CBO: Obama stimulus still boosting jobs

Just think

EVERY Republican voted against saving our auto industry

Who started the auto bailouts again?

But we know who f'ed over the investors

Investors accepted a risk...that is what investing is

They invested in an industry that required a government bailout. The taxpayer is not responsible for making sure investors make money

They accepted that the law would be changed mid stream.

Now you come across as stupid. ARE YOU?

Just think

Who started the auto bailouts again?

But we know who f'ed over the investors

Investors accepted a risk...that is what investing is

They invested in an industry that required a government bailout. The taxpayer is not responsible for making sure investors make money

I wonder how you would feel if....

You signed a contract to purchase a home with the understanding being you cant get your 10% deposit back but you dont mind becuase you have your financing in place and ready to close.........but two days after you signed the contract, RESPA laws changed and your secured financing falls through...........so you lose your 10% deposit.....

I bet you would just sit back and say "hey, I took a calculated risk and I lost"

Sure you would.

stimulus_110818.jpg

it does not take rocket science to know that if you take a half a trillion dollars and dedicate it to creating jobs, it will create jobs.

That was never the issue.

Really? Are you retarded? btw that's a rhetorical question.

"The stimulus has not created one private sector job." Gov. Rick Scott, 2010

PolitiFact Florida | Rick Scott says the stimulus didn't create a single private sector job

"You know, after the $1 trillion dollars stimulus bill that didn’t create any jobs..." Boehner

"The Obama stimulus has been a monumental failure that hasn't created a single job..." Newt Gingrich

Gingrich And Boehner Argue Stimulus Is A ‘Failure’ That Hasn’t Created ‘A Single Job’ | ThinkProgress

"The last stimulus bill didn’t create one new job..." Scott Brown

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...brown-says-stimulus-didnt-create-one-new-job/

Etc., etc.

No, that was never the issue, except when it was. :lol::lol:

Obama's 2009 stimulus is still boosting jobs

The $825 billion economic stimulus law signed by President Obama in February 2009 is still having a positive impact on the economy some 30 months later, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

In its latest quarterly report, the agency said the law's combination of aid to states and localities, public works projects, tax cuts and other spending increased the number of people with jobs by 1 million to 2.9 million between April and June of this year.

It said the law lowered the unemployment rate for that quarter by 0.5 to 1.6 percentage points -- meaning the rate could have been above 10% without the law's stimulative provisions. And it said the law boosted economic growth in that quarter by 0.8% to 2.5%.

And to think....EVERY Republican voted against the stimulus
More lies? Funny how the unemployment rate is still going up, even after the lie"The unemployment rat will not go over 8%" from the left. The stimulus was and is a failure, like everything obamaturd does.

RW and TM sitting in a tree... s h o o t i n g. First they shoot the economy, then people in the Middle East... Next comes holding the country hostage and eliminating peace!

Aww, what a love story....

The $825 billion economic stimulus law signed by President Obama in February 2009 is still having a positive impact on the economy some 30 months later, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

In its latest quarterly report, the agency said the law's combination of aid to states and localities, public works projects, tax cuts and other spending increased the number of people with jobs by 1 million to 2.9 million between April and June of this year.

It said the law lowered the unemployment rate for that quarter by 0.5 to 1.6 percentage points -- meaning the rate could have been above 10% without the law's stimulative provisions. And it said the law boosted economic growth in that quarter by 0.8% to 2.5%.

More lies? Funny how the unemployment rate is still going up, even after the lie"The unemployment rat will not go over 8%" from the left. The stimulus was and is a failure, like everything obamaturd does.

Nice try...but the unemployment rate was already over 8% when the stimulus passed

it does not take rocket science to know that if you take a half a trillion dollars and dedicate it to creating jobs, it will create jobs.

That was never the issue.

Really? Are you retarded? btw that's a rhetorical question.

"The stimulus has not created one private sector job." Gov. Rick Scott, 2010

PolitiFact Florida | Rick Scott says the stimulus didn't create a single private sector job

"You know, after the $1 trillion dollars stimulus bill that didn’t create any jobs..." Boehner

"The Obama stimulus has been a monumental failure that hasn't created a single job..." Newt Gingrich

Gingrich And Boehner Argue Stimulus Is A ‘Failure’ That Hasn’t Created ‘A Single Job’ | ThinkProgress

"The last stimulus bill didn’t create one new job..." Scott Brown

PolitiFact | Scott Brown says stimulus 'didn't create one new job'

Etc., etc.

No, that was never the issue, except when it was. :lol::lol:

I said "create jobs" not "create private sector jobs"

The truth is, the stimulus created temporary jobs....not real jobs. The jobs are only as good as long as the money lasts. It did nothing poisitive for creating permanent private sector jobs.

And no...I am not retarded. To the contrary, I am quite intelligent with a degree from Syracuse University in Economics (Maxwell School of Citizenship) and have run 3 companies of which one I sold after 5 years and the other two are surviving nicely during these difficult times.

Prove it. If I remember right it went up after it was signed. But then you telling me the truth would be kinda far fetched.

Just think

First off, that's not even true. There were Republican votes for the auto bailout, Paul Ryan among them. One would think you would taken the time to verify something so easily fact checked.

Second, what makes you think the auto industry was saved? Chrysler got sold to a foreign company and GM is falling back down into a financial black hole all over again despite the government bailout. What we'll never now know is if GM had been allowed to go under like they should have, what future innovative auto company would have eventually risen to fill that void in the market with a better business model and better automobiles that maybe could have put the American auto industry back on top again some day. You'll notice that Ford, the one company that didn't take the bailout, is performing the best of the former Big Three.

It's funny, you know. You guys criticize conservatives for wanting to stay glued to the idea of a 1950s American society, while those of you on the left do exactly the same thing when it comes to labor. Neither is viable in 21st century America.

Last edited:

actually its more like .6 million to 1.5 million since the other 40% of the jobs were created under the conservative leadership of texas governor rick perry ;)

Forum List

Back