Center for East Asia Policy Studies at Brookings & Japan-America Society of DC hosted the ninth annual Japan in the Year program with Rahm Emanuel

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
obviously not many would want to watch a 3 hour video like this. 2 of my bros are arguing and i'm trying to make peace so i'll watch the video later and summarize it for ya!

Even if Germany and Japan do increase their military spending to the stratosphere, they would still remain free riders on American power

• Banned
Japan will double its military defense spending, breaking with decades of precedent as it looks to strengthen its ability to counter Beijing. The update to the country’s security strategy elevates China over North Korea as the top threat.

• Banned
FTbPU33UAAIrl0x

FTbPIQ0UEAA7Zeb

FTbPI1cUEAAUpLV

Japan will double its military defense spending, breaking with decades of precedent as it looks to strengthen its ability to counter Beijing. The update to the country’s security strategy elevates China over North Korea as the top threat.

We've changed their culture enough to not have to worry about them anymore, and their economy is so linked to the US economy that they would be idiots to counter us.

Now as a counter to China, the more the merrier. We can rely on South Korea as an available ally now, but if North Korea ever disintegrates they will have a reunification issue 100 times worse than Germany did. The South Koreans would still be on our side, they would just be too busy.

Forum List

Back