Chanting USA is Racist.

Didn't say it was.

It's not about free speech either. It's about the expectations of proper conduct of school students at a school function. It has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING you posted.

There is a time and place for everything...It was in poor taste perhaps, but to ignore the chants 'Alamo whites' is just unfair.

I thought I was clear that both sides were wrong. I also stated that kids will be kids and a proper addressment of the issue should happen. But since everyone in this thread is focused on the USA rant that's what I've addressed.

How obtuse can you possibly be?

Two AMERICAN teams played against each other.

The losing team had a majority Hispanic-American Roster.

The chant of "USA" was to taunt their Hispanic backgro0und, and if you're going to sit there and deny that - then you're either daft or dishonest.

bullshit.

Anyone who doesnt see this as "biased" is either blind or folling themselves.

Thgrough my son, I have been to dozens of HS basketball games....dozens of HS lacrosse games.....dozens of HS football games...and close to 40 college football games.

I have NEVER heard USA chanted in the stands.

Yet...for some reason....it was in this ONE game.

I didnt like it. Yes they had the right to do it....but it was wrong.

According to one article, this has happened at several other schools recently. You don't think it could be because so many have family or friends in putting their lives on the line for our country in the middle east do you?

The intent is clear. You can't be serious with this question.

He probably didn't read all the details of the story.

Mild racism is still racism.

I read all the details. The losing team supposedly chanted Alamo whites before entering the locker room...though that is not substantiated. Funny how there is video of the people in the stands chanting USA, but no video of the losing team entering the locker room. The losing team didn't hear anything. The winning team's fans chanted USA for about 5 seconds before the coach stopped them. The school aplogized to the losing school but the losing school, who apparently never heard anything, says that's not good enough.

In today's climate, with our soldiers at war in the middle east, I don't think it's unreasonable to chant "USA" when you win a game and if the losing team were Americans, they would have joined the chant. If they weren't, why are they here getting a free education from our tax dollars?

The coach knew it wouldnt go over well... he did the right thing.

Damn, we are talking about kids in HS for goodness sake.

Your right again sheila :cool: We have kids dying overseas for us here in America, and they are watching it being pillaged by folks from south of our borders every day.

Thgrough my son, I have been to dozens of HS basketball games....dozens of HS lacrosse games.....dozens of HS football games...and close to 40 college football games.

According to one article, this has happened at several other schools recently. You don't think it could be because so many have family or friends in putting their lives on the line for our country in the middle east do you?

No.

Certainly not in this case.

Come on...spin it all you want.

But only someone who is intentionally blind to reality would try to claim it was something else.

It's not about free speech either. It's about the expectations of proper conduct of school students at a school function. It has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING you posted.

There is a time and place for everything...It was in poor taste perhaps, but to ignore the chants 'Alamo whites' is just unfair.

I thought I was clear that both sides were wrong. I also stated that kids will be kids and a proper addressment of the issue should happen. But since everyone in this thread is focused on the USA rant that's what I've addressed.

I understand... I just want it to be very clear that the 'other team' was the instigator here, and it should not be forgotten. Just look at post before this one... by jarhead.

We are pretty much in agreement Gramps
:cool:

Last edited:

No.

But only someone who is intentionally blind to reality would try to claim it was something else.

Something other than retaliation?

Did this school chant USA after any other game?

If yes?

Then it was innocent.

If not?

It was antagonistic.

did THESE kids burn the American flag, or raise the Mexican flag higher, or anything like that? If they did, I'm sure you can provide a link proving it... right?

if you cannot provide a link, then you are simply lumping ALL Mexicans and people of Mexican descent into a single group.

You think the progressive media would report on Mexicans intimidating whites??

I've never seen the progressive media report that shit..

Hell some white kid was just lit on fire by a bunch of blacks - did that get any media attention? NOPE - not nationally..

Of course if a white kid lit a black kid on fire it would be a national media sensation that would go on for months...

You see how that works??

People don't do shit without reason... Those kids yelled "USA" for a provoked reason.

Besides La Raza brainwashed latinos are some of the most hateful and belligerent fucks around (next to progressives of course).

:lol: so you WERE lying earlier when you tried to play it off like you didn't know why they'd do such a thing maliciously? :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

I wasn't lying - I was using common sense and logic.

People do shit for a reason...

If yes?

Then it was innocent.

If not?

It was antagonistic.

Again.... 'Alamo whites' being chanted is OK?

No.... its not.

This is an attempt by LULAC to make a wedge between whites and hispanics a bit wider.

No.

Reality is that while I am white, I come from a "melted" family. I have relatives of ALL races and I love them. This gives me a unique perspective. IF this was racially motivated, that would make the team chanting "USA" stupid, because the other team was also a "USA" team. And you cannot convince me that there are no hispanics in their highschool. Why would they chant something that would "offend" their own classmates?

Just because the majority of the highschool of the winning team is white does not make them racist, it only makes them white.

No.

Reality is that while I am white, I come from a "melted" family. I have relatives of ALL races and I love them. This gives me a unique perspective. IF this was racially motivated, that would make the team chanting "USA" stupid, because the other team was also a "USA" team. And you cannot convince me that there are no hispanics in their highschool. Why would they chant something that would "offend" their own classmates?

Just because the majority of the highschool of the winning team is white does not make them racist, it only makes them white.

:clap2:

If yes?

Then it was innocent.

If not?

It was antagonistic.

Bullshit......

A) you don't know their intent.

B) you don't know the other teams intent.

You have all the facts of the story??

No, you have partisan knee-jerk accusations that lead to other knee-jerk reactions...

No.

So, they just spontaneously started a USA USA USA chant? They suddenly became all caught up in pride for the USA? After beating another American HS team, and not a foreign team? The fact that the losing team was primarily made up of Hispanic Americans had absolutely nothing to do with it?

Pinocchio_nose_grows-thumb-350x259-52448.jpg

No.

So, they just spontaneously started a USA USA USA chant? They suddenly became all caught up in pride for the USA? After beating another American HS team, and not a foreign team? The fact that the losing team was primarily made up of Hispanic Americans had absolutely nothing to do with it?

You said "hispanic Americans", why would "USA" offend any American? Black, white, brown, red or purple?

If yes?

Then it was innocent.

If not?

It was antagonistic.

Bullshit......

No, you have partisan knee-jerk accusations that lead to other knee-jerk reactions...

people in glass houses should not throw stones.

You don't know their intent
You don't know the other teams intent
All you've spewed so far in this thread are hateful, knee-jerk, racist, lumping ALL Mexicans together reactions.

You're quite possibly the biggest racist on this board, and that's saying something.

If yes?

Then it was innocent.

If not?

It was antagonistic.

Bullshit......

I have no less facts than you have.

Yet you seem able to debate the topic just fine.

Stop acting like a horses ass and.....wait....my error.....

You ARE a horses ass...maybe you should start acting like you are not.

No.

Well once again you shit for brains - the "other team" would not be offended if they embraced the United States.

I'm a dark skinned Sicilian - do you think I would get offended if my opponents in a basketball game chanted USA???

Only an evil anti-US twit would be offended by "USA."

If you're offended by that then you're clearly a pussy ass anti-US asshole..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back