them to go fuck themselves.
Wrong thread?

Wrong thread?

I’ll decide.

Forum List

Back