CBO: Obamacare Subsidies To Cost 29% Less Than Expected

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Obamacare’s projected cost falls due to lower premiums under health care law, CBO says

By
Max Ehrenfreund
March 9
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...eive-coverage-under-health-care-law-cbo-says/
The estimated cost of President Obama's signature health care law is continuing to fall.

<snip>

CBO issued its new estimates less than a week after the Supreme Court heard a case challenging a crucial provision of the law. It’s unclear how the justices will rule, and a decision against the Obama administration could make these estimates irrelevant.

In revising their estimates, the agency noted two trends.

The first is the relatively modest increase in how much private insurance companies spend on their policyholders' health care. Between 1998 and 2005, spending on health care increased by an average of 5 percent per year, adjusting for inflation and demographics. That figure fell to 1.8 percent per year for the period from 2006 to 2013, the latest year for which data are available.

<snip>

omg, you hear that people. He going to save you all a few extra pennies so you can give it to YOUR FAMILIES instead of everyone else

just wow, the BS propaganda that comes out for this Monster Government growing Entitlement they put on all our backs called, OscamCare is sickening

Last edited:
You know, I really have to hand it to Republicans. I mean, sure, I wanted single payer or at least a Public Option in Health Care Reform, but the Republican's health care plan that the Democrats co-opted is doing all right. The Heritage Foundation actually had a good idea and it is working.

Where the GOP made the mistake is in not implementing this plan of theirs when they were in power...now they have nothing to "replace" it with AND the black guy gets credit for their work. Too bad, so sad.

More dishonesty from the Obamabots. Can't say I'm surprised.

Obamacare exchange customers are about to see spikes in their premiums, the Congressional Budget Office predicted Monday, saying insurers that offer plans are facing twin pressures from the government and the marketplace that will mean hikes of more than 8 percent a year through 2018.

Read more: Obamacare premiums to spike but law is cheaper than expected - Washington Times

How so? or-----or are you just giving the typical, no information Republican whine for the sake of whining?

Obamacare exchange customers are about to see spikes in their premiums, the Congressional Budget Office predicted Monday, saying insurers that offer plans are facing twin pressures from the government and the marketplace that will mean hikes of more than 8 percent a year through 2018.

Read more: Obamacare premiums to spike but law is cheaper than expected - Washington Times

You have a report that disagrees with the CBO?

The CBO themselves have been all over the board on this,they in effect contradict themselves.
No confidence in accuracy at all.

You know, I really have to hand it to Republicans. I mean, sure, I wanted single payer or at least a Public Option in Health Care Reform, but the Republican's health care plan that the Democrats co-opted is doing all right. The Heritage Foundation actually had a good idea and it is working.

Where the GOP made the mistake is in not implementing this plan of theirs when they were in power...now they have nothing to "replace" it with AND the black guy gets credit for their work. Too bad, so sad.
It wasbt a republican plan. As often as that meme is debunked you still repeat it. Because you're fucking stupid.
Second, the law the Democrats passed has still not been implemented. It has changed so often by fiat that it isnt the same law. Thus the present Supreme Court case.
Third, how is it good news that we're only spending gazillions of dollars we dont have rather than brazillions of dollars we dont have?

Um... yeah... or did you not see that it's FROM the CBO?

Forum List

Back