Chicago reparations

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
FILED UNDER:

City Council approves reparations resolution
Two white aldermen — Nick Sposato and Anthony Napolitano — voted “no,” ignoring an appeal from Ald. Jason Ervin, chairman of the council’s Black Caucus. Napolitano called slavery “the worst thing ever,” but said it “was done in the past. We can’t rewrite it.”

By Fran Spielman Jun 17, 2020, 4:32pm CDT
Funny about that, Most Chicago aldermen and legislators are black. What's your take on this? Is it fair or just plain old demagoguery?

FILED UNDER:

Two white aldermen — Nick Sposato and Anthony Napolitano — voted “no,” ignoring an appeal from Ald. Jason Ervin, chairman of the council’s Black Caucus. Napolitano called slavery “the worst thing ever,” but said it “was done in the past. We can’t rewrite it.”

Funny about that, Most Chicago aldermen and legislators are black. What's your take on this?
Bad idea.

FILED UNDER:

Funny about that, Most Chicago aldermen and legislators are black. What's your take on this? Is it fair or just plain old demagoguery?

It's crap. They'll do it until stopped. Legally, of course.

FILED UNDER:

If it's free $$$$$ no matter how that $$$$$ is attained the ghetto Blacks are after it!

FILED UNDER:

Don't worry them old Chicago politicians got their repararations already.

FILED UNDER:

Must be carrying a lot of guilt of French ancestors. I thought they became a state in 1783 and it was banned by law in 1787 for illinois and all the northwest territories. Sounds like the dumb ass city council voting them selves and their constituents some money on a whim.

FILED UNDER:

Must be carrying a lot of guilt of French ancestors. I thought they became a state in 1783 and it was banned by law in 1787 for illinois and all the northwest territories. Sounds like the dumb ass city council voting them selves and their constituents some money on a whim.

If our politicans weren't voting on stupid shit, they'd have 80% less work.

Very bad idea. Hell I don't know anyone who was a slave and I sure as Hell don't know anyone who owned a slave. That all happened over 150 years ago.

I have English and Irish in my blood. I'm sure some of my ancestors were slaves to someone. Don't see anyone in either country sending me a reparation check. LOL

Forum List

Back