Celebrating Robert E. Lee's Birthday Today Brings Out Southern Pride And Patriotism

Yes, recognized and protected. That has little bearing on whether or not others own slaves. You seem to fall for the typical fallacy that sicne the C.C protected the institution (as it was viewed as private property of the time), that means that every confederacy state MUST own slaves. The slave trade was already dying. Right along with slavery the world over. It would have ended on its own, as many confederates believed. The difference is, the confederacy didnt want congress deciding for everyone that it ends by force. (a fuckin' oxymoron if one ever existed).

The confederates had no intention of allowing slavery to extinguish itself.

90% of every dollar was directly or indirectly tied up with the cotton industry, which rested on slavery.

And any day that slavery existed in North America was an extra day of sordid infamy.

Your obvious love for it is your attack on me ABOVE for supporting the North and West's victory over the South.

not true, i attacked your LIE that i support the south slavery. hence, i do not support slavery.

yet again, jake makes a claim and provides zero evidence to back it up and lies about what the person actually said.

Absolute truth. You attacked me for supporting the North and the West, which means that you supported the South and slavery.

where did i say you were wrong to support the north and west? cite the post, and don't cut it, quote the entire post.

Yes, recognized and protected. That has little bearing on whether or not others own slaves. You seem to fall for the typical fallacy that sicne the C.C protected the institution (as it was viewed as private property of the time), that means that every confederacy state MUST own slaves. The slave trade was already dying. Right along with slavery the world over. It would have ended on its own, as many confederates believed. The difference is, the confederacy didnt want congress deciding for everyone that it ends by force. (a fuckin' oxymoron if one ever existed).

90% of every dollar was directly or indirectly tied up with the cotton industry, which rested on slavery.

And any day that slavery existed in North America was an extra day of sordid infamy.

Fake, i realize you're a dumb fuck, but technology was already creating the conditions for outdating slave labor. Whether the confederacy liked it or not, it was well established that slavery was a dying institution.

Fake, i realize you're a dumb fuck, but technology was already creating the conditions for outdating slave labor. Whether the confederacy liked it or not, it was well established that slavery was a dying institution.

So why, if that was the case, would they have added this:
"Section 9
(4) No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed."?

'Southern Pride' is a true wait, what? :) Ya lost the war which was bad enough. But then venerate the ones responsible. Wait, what?! :)

State Sovereignty is immoral now?

:lmao:

Fucking history flunkies. Jeebus.

If the Civil War was fought, as you claim, over state's rights, why did the constitution of the CSA not support state's rights?

In fact, that constitution allowed no state the right to emancipate slaves. In fact, no state could even be admitted into the CSA unless it agreed to maintain slavery always.

And the idea of a state's right to secede was specifically and emphatically denied by that constitution.

Dude, you really need to read a history book.

Did you know that Gen. Ulysses Grant owned slaves even after the war? And he didn't free them until the 13th Amendment was passed.

Bottom line the war was fought over money.

Money, indeed. But fixed assets, not liquid assets.

They Southern Plantation owners paid upwards of $1500 for a male slave and they were not about to see all those assets disappear overnight.

They were fighting to protect their own slave economy.

The first patent on a Cotton Picker machine was 1933…

Who's the dumbfuck now?

not true, i attacked your LIE that i support the south slavery. hence, i do not support slavery.

yet again, jake makes a claim and provides zero evidence to back it up and lies about what the person actually said.

Absolute truth. You attacked me for supporting the North and the West, which means that you supported the South and slavery.

where did i say you were wrong to support the north and west? cite the post, and don't cut it, quote the entire post.

:eusa_whistle:

"Section 9
(4) No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed."?

because, again, for the thrid time, they didn't want congress infringing upon private property rights. I realize it's difficult when you do not read history, but the issue of slavery was that proponents viewed them as property, not people. Regardless of those moral implications, the idea was that the institution should be left unchallenged by forceful means.

They did not want congress, or the states, to infringe on what they viewed as property rights. I realize in todays federal authoritarian government, control over every facet of life by the government is essential to statists. Statism did not have the fololowing then it has today.

TASB may read but certainly does not comprehend. His comments above in no way contradicts what I posted earlier:

Go above, folks, and read all of the posts. You will see where Yurt attacked me after I defended the North and the West. Any who attack that position defends the South and slavery.

Once again, Yurt has fail. :lol:

I won't bother, but see if Yurt has edited any of his posts. I do all the time for grammar, etc. But Yurt will change things.

more lies and once again jake can't produce the post....because it doesn't exist

he knows i attacked his lie, not his position

"Section 9

because, again, for the thrid time, they didn't want congress infringing upon private property rights. I realize it's difficult when you do not read history, but the issue of slavery was that proponents viewed them as property, not people. Regardless of those moral implications, the idea was that the institution should be left unchallenged by forceful means.

They did not want congress, or the states, to infringe on what they viewed as property rights. I realize in todays federal authoritarian government, control over every facet of life by the government is essential to statists. Statism did not have the fololowing then it has today.

That is reading a lot into some very simple words. And I have studied history well enough to know that when you want to protect property rights and you are writing your constitution, you say "property rights". That specifically spoke to, and protected, the institution of slavery.

how proud you must be of losing the war :lol:

I am thrilled that the North and the West defeated the southern losers like you worship, Yurt. :lol:

do ever tire of lying. let's see, i mock those who are proud of the south losing the war and then you claim i worship them.

:cuckoo:

this is the post jake is referring to.

as anyone can see, i am not attacking his beliefs about slavery and the south, rather, his lie that i worship them.

more lies and once again jake can't produce the post....because it doesn't exist he knows i attacked his lie, not his position
Since there was no lie, you are lying about not attacking my position.

Every day in every way when you post you validate my sig.

I am thrilled that the North and the West defeated the southern losers like you worship, Yurt. :lol:

do ever tire of lying. let's see, i mock those who are proud of the south losing the war and then you claim i worship them.

:cuckoo:

this is the post jake is referring to.

as anyone can see, i am not attacking his beliefs about slavery and the south, rather, his lie that i worship them.

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back