What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CBS Posts Cropped Video of Adam Toledo Shooting on Twitter, Leaving Gun Out of Frame

WTF19

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You guys are smokin' crack. I didn't see anything cropped out of that video, and cbs takes pains to point out the gun in their actual, interested, real report.

Your "media" is lying to you again.
no---you are with that post....LIE noted

B. Kidd

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many future 'Little Diablo's' Joe and the Dimm's are importing into our Country?

lantern2814

Platinum Member
Reaction score
This kid should have kept his back turned and slowly raised his hands so the cop could see them clearly. Don’t wheel around on a cop who knows you have a gun. That’s a clear threat.

LeftofLeft

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If he dropped the gun, he was not pointing the gun at police therefore the officers life was not in jeopardy. The fact that he had a gun does not justify deadly force.

you make it sound like the police had all the time in the world to react and determine if the gun was in his hands or not at the time of the shot. When a perpetrator has a gun deadly force becomes a potential outcome. Put yourself in the shoes of the police. It’s easy to Monday morning quarterback.

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Digusting. This is reckless and inciting racial tension on behalf of a false narrative and ratings. People who are perpetuating this should all soak their fucking heads.

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Digusting. This is reckless and inciting racial tension on behalf of a false narrative and ratings. People who are perpetuating this should all soak their fucking heads.

Please place media related threads in the Media forum. Thanks

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They edited the video for political reasons. What is the line between politics and media?

JackOfNoTrades

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He clearly had his hands in the air with no gun in his hands when shot.

And this is the main problem I have with this particular shooting. This is very similar to the Tamir Rice shooting in Cleveland years ago.
Just roll up and fire. The difference here is the kid is complying. And the cop still shot him. So we are actually down to shooting first and
sorting it out later?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Reaction score

And this is the main problem I have with this particular shooting. This is very similar to the Tamir Rice shooting in Cleveland years ago.
Just roll up and fire. The difference here is the kid is complying. And the cop still shot him. So we are actually down to shooting first and
sorting it out later?

Due process. If the cop broke the law, he should be held accountable. Why did Toledo run in the first place?

pknopp

Gold Member
Reaction score

sorting it out later?

Due process. If the cop broke the law, he should be held accountable. Why did Toledo run in the first place?

He was a scared kid.

JackOfNoTrades

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

sorting it out later?

Doesn't matter why he ran. Lots of people run from the cops. All races, colors, and creed.
The kid dropped the gun, and the cop shot him..in a nanosecond. Fear, anger, and adrenaline
all come together to override common sense. Sorry, not excusable. Same kind of argument
for mistaking a handgun for a taser.

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Reaction score

sorting it out later?

He was a scared kid.

Awful situation. A kid shooting a gun can kill you just as much as a 95 year old shooting a gun.

Gangsters use kids to do their bidding. Its awful. Chicago is like Libya.

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Reaction score

sorting it out later?

Doesn't matter why he ran. Lots of people run from the cops. All races, colors, and creed.
The kid dropped the gun, and the cop shot him..in a nanosecond. Fear, anger, and adrenaline
all come together to override common sense. Sorry, not excusable. Same kind of argument

Yep. Fucking tragedy and the cop should get his day in court.

Odd that the cop who killed Ashli Babbitt wont see court.

JackOfNoTrades

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

sorting it out later?

Sigh...was this kid participating in an open attempt to subvert the government of the...oh for the love of all that's holy, you know where I'm going with this....jeez.
Oh, yeah, and the media isn't responsible for all of the ills. As I understand it, the gun was already on the ground when the cop shot him. Why would it matter
if it was cropped out of the frame? The media already reported he had a gun.

pknopp

Gold Member
Reaction score

sorting it out later?

He was a scared kid.

Awful situation. A kid shooting a gun can kill you just as much as a 95 year old shooting a gun.

Gangsters use kids to do their bidding. Its awful. Chicago is like Libya.

As do politicians and wall street.

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Reaction score

sorting it out later?

Sigh...was this kid participating in an open attempt to subvert the government of the...oh for the love of all that's holy, you know where I'm going with this....jeez.
Oh, yeah, and the media isn't responsible for all of the ills. As I understand it, the gun was already on the ground when the cop shot him. Why would it matter
if it was cropped out of the frame? The media already reported he had a gun.

A cop killing a person should always be subject to due process.

Why wouldnt that be the case?

John T. Ford

Diamond Member
Reaction score
A cop killing a person should always be subject to due process.

Why wouldnt that be the case?
Why because she was an unarmed White woman shot by a Black LEO, of course and most importantly she was not of the right political affiliation to be afforded "due process" or Social Just-Us.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List