CDC warns not to swim with diarrhea, but all Twitter can focus on is the gif the agency used

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
5f5491660584af55864e0601b3f67669.jpeg

Apparently the CDC has nothing better to do than to make up fake problems. First of all, most folks would not do that in the first place and second, don't most pools dump anti-bacterial chemicals in? Chlorine , etc. The CDC....Your tax dollars wasted on stupid videos that will make no difference whatsoever.

don't most pools dump anti-bacterial chemicals in? Chlorine

Chlorine isn't universally effective against all pathogens. Some fecally transmitted pathogens have a very high tolerance to chlorine.
OK I will defer to your chemical anti-pathogen knowledge but basically, the CDC is harping on a problem that generally doesn't exist. If it did, more people would come down with those pathogens after swimming in a public pool. Public pools have signs posted not to do that kind of thing in the pool as well. We don't need to spend tax dollars on a fantasy, fake video.

Chlorine isn't universally effective against all pathogens. Some fecally transmitted pathogens have a very high tolerance to chlorine.
OK I will defer to your chemical anti-pathogen knowledge but basically, the CDC is harping on a problem that generally doesn't exist. If it did, more people would come down with those pathogens after swimming in a public pool. Public pools have signs posted not to do that kind of thing in the pool as well. We don't need to spend tax dollars on a fantasy, fake video.

You're right about that. Dangerous outbreaks from swimming pools aren't common or much of a threat to the general population. So, I expect a Tweet is really all the attention it deserves.

We took our daughter to Disney Orlando 20 years ago and I'll never forget that she had to leave the pool three times in an afternoon so "solids" could be removed and the water filtered. That's right... a regular Caddy Shack, Baby Ruth moment, three times in a few hours. Children don't understand the dangers but adults have to be responsible or this common occurrence can spread disease. Add to this the exponential increase of illegals who have no such standards at home and it makes the ad that much more necessary.

We took our daughter to Disney Orlando 20 years ago and I'll never forget that she had to leave the pool three times in an afternoon so "solids" could be removed and the water filtered. That's right... a regular Caddy Shack, Baby Ruth moment, three times in a few hours. Children don't understand the dangers but adults have to be responsible or this common occurrence can spread disease. Add to this the exponential increase of illegals who have no such standards at home and it makes the ad that much more necessary.
You can't spell "pool" without "poo."

You can't spell "pool" without "poo."
This thread is perfect for your username.
:auiqs.jpg:

This tweet is Twitter gold.

View attachment 508583
How utterly stupid, insane and disgusting!! First off, the pool is a kiddie pool in someone's backyard and 2nd of all kiddie pools don't have water slides. This shows what Washington D.C. thinks of the American people. They are the disgusting ones. Fuck them all.

Apparently the CDC has nothing better to do than to make up fake problems. First of all, most folks would not do that in the first place and second, don't most pools dump anti-bacterial chemicals in? Chlorine , etc. The CDC....Your tax dollars wasted on stupid videos that will make no difference whatsoever.
It's a silly little tweet. How much do you think that cost?

This tweet is Twitter gold.

Well, if people learn from it, then great
Learn what? Not to shit in a pool? Who the fuck doesn’t know that?

Forum List

Back