Chicken washed in chlorine ?

Normal cooking basically sterilizes any meat/egg.
And for Pete's sake you do NOT need to cook it till 165!!! That is absurd, and only dries the meat out.
At 150, it only takes seconds to kill virtually 100% of any bacteria present.
Americans grossly overcook their food.

not eggs. -------you put a RAW EGG into your turkey stuffing---------it is likely not to cook at all DEEP in the
turkey's ass ---------egg nog?

I never have or ever will cook a whole turkey, it is a rather dumb practice in our time.
WIth today's franken-birds, in order for the interior meat to reach safe temperature you have to fry the outside till it is jerky.

I don't know what's in it, but chicken from KFC, MCD, WenDys, HarDys, Burger KingDs. is good.

You know hot dogs are allowed something like 10% bug parts? Only the most tasty bug parts though! Yum E!

And for Pete's sake you do NOT need to cook it till 165!!! That is absurd, and only dries the meat out.

not eggs. -------you put a RAW EGG into your turkey stuffing---------it is likely not to cook at all DEEP in the

I never have or ever will cook a whole turkey, it is a rather dumb practice in our time.
WIth today's franken-birds, in order for the interior meat to reach safe temperature you have to fry the outside till it is jerky.

Its not that bad----especially if you buy a 14 pounder

I don't know what's in it, but chicken from KFC, MCD, WenDys, HarDys, Burger KingDs. is good.

You know hot dogs are allowed something like 10% bug parts? Only the most tasty bug parts though! Yum E!

in today's LITIGENOUS (spelling?) world their chickens are probably dipped in pure chlorox

They're more likely to because the barrier is destroyed.
All the wash does is remove salmonella from the outside of the shell before it goes to the stores.

It doesn't protect it from salmonella once it comes home.

"....not only is there a medium that promotes bacterial growth, but the water also provides an excellent vehicle for pathogens such as salmonella and other critters to pass through via the tens of thousands of pores on the surface of the egg shell.

"It’s in part because of the above risk that the EU has ruled out egg washing, asserting that careless washing procedures can lead to more damage than good."

Why American Eggs Would Be Illegal In A British Supermarket, And Vice Versa

there would have to be salmonella in your house and on the fingers of your four year old----
who gets to play with your UNFRIDGED eggs. Some of the brit laws are left over for
people who do not have a fridge------lots of people in GREAT limey land live in rooms
that have no fridges and cook on a little coal driven heater-------and get a bath by
appointment only-------------well .... it was that way for some people that even I knew---back
then. The fridge helps keep bacteria down-----salmonella like WARM. It is not good to stick
your raw chickens in the sink and run water on them-------little gram negative bastard rods can
live in a wet sink. My mom used to nevah crack an egg without WASHING it first------clearly
a habit leftover from EARLIER days -----it actually---makes little sense

Are you serious?

about what, hon? ------limey land or my mom washing every damn egg before she SCRAMBLED?
she is 97 and probably still does it. Some salmonella is VERY SERIOUSLY PATHOGENIC--
can kill a kid

About England.

what part? I was never there----except for 15 minutes at the airport. ------HOWEVER
hubby was there as a student in his 20s for a few years (in the 1960s) I have distant
relatives there and some other relatives have gone there to visit now and then. Some of
my colleagues lived there for special EXPOSURE to their special teaching hospitals------I WAS
told about the living conditions which usually include NO SHOWER OR BATHTUB------
no fridge for a room renter------just a little heater like trying to cook over a Bunsen burner----
either that or a pint of beer and no food at the local pub. Some of the private homes had no
bathtub or shower-------one goes to the PUBLIC thing ------ugh.-------da toilet is in da hallway----
the PULL THE CHAIN set up

We're living in the 2000' s now.

I've stayed in some dumps in the US. One full of cockroaches. And a hotel in Manhattan, with the toilet and shower down the hall.

Ah, but Prime Rib is sooo much better. Or a nice grilled whole Arctic Char filet with risotto...I'm hungry.

I steam my chicken. The flesh stays nice and plump.

Ah, but Prime Rib is sooo much better. Or a nice grilled whole Arctic Char filet with risotto...I'm hungry.

American steaks. You can't beat them.

in today's LITIGENOUS (spelling?) world their chickens are probably dipped in pure chlorox

Well they have SOME way that they disinfect them. I mean billions of chicken are killed and eaten every year and you almost never hear of someone getting ill. We used to drink straight out of the hose as kids, all hoses at everyone's house, at gas stations, and everywhere else. Nobody I know drinks the water out of a toilet. Everyone knows better. Except dogs who think the toilet is a natural mountain spring.

All this concern over germs and yada yada, I think the human race has eaten enough of this stuff that any hazards are proven to be minimized by now.

Well they have SOME way that they disinfect them. I mean billions of chicken are killed and eaten every year and you almost never hear of someone getting ill. We used to drink straight out of the hose as kids, all hoses at everyone's house, at gas stations, and everywhere else. Nobody I know drinks the water out of a toilet. Everyone knows better. Except dogs who think the toilet is a natural mountain spring.

All this concern over germs and yada yada, I think the human race has eaten enough of this stuff that any hazards are proven to be minimized by now.

although SALMONELLA can kill-------it USUALLY does not. It can get into you and get out with
either no symptoms------or just a little minor diarrhea. What's wrong with drinking out of a garden
hose. It keeps kids from tracking muck into the kitchen. Salmonella gets to be a problem
when some food gets a few bugs and the food is left OUT (of the fridge) and the little rods
have babies. That's why it is best NOT to plop a raw chicken into your kitchen sink. It gets here and
it gets there and SOMETIMES it finds a favorable place to BREED------and sometimes it breeds
really VIRULENT strains. Also ----frogs got'em on their skin----and turtles (I think). Ever play
down in the swamps?

Oh mercy...try this.
Take a couple bone-in breast, hopefully from a butcher....take a large bowl with a good Tablespoon of salt, dash of black pepper. Place the chicken in the bowl for at least 45 minutes, no need to refrigerate...in fact don't, it makes the meat too cold before cooking.
Rinse the chicken off to remove excess salt.
Preheat oven to 425.
take some olive oil, salt/pepper/herbs of your choice and by hand smother the chicken with it.
Bake for 13 minutes, turn the heat down to 350 and reset timer for 20 minutes. Check temperature with a digital thermometer, cook a few minutes more if necessary.
This will be the juiciest chicken you have ever had.
It's all do to the brine.

canned+whole2.jpg

Yeah but..............................

Oh mercy...try this.
Take a couple bone-in breast, hopefully from a butcher....take a large bowl with a good Tablespoon of salt, dash of black pepper. Place the chicken in the bowl for at least 45 minutes, no need to refrigerate...in fact don't, it makes the meat too cold before cooking.
Preheat oven to 425.
take some olive oil, salt/pepper/herbs of your choice and by hand smother the chicken with it.
Bake for 13 minutes, turn the heat down to 350 and reset timer for 20 minutes. Check temperature with a digital thermometer, cook a few minutes more if necessary.

you also made it kosher. ------assuming it was slaughtered correctly and you did not SLATHER
it with butter--------OH!!! you used olive oil--------good gentile!!!!!!!

Its a cause of concern over here.
If you don't like chlorine in your chicken; your better steer clear of those "baby carrots" parents love to stuff in their children's faces, as a "healthy" alternative...

Last edited:

Oh mercy...try this.
Preheat oven to 425.

you also made it kosher. ------assuming it was slaughtered correctly and you did not SLATHER

uh..no...not Jewish...

canned+whole2.jpg

Canning kills everything.

Oh mercy...try this.
Preheat oven to 425.

uh..no...not Jewish...

I AM AS I AM-------or i am what i seem. ------for the record I put some sugar in the brine, too----
and bay leaves----and whatevah and cook it-----then cool it----then fridge it for a few hours

canned+whole2.jpg

Canning kills everything.

some foods-----those that are basic rather than acidic, can harbor BOTULISM spores that
can grow IN THE CAN---------oy.........

Forum List

Back