Cheney's daughter pregnant

I disagree... the question posed to Kerry in 2004 was just a general question about homosexuality. He could have made just a passing comment about it, but instead he chose to name Mary Cheney by name... that was a strategic maneuver, not just another one of his innocent "slip ups"

Actually, Cheney raised the issue first, during his debate with John Edwards. Lambasting Kerry for it was the "strategic maneuver".... not the other way around. Besides, acknowledging someone is gay isn't exactly scurrilous in any event.

Actually, Cheney raised the issue first, during his debate with John Edwards. Lambasting Kerry for it was the "strategic maneuver".... not the other way around. Besides, acknowledging someone is gay isn't exactly scurrilous in any event.

Pretty Boy Edwards tried to score a cheap shot and it backfired

Much like what happened everytime he opened his blowhole

You mean like <b>Nancy Pelosi is zoomin'</b>? Devout Catholic grandmother indeed.

PS: No zoomin' here....that's why I'm calling Cheney on the carpet in the first place.

What evidence do you have to support <i><b>ANY</b></i> assertion that Nacy Pelosi is gay? Please post any links and cite specific references.

Or do strong women simply make your penis shrivel and you testicles try to crawl back up into your body?

Celebrate life, or should the fetus be aborted because it is the result of IVF and the parents are lesbians?

No--it should have never been done in the first place. The desperate search for evidence regarding gay couples raising children should be a red flag in the first place. Intentionally denying a child of having a parent of each sex is cruel.

My oldest son and his wife are just about finished with the adoption process of a beautiful 2 year old boy.

They have a 10 year old daughter(Our granddaugher) from their marriage, and years later decided to be a Foster family for kids from abusive and broken homes. During their time as Foster parents they decided that they wanted to adopt a boy/son into their family. This little fellow's mother was a caucasion/white American girl who lost her parental rights through neglect, and the dad was an illegal alien, and didn't give a darn about the boy and "flew the coop" South to Mexico.

Sometimes I have the hardest time understanding how these Celebs go to the farthest reaches of the world to find a kid to adopt.....when there are thousands upon thousands of adoptable kids in the Foster Care system. Maybe you can't get a fresh, Lilly-white new born as easily as Black or Latino children/babies, but if you really want to make a difference in a child's life, they're out there. The Foster kids don't present big legal problems in adoption, because in most cases, their bio-parents have lost any and all parental control/rights to come back and interfere in their biological offspring's life. In most cases, these adoptions can easily be made, "closed" adoptions with minimal lawyer expense for the adopting parents.

Anyway, officially, by February of "07", my wife and I will be grandparents for a fourth time via our new adopted grandson.

I'm so sick and tired of this "abortion is my right" stuff.....Little fellows like our new grandson, would easily have been aborted or recommended, aborted while in the womb by any Planned Parenthood agency, yet if you look into this little guy's eyes and see his beauty and God-given human potential, as a special human being, you'd have to have " Third Reich SS" blood running in your veins to think that he was better-off not existing than living.

Cheney's kid will have some confusion, no doubt, not unlike kids from divorces where they get unbalanced parental modeling from both sexes. It will be an uphill battle, but I'm an optimist when it comes to human life. I feel that our Creator is always working overtime to get our attention if we will only pay attention to Him. Abortion is a the result of "seared" consciences, and self-centered needs taking precedents over the needs of the helpless, and weak that can't defend themselves.

Before I get the "special conditions" flak about abortion, I do realize that there are medical necessities that require termination of pregnancies for the mother's life to be saved/protected, but it doesn't mean the mother's mental life. Her mental/emotional life will be fully asuaged if she goes full term and lets that baby have a start with a couple that can't conceive a baby, and desperately want to be parents. These married couples number in the thousands, and often have to go to other countries to find babys, as our own, Western, ethical, culture respecting, tolerant country kills roughly 1.5 million babys per year via abortion. Our tolerance is certainly hypocritical or selective in my estimation.

Sometimes I have the hardest time understanding how these Celebs go to the farthest reaches of the world to find a kid to adopt.....when there are thousands upon thousands of adoptable kids in the Foster Care system. Maybe you can't get a fresh, Lilly-white new born as easily as Black or Latino children/babies.

I hear ya. Like Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruises adopted kids. Whoops, their son is black. Um. I know! Madonna..hhmmm, nope, her kid is black. What about Jolie and her two adopted kids...whoops - an Asian and a black kid... Care to try again Eight?

I hear ya. Like Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruises adopted kids. Whoops, their son is black. Um. I know! Madonna..hhmmm, nope, her kid is black. What about Jolie and her two adopted kids...whoops - an Asian and a black kid... Care to try again Eight?

Missed my point Mr. Grump. I wasn't thinking of rich celebs looking for expensive "white" babies in other countries. On the other hand, though, many Hollywoodites in the past have gone overseas to get that expensive "white" baby too. As of recently, it has become "in vogue" with many of these elites, to adopt a third world child of other-than-white color or race. It's still that old, " I feel your pain.", liberal mentality, mixed with a globalistic view of reality in the human realm.

Hey, I'm happy for those kids they adopt. It is trully a blessing for that child. I hope they are reared in some sort of balanced parental atmosphere, and do grow up with a true reality of life in general.

It's just not in-vogue to adopt a kid from the U.S. Foster child system, yet these kids come at bargain prices compared to all the "hoopla" of air fares to other countries, getting "ok's" from those respective government to even adopt one of their Nationals......etc....... For a couple hundred dollars lawyer's fees, you can have a U.S. child in a matter of months. Of course your home, your marriage, and family life will be scrutinized by the respective state foster care folks to make sure you are of good character, but that shouldn't scare-away to many perspective adoptive parents, should it? Some lawyers often will do the adoption paper work "Pro Bono" or for nearly nothing just because they want to be involved in doing something good for a "wee" little one that got a rotten start in the U.S..
My Oldest son who is adopting, was adopted by me when he was two years old. He was my wife's son. Our two other sons are from our marriage. That adopted son is the one doing the adopting of the Foster child.
Getting Back:

I was commenting that they go to third world countries to find children of any color to adopt, yet here in our good ole U.S. of A. we have thousands of adoptable young'ins of all colors/races that our overlooked. If these Celebs want to make a difference in the world with these staggering numbers of kids with no parents, why not start at home.

My guess, it just doesn't make front page unless you go to Bangladesh, or Zimbabwe as Celebs to pick out your future son or daughter. Another sad commentary on our Hollywood elite in my opinion. So much of this type of adoption business is all for positive press, I'm afraid.

Again, you want to fix the world? Start out locally, or with your country, and then go fix the child care system of the other countries. If Jolie, or MaDonna wanted a U.S. Foster kid, they would have thousands to choose from. You would be helping your own country's social problems in big ways. Just think what a "shot in the arm" this could have for our Foster care system? Since so many folks think the Hollywood people are all Mensa's, this might strike up a special interest in the U.S. populous in adopting our own orphans.

Forum List

Back