CBO: Obama stimulus still boosting jobs

Really? Are you retarded? btw that's a rhetorical question.

"The stimulus has not created one private sector job." Gov. Rick Scott, 2010

PolitiFact Florida | Rick Scott says the stimulus didn't create a single private sector job

"You know, after the $1 trillion dollars stimulus bill that didn’t create any jobs..." Boehner

"The Obama stimulus has been a monumental failure that hasn't created a single job..." Newt Gingrich

Gingrich And Boehner Argue Stimulus Is A ‘Failure’ That Hasn’t Created ‘A Single Job’ | ThinkProgress

"The last stimulus bill didn’t create one new job..." Scott Brown

PolitiFact | Scott Brown says stimulus 'didn't create one new job'

Etc., etc.

No, that was never the issue, except when it was. :lol::lol:

I said "create jobs" not "create private sector jobs"

The truth is, the stimulus created temporary jobs....not real jobs. The jobs are only as good as long as the money lasts. It did nothing poisitive for creating permanent private sector jobs.

And no...I am not retarded. To the contrary, I am quite intelligent with a degree from Syracuse University in Economics (Maxwell School of Citizenship) and have run 3 companies of which one I sold after 5 years and the other two are surviving nicely during these difficult times.

You're an idiot and an asshole and if you have a degree from SU you must have sucked cock to get it because you are clueless when it comes to economics.

transaltion:

I am not able to debate you for you are using weay too much logic and it is impossible to refute logic, so instead I will call you names and knock your intelligence.

In other words...

I win...you lose again NYCarbineer.

Did the stimulus work? A review of the nine best studies on the subject - Ezra Klein - The Washington Post

The stimulus worked and the ONLY people saying it did not is partisan hacks on the right

Get us a list of all the benchmarks Obama and his elite Washington insider teams set for the stimulus… then show how many of the benchmarks were hit by the stimulus… Then you will see how badly the stimulus failed. No one cares that Obama accidently saved the US from a Depression, in fact most think it’s somewhat arrogant of Obama to try and spin his costly failed policy off as not stopping a recession but instead stopping us from a Depression he nor his team saw possible.

The Unemployment rate was 8.2% when Obama signed the 'crapulus' bill into law in Fed 2009. We were told it would keep the rate from going above that level.

Since it was signed, the rate was below 9% only 4 of the 28 months that have passed.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

It did shit to the rate.

When were you told that stimulus would keep unemployment below 8%??

Lets see the quote

They were never told that, but they've definitely been told to say that.
I guess Romer wasnt affiliated with the administration.

Barack Obama's Stimulus Plan: Failing by Its Own Measure - TIME

we are so accurate in our forecasts we use the variables of million to millions.

Speaking of accuracy...What is the historical accuracy of the CBO? Anyone?

The CBO can only estimate from the figures they are given. Trash in, trash out.

By statute, CBO's baseline projections must estimate the future paths of federal spending and revenues under current law and policies. The baseline is therefore not intended to be a prediction of future budgetary outcomes; instead, it is meant to serve as a neutral benchmark that lawmakers can use to measure the effects of proposed changes to spending and taxes. So for that reason and others, actual budgetary outcomes are almost certain to differ from CBO's baseline projections

CBO's forecasting record.
Translated - they present the facts

if you understood the mindset of the American worker, you would understand that a temporary job is no more valuable to the economy than that same empoloyee being on unemployment.

What retard told you that?

So the millions of temporay jobs that come along every holiday season, or every summer when construction ramps up for example,

those jobs are of NO VALUE to the economy...according to you.

You may be the most stupid poster on this forum.

It is basic labor information you dickhead.

One who takes a temporary job but wants a permanent job, sees the temporary job as a means of income that he or she would othewrwise have via unemployment insurance...but as you know, your UI is deferred if working a temporary job.

When one is on a temporary job, as when on UI, one does not spend the same as if he/she were on a permanent job as one knows such income is temporary and thus concern of losing that income exists

So if one only spends 200 a week while on unemployment, and then gets a temp job from tax money...he will still only spend 200 a week

SO nothing changes...tax money is paying him...and he is still spending only 200 a week.

I suggest you understand the mindset of the wage earner before commenting.

You are making an ass of yourself.

You're the one who said temporary jobs don't help the economy. That's idiocy.

If you put a billion dollars or whatever into fixing bridges, and hundreds of workers get temporary jobs until the bridges are fixed,

you want to tell us there is no economic benefit to that.

No benefit whatsoever to hundreds having good paying jobs for 6 months or a year or whatever, and no benefit to the country to having new or like new bridges to drive over?

Are you just trolling for amusement this morning?

keep lying , the stimulus wokred and the only people who say it didnt are partisan hacks

we are so accurate in our forecasts we use the variables of million to millions.

Speaking of accuracy...What is the historical accuracy of the CBO? Anyone?

The CBO can only estimate from the figures they are given. Trash in, trash out.

By statute, CBO's baseline projections must estimate the future paths of federal spending and revenues under current law and policies. The baseline is therefore not intended to be a prediction of future budgetary outcomes; instead, it is meant to serve as a neutral benchmark that lawmakers can use to measure the effects of proposed changes to spending and taxes. So for that reason and others, actual budgetary outcomes are almost certain to differ from CBO's baseline projections

CBO's forecasting record.
Translated - they present the facts

lol... Show us all where the stimulus did even part of what it said it was supposed to do... Go ahead, own up suga cube.

Nice try...but the unemployment rate was already over 8% when the stimulus passed

The Unemployment rate was 8.2% when Obama signed the 'crapulus' bill into law in Fed 2009. We were told it would keep the rate from going above that level.

Since it was signed, the rate was below 9% only 4 of the 28 months that have passed.

It did shit to the rate.

It kept the rate from going to 11% or more.

no one....NO ONE...predicted the rate was going to 11%.

Not one economists on the left and not one on the right.

So I find that rationalization as a sign of "what the fuck did we do wrong"......

It did shit to the rate.

When were you told that stimulus would keep unemployment below 8%??

Lets see the quote

They were never told that, but they've definitely been told to say that.

you're a lying sack of shit.

http://otrans.3cdn.net/ee40602f9a7d8172b8_ozm6bt5oi.pdf
check the chart on page 5. It shows the unemployment rate at no more than 8% 'with' the stimulus plan.

keep lying , the stimulus wokred and the only people who say it didnt are partisan hacks

Partisan hacks, business owners, democrats, republicans, economists...heck...even Obama said the shovel ready jobs were not as shovel ready as he expected.....I guess that was him saying "it worked like a charm".

TM....your posts are humorous.

The only people that believe the stimulus worked are middle class hating, poor people killing, war loving fools that like debt and killing the earth...

Beat that TM!

Oh, thanks for avoiding my question where you show benchmarks being met as proof… Not like I nor EVERYONE ELSE on the boards didn’t see that one coming from you, lol. At least you got in your 6 year old debating style attacks in haha.

Because for you it’s Party over country, right TM? =D

I'm still waiting for you to disagree with Obama about anything haha.

Obama's 2009 stimulus is still boosting jobs

The $825 billion economic stimulus law signed by President Obama in February 2009 is still having a positive impact on the economy some 30 months later, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

In its latest quarterly report, the agency said the law's combination of aid to states and localities, public works projects, tax cuts and other spending increased the number of people with jobs by 1 million to 2.9 million between April and June of this year.

It said the law lowered the unemployment rate for that quarter by 0.5 to 1.6 percentage points -- meaning the rate could have been above 10% without the law's stimulative provisions. And it said the law boosted economic growth in that quarter by 0.8% to 2.5%.

And to think....EVERY Republican voted against the stimulus
Is that why new unemployment applications rose this past week to 417,000? Some stimulus!

Partisan hacks, business owners, democrats, republicans, economists...heck...even Obama said the shovel ready jobs were not as shovel ready as he expected.....I guess that was him saying "it worked like a charm".

TM....your posts are humorous.

It is amazing... Even Obama admits it failed and yet TM is still going strong.

Ops, looks like it's time for TM to reboot and forget everything people spammed at her.

Obama's 2009 stimulus is still boosting jobs

The $825 billion economic stimulus law signed by President Obama in February 2009 is still having a positive impact on the economy some 30 months later, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

In its latest quarterly report, the agency said the law's combination of aid to states and localities, public works projects, tax cuts and other spending increased the number of people with jobs by 1 million to 2.9 million between April and June of this year.

It said the law lowered the unemployment rate for that quarter by 0.5 to 1.6 percentage points -- meaning the rate could have been above 10% without the law's stimulative provisions. And it said the law boosted economic growth in that quarter by 0.8% to 2.5%.

And to think....EVERY Republican voted against the stimulus
Is that why new unemployment applications rose this past week to 417,000? Some stimulus!

But...but....but.....without the stimulus, that number would be well over 500K!!!!!!

It did shit to the rate.

It kept the rate from going to 11% or more.

no one....NO ONE...predicted the rate was going to 11%.

Not one economists on the left and not one on the right.

So I find that rationalization as a sign of "what the fuck did we do wrong"......

I don't agree... But maybe when you say right you don’t include many in the Austrian economics and Ron Paul.

Forum List

Back