Removing physical currency from society will be one of the most impactful and positive events in the history of civilization:
  • It almost immediately eliminates criminal activity. Without cash, one has to explain transactions. A prostitute must explain why she had a transaction at 2:00 a.m. when she is not employed. Gambling, narcotics, etc. are all in deep trouble instantly.
  • It essentially eliminates robbery. Yes, there will be cybercrime of course. But a person hacking my bank account is a billion times safer than a person sticking a gun in my face to take my cash.
  • It instantly eliminates all tax evasion. With a digital record of every transaction, all of the criminals who currently don't pay taxes now show an income. That closes a huge gap for the government and eases the burden on the rest of us who do pay our taxes.
Visa unveils new incentive plan to push cashless transactions

The main thing is to install the banksters as middlemen in every single financial transaction.

cash around (which the government you claim to not want to empower, manipulates),

You think using credit or non-cash payments protects you from government manipulation of the money supply and interest rates? LOL! Tell me more!!!
I will tell you more. And then you'll be embarrassed over your stupidity and you'll make outrageous claims because your fragile ego won't allow you to admit that you were wrong.

As stated multiple times in this thread already, currency is removed from our economy for a multitude of reasons. This causes government to inject currency into the economy without any real idea of how much is still out there. That causes inflation, devalues the dollar, etc. It's constant fluctuation. That lack of stability isn't good for the economy or the citizens.

With pure digital currency, we could know the exact amount and there never be a need for the government to inject more since it cannot be lost, burned in house fires, thrown into wishing wells in Disney World, etc. That brings tremendous stability. In addition:
  • We wouldn't waste the tremendous tax dollars on printing and coining currency
  • People wouldn't be able to evade taxes like they do now (your #1 fear)
  • It would all but completely eliminate criminal activity (without cash, how do criminal organizations explain their income/transactions?)
  • Without cash - individuals are safer. Hackers might steal money, but nobody will be placing a gun to your face to rob you if they know currency doesn't exist.
Look - I get it. You love not paying your taxes and burdening the rest of us with your share. I can understand how someone like you would be freaked out about it. But frankly, I'm tired of carrying your share. There are millions of people not paying their taxes, costing the U.S. government trillions of dollars which they make up by crushing the rest of us. It is a 100% guarantee that we will be an economy that is strictly run on digital transactions someday. It's just a matter of when. In the meantime, you might want to start researching some third world countries where your tax evasion and other criminal activities will be more palatable by the citizens.

As stated multiple times in this thread already, currency is removed from our economy for a multitude of reasons.

Until you can show our economy is harmed by this, rather than helped, your theory remains unproven.

That causes inflation, devalues the dollar, etc.

If foreigners take $500 billion in USD and use them in Russia, Cuba, Venezuela and any other nation with an untrustworthy currency, how can it cause inflation here?

We wouldn't waste the tremendous tax dollars on printing and coining currency

Printing currency is profitable for the government.

It would all but completely eliminate criminal activity

You already said people could buy things (guns) and the government wouldn't know what they bought.
I enjoy refuting your claims, but it's so much more fun when you refute them yourself.
Things started falling apart when the "redeemable in gold" was deleted from what was printed on the dollar bills.
The next move was to establish the "Feds" who are actually private banksters who are anonymous and issue the money we use. They own it and we are in effect just renting it from them even though we are the ones who have to back the printed money with the collateral...in the form of taxes while all they contribute is paper and ink. After they accomplished that feat they convinced the government to make it illegal for private citizens to physically own gold and confiscate it
Executive Order 6102 - Wikipedia
Executive Order 6102 is a United States presidential executive order signed on April 5, 1933, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the Hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States". The effect of the order, in conjunction with the statute under which it was issued, was to criminalize the possession of monetary gold by any individual, partnership, association or corporation.
And it should not surprise anyone that now they want to convince us that doing away with cash is the way to go using the pretense to combat criminality....It is nothing more than a lure and a clever deflection. which are the usual tools for corrupt politicians to push an agenda to fuck the public

The next move was to establish the "Feds" who are actually private banksters

The Fed is part of the US government.

issue the money we use.

Most money is created by commercial banks.

They own it and we are in effect just renting it from them

I'm not paying rent on any of my FRNs. Who do you pay?

And it should not surprise anyone that now they want to convince us that doing away with cash is the way to go using the pretense to combat criminality

I agree, getting rid of cash because "crime" is a moronic idea.

Let me start by saying I hate cash, I won't even take coins, I leave them on the counter... I'm one of those chicks who doesn't carry a purse so fuck cash/coins.

That said, I do craigslist and I have zero desire to mess with electronic money when I'm selling off my junk, or occasionally buying a select piece (local art, collectables, etc.) also got annoyed the other day when I went downtown and NONE of the parking lots took cash - I had specifically brought cash for the stupid parking, to include a roll of quarters (it's like $5/h or some shit and who knows if you end up at a meter or in a lot cause there's just not enough parking) however, I had /not/ brought my debit card (which is the only plastic I have) because I hadn't called in to activate my replacement card yet >.< I ended up not paying and was worried sick I was going to get a parking ticket, at least my luck held out and I didn't, but the stress was annoying - especially since I had a damn roll of quarters in my pocket the whole 4 hours lol

I'm on the fence overall. In general I'd like to get rid of cash/coin because I hate carrying it, but on the other hand there are some things I'm not comfortable dealing with electronically either. I guess I'm not ready yet. My husband on the other hand loves cash, he /always/ has and pays cash. He dislikes cards and is still getting used to paying with his debit card heh

Yes. Jaraxle was right and you were wrong.
Yeah...nothing says "right" like giving an example of your local city hall! :lmao:

When you got to Walmart, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope. When you got to McDonald's, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope. When you got to Best Buy, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope. When you got to Staples, are you charged a fee for using a credit card? Nope...

Sure you are. The vendors pay it on your behalf. That's why smaller retailers sometimes won't accept cards, or give a discount for cash.

I'm actually fine with a cashless economy, as long as the currency can't be controlled by governments. That's the great promise of schemes like Bitcoin. We'll have to see how it shakes out.

I'm actually fine with a cashless economy, as long as the currency can't be controlled by governments. That's the great promise of schemes like Bitcoin. We'll have to see how it shakes out.
The problem is - currency is already controlled by government. Digital currency will give them less power to manipulate it, will reduce costs, and will eliminate criminal activity (such as tax evasion).

The problem is - currency is already controlled by government. Digital currency will give them less power to manipulate it, will reduce costs, and will eliminate criminal activity (such as tax evasion).

Only Buttsoiler would step in the shit of his own illogic, get told about it multiple times, and then -------------- proceed to step right back in it.

If this digital currency gives government less power to manipulate it --- then that makes criminal activity, whether tax evasion or anything else, EASIER, not harder.

My thunder what an idiot.

If this digital currency gives government less power to manipulate it --- then that makes criminal activity, whether tax evasion or anything else, EASIER, not harder.
Holy hell do you continue to take ignorance to unprecedented levels. Government's ability to manipulate currency is completely and totally unrelated to their ability to track and/or disrupt criminal activity.

Your comment is literally as stupid as saying "if government controls tax rates, they can't engage in foreign policy". :cuckoo:

You know it too - which is why you didn't even attempt to explain how government's reduced ability to manipulate currency magically increases criminal's ability to engage in criminal activity. :laugh:

Holy hell do you continue to take ignorance to unprecedented levels. Government's ability to manipulate currency is completely and totally unrelated to their ability to track and/or disrupt criminal activity.

Your comment is literally as stupid as saying "if government controls tax rates, they can't engage in foreign policy". :cuckoo:

You know it too - which is why you didn't even attempt to explain how government's reduced ability to manipulate currency magically increases criminal's ability to engage in criminal activity. :laugh:

I just knew that would sail over your head. What I wasn't so sure about was that it would sail over said head a THIRD time.

OK, real simple in stick figures.....

You receive your delivery of crack, parcel it up and find a buyer. You deliver the crack, buyer deposits $729.46 in your PayPal account. Done. Government only knows you had a transaction.

my only reason for cash is that i like its privacy .
By the way - just because it's a digital transition doesn't mean you surrender privacy. If I sold you a firearm in a private transaction today and you paid me using PayPal, the government would have no clue what I sold you. They would simply know that you and I had a transaction. Nothing more.

Then you decide you need your clock cleaned and come to me. I clean your clock (again) and you deposit $822.56 in my account. Again, done.

I know that's a high price but you're way behind on these clock cleaning bills.

Removing physical currency from society will be one of the most impactful and positive events in the history of civilization:
  • It almost immediately eliminates criminal activity. Without cash, one has to explain transactions. A prostitute must explain why she had a transaction at 2:00 a.m. when she is not employed. Gambling, narcotics, etc. are all in deep trouble instantly.
  • It essentially eliminates robbery. Yes, there will be cybercrime of course. But a person hacking my bank account is a billion times safer than a person sticking a gun in my face to take my cash.
  • It instantly eliminates all tax evasion. With a digital record of every transaction, all of the criminals who currently don't pay taxes now show an income. That closes a huge gap for the government and eases the burden on the rest of us who do pay our taxes.
Visa unveils new incentive plan to push cashless transactions
Why would ANYONE have to explain a 2am transaction employed or not? How is this kind of Gestapo bullshit a good thing? Her money is her fucking business & no one else's.

The truth comes out about how Republicans want that boot on their neck at all times.
Damn right I want the boot on the neck of criminals at all times.
You need to post YOUR tax return here so we can make sure YOU are not a criminal.

Seriously though WTF is wrong with you and this big brother bullshit?

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear ...
Fear from what? You gonna just bend over willingly?

Fuck this nosey garbage

The truth comes out about how Republicans want that boot on their neck at all times.
Damn right I want the boot on the neck of criminals at all times.
You need to post YOUR tax return here so we can make sure YOU are not a criminal.

Seriously though WTF is wrong with you and this big brother bullshit?

Supreme irony here that Buttsoiler, the wag who relentlessly and cluelessly tries to equate "Liberalism" with its opposite "fascism", gets hisself schooled by taking the latter position and hearing the blowback from all sides.

Forum List

Back