Chauvin and Systemic Racism

If the murder of George Floyd was an example of systemic racism as most of the News Entertainment Media says then why wasn’t Derek Chauvin charged with a hate crime or violation of civil rights?

Is it possible that Chauvin was just a bad cop?

I think they already violated double jeopardy by convicting him of three crimes already.

But since Chauvin was actually a trainer, then it is really the whole police force that is biased and overly violent, so you can't just blame Chauvin. The police force has gotten increasingly bad and violent in the last 20 years.
Don't know why? I am assuming it is military influence?
But Chauvin is far too common.
The fault has to be more systemic.

The reason why is Demonicrat cities are out of control and drugs are plenty, legal too. That and when you make martyrs of thugs for the sake of sales, I don't suppose that bolds well for society and a police force.

It’s impossible to determine if race was a factor in that incident.

Agreed. So Biden and Kamala Harris should stop making into a racial issue. I didn’t watch the trial, but I saw the video and thought there was excessive force. I’m not surprised they convicted the cop.

No disagreement there.

In my opinion, this should be about police incompetence and accountability.

To be honest I don’t think this is a wide spread problem. I find it hard to believe it is. This cop that committed this murder did so in front of an audience filming him. Hard to imagine a more brazen act than that: I personally think this is a rare instance, rather than representative of a wide spread problem.

No, believe me, at least a third of all cops are just as bad as Chauvin, if not worse.
Even the DC cop that shot Ashlie Babbitt could easily have missed and shot one of the 2 cops standing next to her.
Ohio police just shot Ma'Khia Bryant 4 times after she attacked someone with a knife, but not only did they not have to shoot 4 times, but the victim was right behind the assailant, and a miss would likely have killed the victim instead.
So there is REALLY something terribly wrong with police.
They no longer seem to want to use clubs, get close, or fire warning shots like they always used to.
Modern police seem to not know anything at all about how to be police?
In the case of Bryant, a headshot from the right angle would have been preferable, but that's not easy to do, especially on a moving target.

But yes, they should pay more attention to the line of fire.

If the murder of George Floyd was an example of systemic racism as most of the News Entertainment Media says then why wasn’t Derek Chauvin charged with a hate crime or violation of civil rights?

George Floyd was just another Michael Avenatti.

How so?
Avenatti was trying to extort $25million from Nike, while Floyd just wanted to buy a pack of cigarettes and and may have passed a bad bill by mistake?

I think they already violated double jeopardy by convicting him of three crimes already.

But since Chauvin was actually a trainer, then it is really the whole police force that is biased and overly violent, so you can't just blame Chauvin. The police force has gotten increasingly bad and violent in the last 20 years.

The reason why is Demonicrat cities are out of control and drugs are plenty, legal too. That and when you make martyrs of thugs for the sake of sales, I don't suppose that bolds well for society and a police force.

Seems to me there is way too much control.
Floyd was doing anything he should even have been arrested for, much less choked to death?
It does not help the police force when they are encouraged to use excessive force.
It makes it worse for police, because then criminals will not cooperate when caught.
The result is a lot more dead cops.
Wait and see what the backlash is going to be.
No one is going to cooperate with police any more.
They are all going to resist arrest.
And that is going to mean more dead cops.

Floyd was doing anything he should even have been arrested for, much less choked to death?
It does not help the police force when they are encouraged to use excessive force.
It makes it worse for police, because then criminals will not cooperate when caught.

All the coons resist now. That's why they get blown away.

Chauvin was probably a bad cop, but Floyd was a life-long felon. The world is a better place today with
him gone.

Nah, Floyd only committed one crime in his life that we know of, almost 40 years ago, and he normally was gainfully employed most of the time.

No, believe me,....
Why?

Then don't believe me.
Just find some old clothes, especially army surplus, and do a dump run in an old beat up and rusty pickup truck.
Then drive through a wealthier neighborhood.
I almost guarantee you are going to get stopped and harassed illegally.
That would be a completely failed "guarantee."

Wrong.
I frequently do flips and get pulled over by the police all the time when I appear poor.
But I never get pulled over in a nice car on the way to a computer job.
I would not have said it was guaranteed unless I had already done it, many times.

Chauvin was and is a human.sacrifice on the altar of black grievance.

Elephant in the room says Floyd resisted arrest and now he's the one that's dead.

Elephant in the room says Floyd resisted arrest and now he's the one that's dead.
Another elephant in the room is that if Floyd was white, no one would care that he's dead.

It is possible he was just a bad cop. The available evidence doesn't speak to his motives. It is however not important what they were in order to come to the conclusion that systemic racism does exist within law enforcement and people of colour certainly have a point when they claim they are treated differently by cops.

That's why they assume that whenever something like this happens and is has happened a lot that racism is a factor.

Real or not in the Chauvin case, the fact that this is the default assumption ( the not unreasonable assumption) by the black community speaks to the need for meaningful change within law enforcement.

If I resist arrest, get handcuffed pit on the ground and then get executed would you accept the cop saying I resisted as an excuse?

Chauvin remained on Floyd's neck for 4 whole minutes AFTER he was unconscious. Seems to me that there's a conspicuous lack of recistance in people who aren't breathing.

Last edited:

If I resist arrest, get handcuffed pit on the ground and then get executed would you accept the cop saying I resisted as an excuse?

Chauvin remained on Floyd's nexk for 4 whole minutes AFTER he was unconscious. Seems to me that there's a conspicuous lack of recistance in people who aren't breathing.

The REASON Floyd was on the ground is he REFUSED to get into the car. He resisted arrest throughout, and that put him on the ground EXACTLY where he was supposed to be. I won't speak for the knee, though I've always said if anything the cop didn't show due diligence because the thug said he couldn't breath even BEFORE he was apprehended.

And you left context, which is the left sells this as a race issue. If it's a race issue it's ONLY because Demonicrats run black communities into the ground.

Last edited:

Chauvin remained on Floyd's nexk for 4 whole minutes AFTER he was unconscious. Seems to me that there's a conspicuous lack of recistance in people who aren't breathing.

The REASON Floyd was on the ground is he REFUSED to get into the car. He resisted arrest throughout, and that put him on the ground EXACTLY where he was supposed to be. I won't speak for the knee, though I've always said if anything the cop didn't show due diligence because the thug said he couldn't breath even BEFORE he was apprehended.

And you left context, which is the left sells this as a race issue. If it's a race issue it's ONLY because Demonicrats run black communities into the ground.
The reason for Floyd being on the ground is irrelevant to the reason Chauvin got convicted of murder. The question isn't if the police is allowed to use force, the question is if the force applied in this case was appropriate. Something you just said you don't want to discuss.

I understand why you don't want to discuss that since the answer to that question is no. And the logical next question would be then. Why was that force applied then? It's the heart of the OP.

Was it like the OP suggested a case of a single bad cop? Was it a case of racism? Is it a problem of how law enforcement does their job regardless of race? Or is is a result of systemic racism.

What Floyd did however is completely irrelevant.

Prosecution did a good job of limiting the charges to what they knew they could prove. Maybe he didn't have a social media posting history or US Message board posting history, showing racist remarks. Does not mean it was or wasn't, but by sticking to the easily proved, it was a slam dunk. Over charging and under delivering will sometimes piss a jury off and mess up the whole outcome.
Is it possible he was a bad cop but not a racist?
Of course it's possible that he could be just a bad cop and not racist but how probable is that theory?

If I wanted to test it, I would look at the complaints filed against him and see if he treats other white males in the same manner as he does non-whites. If he doesn't I believe the courts allow an inference to be made that his motivation for treating non-whites in the manner he does is more probable than not, one of racism.

Prosecution did a good job of limiting the charges to what they knew they could prove. Maybe he didn't have a social media posting history or US Message board posting history, showing racist remarks. Does not mean it was or wasn't, but by sticking to the easily proved, it was a slam dunk. Over charging and under delivering will sometimes piss a jury off and mess up the whole outcome.
Of course it's possible that he could be just a bad cop and not racist but how probable is that theory?

If I wanted to test it, I would look at the complaints filed against him and see if he treats other white males in the same manner as he does non-whites. If he doesn't I believe the courts allow an inference to be made that his motivation for treating non-whites in the manner he does is more probable than not, one of racism.
I don't think a court could make an inference on the basis of Chauvin's past record. The bar in the court system is beyond reasonable doubt and asigning motives on the basis of what you are suggesting seems to be to flimsy.

Of course this doesn't speak to what public opinion uses. The most reasonable explanation seems sufficient there and of course Chauvin's past actions would be a good place to test racism as a motive to come to a reasonable explanation.

I don't think a court could make an inference on the basis of Chauvin's past record. The bar in the court system is beyond reasonable doubt and asigning motives on the basis of what you are suggesting seems to be to flimsy.

Of course this doesn't speak to what public opinion uses. The most reasonable explanation seems sufficient there and of course Chauvin's past actions would be a good place to test racism as a motive to come to a reasonable explanation.
I have no knowledge of whether or not an investigative report into past citizen complaints against Chauvin would be allowed to be presented to the court, nor did I intend to imply that it would suffice as proof enough to overcome the 98% threshold of beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't do criminal defense work nor am I an attorney but I do know that inference is allowed in civil racial discrimination filings, specifically Title VII claims.

In any case I was simply offering an answer to the OP's question.

No, believe me,....
Why?

Then don't believe me.
Just find some old clothes, especially army surplus, and do a dump run in an old beat up and rusty pickup truck.
Then drive through a wealthier neighborhood.
I almost guarantee you are going to get stopped and harassed illegally.
That would be a completely failed "guarantee."

Wrong.
I frequently do flips and get pulled over by the police all the time when I appear poor.
But I never get pulled over in a nice car on the way to a computer job.
I would not have said it was guaranteed unless I had already done it, many times.
You are full of shit. I am in densely populated urban neighborhoods every day. You won't pull any lies past me.

I do not think the prior complaints have been released from behind the blue curtain of silence.

Forum List

Back