Chicago Teachers Union leader Sarah Chambers facing criticism for vacationing in Caribbean (Puerto Rico) while pushing remote learning

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015

Chicago teacher’s union leader argues teachers should strike if anyone tries to make them return to the classroom because it isn’t safe.

Plot twist: she made the argument from Puerto Rico, where she’d traveled to celebrate New Years

Chicago teacher’s union leader argues teachers should strike if anyone tries to make them return to the classroom because it isn’t safe.

Plot twist: she made the argument from Puerto Rico, where she’d traveled to celebrate New Years

Eliminate public education campuses/structures & go to online instructional courses. School campuses are as outdated as the telegraph.

Keep the students home. Less indoctrination, less racial violence and bullying, less “restorative justice” bullshit, and less clout for the teachers’ unions and NEA.

I

Eliminate public education campuses/structures & go to online instructional courses. School campuses are as outdated as the telegraph.
Do what I say , not what I do Democrats. Do you expect anything different.

The broad is making a good point.

The tremendous thing about Remote Learning is that it can be done from anywhere with reliable internet. If the teachers want to be in Puerto Rico, or Bangalore India for that matter, no reason for them to risk getting shot in Chicago.

I

Do what I say , not what I do Democrats. Do you expect anything different.

Sort of like Trump and voting.

Keep the students home. Less indoctrination, less racial violence and bullying, less “restorative justice” bullshit, and less clout for the teachers’ unions and NEA.

President Obama stopped suspension for students who were defiant toward their teachers. He felt that two certain ethnicities were being singled out. So he dictated "restorative justice." That is why so many young ladies & gentlemen are out of control, as we saw during the marches & looting last summer.

With the inauguration of the Honorable Joseph R. Biden, Jr., and the Dems taking the Senate, school "discipline" will become even worse.

No wonder fewer and fewer dedicated people are becoming public school teachers.

NTI (Online instruction) had proven itself to be an unmitigated disaster, and you will find very few parents that support it.

President Obama stopped suspension for students who were defiant toward their teachers. He felt that two certain ethnicities were being singled out. So he dictated "restorative justice." That is why so many young ladies & gentlemen are out of control, as we saw during the marches & looting last summer.

With the inauguration of the Honorable Joseph R. Biden, Jr., and the Dems taking the Senate, school "discipline" will become even worse.

Thousands of kids have been suspended for being defiant towards teachers. Obama couldn't do this even if he had wanted to.

NTI (Online instruction) had proven itself to be an unmitigated disaster, and you will find very few parents that support it.

Those of you who support online learning have obviously never done it.

Those of you who support online learning have obviously never done it.

On one hand they will tell you how you need to get out and work and then on the other tell you to stay home and teach your kids online.

It's like they never actually got an education to think rationally themselves.

"Unmitigated" disaster? I disagree.

Online instruction has reduced the number of school shootings, the amount of child molestation by teachers, the amount of school bullying as well.

There is a lot of positivity here. Those kinds of adverse effects of in person instruction cost the taxpayers a lot of moolah.

Online instruction has reduced the number of school shootings, the amount of child molestation by teachers, the amount of school bullying as well.

There is a lot of positivity here. Those kinds of adverse effects of in person instruction cost the taxpayers a lot of moolah.

Really? Have you read or heard about the incredible failure rate? My grandson is am "A" student until he was forced to do on-line learning. He will likely repeat 6th grade thanks to COVID.

Really? Have you read or heard about the incredible failure rate? My grandson is am "A" student until he was forced to do on-line learning. He will likely repeat 6th grade thanks to COVID.

I didn't say there weren't negativities associated with online learning. But there are positive points, particularly in your tough, hard-scrabble urban districts. Its a lot safer for the students to be at home (although it might be less effective for some as you point out). Students don't have to worry about their fellow students coming in with an assault weapon and shoot up the class, or being cut with a shiv for their lunch money.

We really have not thought out the education issue as much as we should. But then again children seem to be used all the time as needed by the political class. On this one. Strangely quiet. On your grandson, that is terrible.

I didn't say there weren't negativities associated with online learning. But there are positive points, particularly in your tough, hard-scrabble urban districts. Its a lot safer for the students to be at home (although it might be less effective for some as you point out). Students don't have to worry about their fellow students coming in with an assault weapon and shoot up the class, or being cut with a shiv for their lunch money.

Exaggerate a little much?

I see good in online learning however I also see the good of being physically in a classroom, I think there is a balance that can be achieved that can help optimize the learning potential and experience of students. I think we need to find the proper balance and what might be good for one student, may not work with others.

Chicago Teachers Union leader Sarah Chambers facing criticism for vacationing in Caribbean (Puerto Rico) while pushing remote learning
And she should be. No matter what party hypocrisy and idiocy should be pointed out and criticized.

And she should be. No matter what party hypocrisy and idiocy should be pointed out and criticized.

What's "idiotic" about it? Its REMOTE learning, if the dame wants to stay safe in Puerto Rico instead of risking her ass by moving to Chicago, it actually sounds pretty smart.

No bullying,
No Black-on-White Violence
No bullshit protests
No Teachers getting body slammed
No shootings

These are the things I don’t miss about in-person schooling.

Forum List

Back