CDC Now Recommends Wearing Face Masks Indoors In 9 FL Counties

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
CDC Now Recommends Wearing Face Masks Indoors In 9 FL Counties
D'Ann Lawrence White

FLORIDA — Following a notable increase in coronavirus cases as Florida residents and visitors gathered for major concerts and festivals over the Memorial Day weekend, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has expanded its recommendation that people wear face masks when attending indoor activities or using public transportation to Hillsborough, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota, Pasco and Alachua counties.

On Thursday, a spike in coronavirus cases prompted the CDC to issue an indoor mask recommendation for Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward counties.

Open SmartNews and read "CDC Now Recommends Wearing Face Masks Indoors In 9 FL Counties" here: CDC Now Recommends Wearing Face Masks Indoors In 9 FL Counties
To read it on the web, tap here: CDC Now Recommends Wearing Face Masks Indoors In 9 FL Counties

Lol, mostly democrat run counties in Florida.

I hope when Trump gets back in he disbands the CDC. It does nothing but harm. It's only about control, control, control.

They won't let this lie die...

This virus is 0.137 microns in size.

Anything you wear that does not filter below this size is useless. The average face covering has holes greater than 100 microns in size. This is roughly 900 times bigger than the virus. Your medical procedure masks have holes that are 50 microns in size. None of them have seals around the edge so they do NOTHING to protect you.

Now consider that all of the buildings in Florida are air conditioned. This means the humidity is very low (less than 30%). this allows the virus to dry out and pass through small holes.

Even the CDC's own data shows masking, as a mitigation strategy, fails greater than 99% of the time. It also increases the rates of bacterial infections making you more susceptible to the COVID infection.

None of the masking commands are scientifically driven.

Last edited:
I hope when Trump gets back in he disbands the CDC. It does nothing but harm. It's only about control, control, control.
Every government agency. Start with the irs, then the fbi, then the cdc, so on and so forth.

Every government agency. Start with the irs, then the fbi, then the cdc, so on and so forth.
1. Disband Education
2. Disband CDC
3. Disband the useless Homeland Security ---- or the FBI, I don't care, but toss out ONE of them!

Does not affect me, as not where I vacation.

How does the virus travel? Does it just float around on its own or is it attached to other particles?
Excellent question!

The virus is generally expelled, water encapsulated, from breathing. When we cough or when we intubate a person, they send out micro particles. These particles are about 1.675 microns in size, when wet. Once in the air, especially in humidity-controlled (air conditioned) environments like buildings, they dry very quickly, and their size reduces rapidly.

In a typical building of 30-40% humidity, they can become near dry particles in about 60 seconds. This means they are slightly larger than 0.137 microns. Simply walking through them will create eddies (currents) which will keep them afloat or pull them up off the floor back into the air. This virus can live dry for about 12 hours.
Your mask might stop large clusters of this virus when you cough or sneeze, but they will not stop the aerosolized particles. Anything short of a sealed mask, with filtration, below <0.13 microns is useless at stopping you from becoming infected.

University of BC - COVID19 size -Screenshot 2021-10-02 .png

Forum List

Back