Chaos and anarchy coming to NY?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Chaos and anarchy. That's what New York Gov. David Paterson is warning if he's forced to shut down the government in a few days.

The clowns in the state Legislature, now deadlocked for 71 days on the budget, are ready to take down the "big tent" and bring state government to a standstill. At least that's what Paterson thinks.

"No one knows the full ramifications of a government shutdown," said Paterson. "It would create unimaginable chaos around the state and the greater metropolitan areas."

Such chaos includes closing all state parks, motor vehicles offices, courts, and even the lottery. Public assistance payments would not be made and unemployment payments might also be held up.

The governor is in this pickle, in part, because wild cards like Sen. Ruben Diaz Sr. (D-Bronx) and possibly scandal-scarred Sen. Pedro Espada (D-Bronx) might not go along.

Sources said the next emergency bill from Paterson will have up to $350 million in cuts to human services and mental health. But Republicans, who could become Paterson's new allies in the budget battle, aren't satisfied with that.

They want $750 million in new cuts like:

* Delaying the 10 percent welfare grant increases
* Withholding welfare from those who don't comply with employment requirements
* Reducing the personal needs allowance of people in drug and alcohol programs

Diaz will not go along with that.

"I am not voting for any more cuts. I understand that it is painful," said Diaz. "But the governor is leaving me no choice."

The other renegade, Espada, thinks there might be a budget deal in the offing, but, he said, "I would vote no if such a massive cut were included because the state needs a fiscal plan.

Chaos, Anarchy To Reign If Gov. David Paterson Shuts Down New York - wcbstv.com

Seem like reasonable cuts to me. What say you?

Chaos and anarchy. That's what New York Gov. David Paterson is warning if he's forced to shut down the government in a few days.

The clowns in the state Legislature, now deadlocked for 71 days on the budget, are ready to take down the "big tent" and bring state government to a standstill. At least that's what Paterson thinks.

"No one knows the full ramifications of a government shutdown," said Paterson. "It would create unimaginable chaos around the state and the greater metropolitan areas."

Such chaos includes closing all state parks, motor vehicles offices, courts, and even the lottery. Public assistance payments would not be made and unemployment payments might also be held up.

The governor is in this pickle, in part, because wild cards like Sen. Ruben Diaz Sr. (D-Bronx) and possibly scandal-scarred Sen. Pedro Espada (D-Bronx) might not go along.

Sources said the next emergency bill from Paterson will have up to $350 million in cuts to human services and mental health. But Republicans, who could become Paterson's new allies in the budget battle, aren't satisfied with that.

"I am not voting for any more cuts. I understand that it is painful," said Diaz. "But the governor is leaving me no choice."

The other renegade, Espada, thinks there might be a budget deal in the offing, but, he said, "I would vote no if such a massive cut were included because the state needs a fiscal plan.

and you know the effect of that money?

from what i'm told, paterson is using a hatchet when a scalpel is needed. those cuts aren't the major issue.

he's an idiot and he's trying to give the finger to ny before he heads out the door.

from what i'm told, paterson is using a hatchet when a scalpel is needed. those cuts aren't the major issue.

he's an idiot and he's trying to give the finger to ny before he heads out the door.

Why would he do that?

Don't you all remember the chaos and anarchy when the fed shut down in the Clinton years? It was HELL ON EARTH..... oh wait, no one actually noticed!?!?!

Don't you all remember the chaos and anarchy when the fed shut down in the Clinton years? It was HELL ON EARTH..... oh wait, no one actually noticed!?!?!

Your so right. No one even noticed when the Clowns in DC quitt working. LOL

Cities and States across the country are going to have to take a hatchet to their budgets. Cut out some of the freebies. Make people responsible for themselves for a change. None of them are going to have the money for all the social bs programs out there.

Good idea in my book.

Sorry dear you are disqualified from discussing this since we ALL KNOW you are a far left loon that thinks the Government should babysit everyone. You don't like the Governor cause Obama wants him out. When will you stop sucking on Obama's thumb and make your own INFORMED decisions?

Sorry dear you are disqualified from discussing this since we ALL KNOW you are a far left loon that thinks the Government should babysit everyone. You don't like the Governor cause Obama wants him out. When will you stop sucking on Obama's thumb and make your own INFORMED decisions?

That is fucking hilarious coming from you considering that you just posted in another thread not even two fucking minutes ago that taxpayers have the right to expect the coast guard to come save them for free when they do something stupid.

Looks like retardedgunnysgt is a liar and a hypocrite

Gotta love the American Way! :lol::lol::lol:

Meanwhile, that little shit tried to give his staff a substantial raise, refuses to raise revenues, and is trying to balance the budget on the most vulnerable to hard times. I have a few ideas for cuts.How about the salaries of the State Senate, Patterson's salary, his personal staff's salaries, the outings or caterings for meetings, and the closing off of a few wings of the Governors mansion to save on the electric bills?

Wow NY and CA are both disasters and what is the common thread between them?

Could it be....

DEMOCRATS!!!?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Could it be....

DEMOCRATS!!!?

california has a repub governor. :cuckoo:

nyc has a repub mayor :cuckoo:

Arnold is the only "Republican" in the CA government and he gave up even trying when the Democrats who run the state told him to fuck off because they were determined to spend the state to death

You make a good point, NYC is the one saving grace for NY, the only bright spot because it was run by Rudy and Emperor Bloomberg. Now the Dems want to choke it to death financially by "reforming" Wall Street.

Maybe you'll get David Dinkins back? Who know? Maybe Charlie Rangel will be Mayor?

Could it be....

DEMOCRATS!!!?

Arnold is the only "Republican" in the CA government and he gave up even trying when the Democrats who run the state told him to fuck off because they were determined to spend the state to death

You make a good point, NYC is the one saving grace for NY, the only bright spot because it was run by Rudy and Emperor Bloomberg. Now the Dems want to choke it to death financially by "reforming" Wall Street.

Maybe you'll get David Dinkins back? Who know? Maybe Charlie Rangel will be Mayor?

the problem in california is the stupidity of rules that require a supermajority to do the budget.

honey, i voted for giuliani and bloomberg.... :eusa_whistle:

i'm hoping for anthony weiner. ;o)

but might be de blasi.

the problem in california is the stupidity of rules that require a supermajority to do the budget.

but might be de blasi.

Weiner? for Mayor? Good Grief! Are you serious?

Who's be Blasi?

I don't believe Emperor Bloomberg will willingly give up his throne.Do people still have to kneel and kiss his Bloomberg machine when they're in his pretense?

I think the hatchet is exactly what's needed. New York is one of the most expensive and highest taxed states in the country. People are leaving and businesses are leaving. It's going to become California the Sequel.

but might be de blasi.

Weiner? for Mayor? Good Grief! Are you serious?

Who's be Blasi?

I don't believe Emperor Bloomberg will willingly give up his throne.Do people still have to kneel and kiss his Bloomberg machine when they're in his pretense?

bloomberg's not getting another term. i like him, but people aren't going to tolerate that next time around.... especially now that he proved himself vulnerable... even to a weak challenger.

i love anthony. :)

sorry... de blasio, not deblasi that was a typo. the public advocate.

Forum List

Back