Carville nails it again

So how does one balance striking back without sinking down to the level of the opponent…

The new Trump Republicans help the Democrats as Republicans ignore them and wish they would just go away.

Greene, Boebert, Gaetz and Gosar compete over who can be the most crass and repulsive.

Dems can just point to them and say…..This is how Republicans are

Last edited:
Interesting Carville ignores liberal nut-jobs like AOC and Omar who repeatedly attack the electorate.

So what? If you guys were serious about stopping undocumented immigration, you'd go after the white people who hire them. You aren't. You just want someone to hate on.
I've been saying that for two decades

And for two decades nothing has changed in that regard

James Carville continues to try to help his party. The latest: Don't wrestle with pigs - you only get dirty, and the pig likes it:

Complaining about these people, demanding insincere apologies and empty condemnations, only emboldens people like this, and those who follow them. It raises them. How do people NOT know this?

Stop feeding them.

He's right, but the left won't stop focusing on them...the propagandist can divert attention to them, instead of drawing attention to the failed, train wreak, and havoc caused by their cult's leadership...it keeps their cultist happy

The new Trump Republicans help the Democrats as Republicans ignore them and wish they wold just go away.

Greene, Boebert, Gaetz and Gosar compete over who can be the most crass and repulsive.

Meh, the dems spend their time on such people the same way the gop spends their time on "the squad" trying to get the rabble roused for everything from voter participation to donations for "their side".

Thing is they ignore the Independent voter who, by and large, wishes a pox on both their houses and would prefer that they stick to the issues. It's all circus.

So how does one balance striking back without sinking down to the level of the opponent…
I've always believed that the best approach is to let the opponent hang themselves with their own words.

That requires engagement, and you can't engage with someone whose defenses are up because of the constant attacks. Then, you're actually in the "arena of ideas". If you lose, you lose. But just handing them the victory sure doesn't seem like a good idea.

Obviously that can't happen on an internet message board. But when you're face to face with someone, especially in front of people, that's different.

Last edited:
Ah, remember when everyone said to not pay any attention to that whacky billionaire who was going out calling Mexican rapists and saying we should build a wall?

How did that work out again?

Biden is letting them rush in.
How is that working out?

I've always believed that the best approach is to let the opponent hang themselves with their own words.

That requires engagement, and you can't engage with someone whose defenses are up because of the constant attacks. Then, you're actually in the "arena of ideas". If you lose, you lose. But just handing them the victory sure doesn't seem like a good idea.

Obviously that can't happen on an internet message board. But when you're face to face with someone, especially in front of people, that's different.

In the recent cases, I think AOC and Omar handled it correctly.

Rather than reply in kind with a pissing contest, both Democrats held up the actions of Trump Republicans as an assault on the integrity of Congress and of Muslims rather than replying with a personal insult

When called on her behavior, Boebert chose to make a “if you were offended” apology and gave a “yea but you did this” response to Omar

In the recent cases, I think AOC and Omar handled it correctly.

Rather than reply in kind with a pissing contest, both Democrats held up the actions of Trump Republicans as an assault on the integrity of Congress and of Muslims rather than replying with a personal insult

When called on her behavior, Boebert chose to make a “if you were offended” apology and gave a “yea but you did this” response to Omar
I think there's a balance to this. Yes, hold it up and point at it. "See? This is who they are". But then expecting some kind of apology or punishment is exactly what they want: To be painted as the victim. Ka-ching!

Let them hang themselves with their words. But instead of trying to then punish them, leverage that as an opportunity to step over them rather than wrestle in the mud with them.

I'm sure as hell no political expert. I just don't see the current approach working. And this is one fuckin' lousy time for that.

Last edited:
The new Trump Republicans help the Democrats as Republicans ignore them and wish they would just go away.

See, this is the type of thinking that is necessary. Find another four such as Gohmert, Jordan, Cawthorne, and Scalise to add to the four above, and you can
market them as "The Crazy 8". (similar to The Squad). :)

Yes, ignoring blatant Republican Racism worked so well with Trump in 2015...
Oh, wait, no, it didn't. He became President because no one called him on it and we ended up putting kids in concentration camps.

Just remember, this is the same James Carville who attacked anyone who dared suggest Clinton was lying about the blow job. But outright fucking racism? Naw, we should let that slide.
When it comes to racism, prejudice and bigotry by the Prog narratives, it is on all sides of the coin.

Pretty ironic don't you think??
It is the Democratic Party that allowed their fringe to take over, not the Republicans.
Hilarious.

James Carville continues to try to help his party.

Yes, the democrat party is all that matters to you.

My suggestion to you would be to alter your perspective in such a way that it is the wellbeing of your fellow Americans that actually matters and not just your blind obedience to the machinations of one political party seeking to control us all.

Forum List

Back